PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions about this one

bellestar827
2005-08-29, 06:18 PM
No lineage given, other than it's a 1972 FM broadcast.

bellestar827
2005-08-29, 06:21 PM
More captures

ffooky
2005-08-29, 07:29 PM
A 2 sec zoomed in spectral is called for but the first thing that occurred to me on seeing the FA was AAC.

range_hood
2005-08-30, 06:23 AM
Looks like a stereo recording but doesn´t look like FM. There should be some sort of dropoff at 15-16kHz and a pilot at 19 kHz. FM Stereo Broadcast Band (http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/audio/radio.html#c2).
The lego style response in the higher levels indicates a lossy recording. If this is really from 1972 there should be a better recording somewhere floating around. What artist is this?

Attached: what a FM recording could look like.

Five
2005-08-30, 08:39 AM
looks like a slightly mangled MD>CDR. notice the lego "skyline". there's been several 70s shows with this signature being distributed ... this is lossy for sure, and shouldn't be traded.

bellestar827
2005-08-30, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the responses, I was 99% sure this is lossy, but I just wanted to confirm it. It's a Johnny Cash Show recording from Amsterdam, 1972 currently running at dimeadozen http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=56892

ssamadhi97
2005-08-31, 10:28 PM
looks like a slightly mangled MD>CDR. notice the lego "skyline".
Actually more like CDR > non-secure DAE > MD - notice the lego effect around the vertical bars that are most likely DAE glitches? They look like an MD encoder tried to encode them.
A 2 sec zoomed in spectral is called for but the first thing that occurred to me on seeing the FA was AAC.
No, I would say that this definitely doesn't look like AAC at all. What made you think so?

Five
2005-09-01, 03:48 AM
good eye

I agree

ffooky
2005-09-01, 04:58 AM
No, I would say that this definitely doesn't look like AAC at all. What made you think so?

On Frequency.jpg & Spectralfull.jpg it was the isolated peak centred around 18KHz that reminded me of some high bitrate AAC files I encoded a while back using an earlier version of iTunes. I've tried to recreate the effect since this thread but can't.

mort
2005-10-18, 11:25 AM
How Does It Sound

Did Anyone Bother To Listen To It With Their Ears ?

freezer
2005-10-18, 11:52 AM
How does it sound?

Damn, HoMort, and I thought you were asking opinions about ninja again.

Well, you probably don't want THOSE opinions.

mort
2005-10-18, 12:42 PM
First True Thing You Ever Said
Noone Wants Your Opinion

So Crawl Back Into You Hole And Enjoy Your Imaginary Recordings!

freezer
2005-10-18, 01:50 PM
First True Thing You Ever Said
Ninja Wants Your Opinion

So Crawl Back Into You Hole And Enjoy Your Imaginary Recordings!

C'mon, ninja don't you want to set up a trade?

And are you really a dumb moderator?? ;)

mort
2005-10-22, 08:42 AM
C'mon, ninja don't you want to set up a trade?

And are you really a dumb moderator?? ;)

MY GOOD FRIEND JON NAURIN SAID YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN TRADING
OR CIRCULATING YOUR IMAGINARY MASTERS SO :disbelief I GUESS THATS THAT :D

freezer
2005-10-22, 04:04 PM
MY GOOD FRIEND JON NAURIN SAID YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN TRADING
OR CIRCULATING YOUR IMAGINARY MASTERS SO :disbelief I GUESS THATS THAT :D

Your "good" friend Jon is obviously not interested in trading, as I told him what I was looking for. If he was interested in obtaining 7 or 8 uncirculated Zappa tapes, he might have tried to locate something to trade with me. The Zappa sampler I made was originally intended for him alone, but he broke off contact when I offered it to him. It was not meant to 'tease' anybody. If Jon had wanted, he could have already initiated trades for those shows and they'd be in the hands of many collectors.

I told Jon what bands I was looking for in trade and he said he couldn't supply them. And he alluded to this on zappateers site. I'm only interested in New Orleans jazz or blues like Gatemouth Brown.

You, morty/ninja only want something for nothing. And it's obvious that you only wish to start flame wars and you have no wish to trade for anything.

Good luck to you because if you did want to trade, you'd have asked me what I wanted.

Now I'm not interested.........I've already located what I was looking for in trade....some of it just today.

Thanks for playing anyway.

mort
2005-10-23, 04:02 PM
Your "good" friend Jon is obviously not interested in trading, as I told him what I was looking for. If he was interested in obtaining 7 or 8 uncirculated Zappa tapes, he might have tried to locate something to trade with me. The Zappa sampler I made was originally intended for him alone, but he broke off contact when I offered it to him. It was not meant to 'tease' anybody. If Jon had wanted, he could have already initiated trades for those shows and they'd be in the hands of many collectors.

I told Jon what bands I was looking for in trade and he said he couldn't supply them. And he alluded to this on zappateers site. I'm only interested in New Orleans jazz or blues like Gatemouth Brown.

You, morty/ninja only want something for nothing. And it's obvious that you only wish to start flame wars and you have no wish to trade for anything.

Good luck to you because if you did want to trade, you'd have asked me what I wanted.

Now I'm not interested.........I've already located what I was looking for in trade....some of it just today.

Thanks for playing anyway.

YOU LOSE AGAIN ONLY BOOTLEGGERS HOARD THIS IS A TORRENT SITE NOT A TRADING SITE

I TORRENT YOU DONT END OF STORY

netyuppie
2005-10-23, 04:26 PM
THIS IS A TORRENT SITE NOT A TRADING SITE

it is? :wtf:
thetorrentden.org

mort
2005-10-23, 04:55 PM
it is? :wtf:
thetorrentden.org

OK YOUR RIGHT

I WILL NO LONGER TORRENT AND JUST TRADE !

THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT

freezer
2005-10-23, 07:48 PM
OK YOUR RIGHT

I WILL NO LONGER TORRENT AND JUST TRADE !

THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT

Jumpin' Jeesis, Momort!!

Ain't nothing could set you straight.......

:lol :lol :lol :rolleyes:

oh wait, let me 'say' it sou YOU'LL understand, morty..........try this...

AIN'T NOTHING COULD SET YOU STRAIGHT!!!

:lmao: :lol :rolleyes:

reece
2005-10-23, 08:12 PM
MORT has a point Freezer. I've never seen you seed anything. Now Jcrab, I've seen him seed quite a few shows he got from some guy whose name escapes me at the moment. Ice Box or Fridgadaire or something like that.