PDA

View Full Version : One more firewall question

janzarick
2016-04-25, 04:46 PM
At the risk of sounding stoopid - Can I UNfirewall my pc without affecting the other pc's on the router? I am a guest at home and the other pc's here are used extensively for business and don't want to screw anything.Thanks in advance.

U2Lynne
2016-04-25, 09:00 PM
I am pretty sure you can. You didn't say HOW you were firewalled. If your computer is firewalling you, then you can turn it off for just your computer. If the router is firewalling you, then you can just port forward your port for whatever you want.

janzarick
2016-04-25, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is his router. I need to get make, model and go to portfoward and open 6881-6889 correct?

DanielG
2016-04-26, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. It is his router. I need to get make, model and go to portfoward and open 6881-6889 correct?
It depends what port your bitTorrent client is using.

In order to get port forwarding working you need:

1. You local IP address (the IP address on your network. Note: your PCs IP address may change each time you reboot your PC so you will either need to give your computer a static IP address OR you can log onto your router and give your PC a specific IP address)

2. Port used by your bitTorrent client. If you're using uTorrent go to Options --> Setup guide and note down the Current Port value.

Once you have this info, you get use the PortForward.com site to get setup.