PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to Configure LAME for Foobar

BELLITTC
2005-09-02, 10:32 PM
I tried to use Foobar to convert FLAC to MP3 (for iPod), but I'm getting errors. I think I need to configure Foobar or add a command line with LAME, or something like that.

How do I resolve?

Thanks.

brimstone
2005-09-03, 12:26 PM
I would try to convert to AAC but if you want to use lame and foobar you should do something like this:

Open the foobar2000 preferences and select diskwriter. Under "output presets" select lame with the command line you would like to use and click the edit button to select the correct path.

brimstone
2005-09-03, 12:48 PM
I couldn't find the edit button to my previous post but this could also be of interest.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t34269.html

DoIFeelLucky
2005-09-03, 01:10 PM
As I recall, foobar2000 comes with some presets for various common encoders, including lame.exe. Just click the menu Foobar2000 > Preferences, then choose Diskwriter from the list on the side. In the middle of the preferences window should be a drop-down list called "Output Presets." I recommend "LAME --alt-preset standard." Once you've selected it, click the "Edit" button right underneath, and all you have to do is specify the path to the encoder (lame.exe). I recommend using LAME 3.90.3 or 3.96.1 (both are well-tested versions).