PDA

View Full Version : Help with static noise

garrettt3
2006-01-15, 07:05 PM
Im trying to get this Jamiroquai show up on the den and when I copy the VHS to the digital camcoder there is this static noise that is intermintent but goes through the whole show. I dont want to do any major editing and stuff but this noise needs to be fixed if it is to be shared. Any way a newb can handle this with some simple software or something? Thanks

Five
2006-01-15, 07:56 PM
that's the kind of problem that requires "major editing"

the alternative is to run an anti-static filter on it but that will harm the audio almost as much as it helps with the static.

so perhaps you should seed it as-is

hanshak2015
2006-01-17, 03:30 AM
Are you sure the noise is on the original tape? Because too often it is simply added during the transfer. If that is the case, check if the VCR that you are using for playback is connected with the tv signal. If so, unhook it for the conversion process.
If the noise is on the original tape however I would recommend recording everything onto your PC, then separate the audio stream from the video using TMPGEnc or something similar, then you can easily remove the static noise with SEKDs Samplitude.

Hope it helps.
Cheers.

garrettt3
2006-01-17, 10:05 PM
I actually am not so sure its on the tape. Atleast not as bad. However the VCR i am using is just straight rca cables to the camcorder. Any other reasons that cause bad static during transfer.?

Thanks

AAR.oner
2006-01-18, 07:17 AM
could be something as simple as dirty video heads or cable issues...also if you have the option of going S-Video out, try that...are you using a "regular" consumer vcr and camcorder?

Akghar
2006-01-24, 12:14 PM
Im trying to get this Jamiroquai show up on the den and when I copy the VHS to the digital camcoder there is this static noise that is intermintent but goes through the whole show. I dont want to do any major editing and stuff but this noise needs to be fixed if it is to be shared. Any way a newb can handle this with some simple software or something? Thanks

hello!

which jamiroquai show is it?
maybe a transfer has already been realised!