PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

spacejam1
2005-07-30, 06:09 AM
My puter crashed the other day and I finally got it back. I use Firefox and now my tabs are all on the bottom of the screen instead of at the top. How can I get them back up where I like them? I searched everywhere and can't seem to find how to move them. Might be that I am burnt on the massive hours that I've spent on fixing this puter. I appreciate any help. Tabs on the bottom of the screen annoy the shit outta me! LOL

Femputer
2005-07-30, 07:01 AM
That Does Not Fempute.

J.Phillips
2005-07-30, 09:45 AM
in windows go to start>run then type firefox.exe -profilemanager to open the profile manager. Create a new profile or default profile and it will be back to normal. However the problem here is that it resets all your favorites and stuff also, but you can still get them back.

J.Phillips
2005-07-30, 09:45 AM
that was what i did when pictures stopped showing up in my firefox

tbtb
2005-07-30, 10:25 AM
Speaking of Firefox, does anyone know how to get rid of the Aurora pop-up windows that accompany the Firefox browser? I have tried blocking pop-ups and have used Ad-aware and Spybot to get rid of unwanted programs, but I really can't use Firefox due to the annoying Aurora ads.
Thanks for any help and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Ted
2005-07-30, 10:31 AM
Speaking of Firefox, does anyone know how to get rid of the Aurora pop-up windows that accompany the Firefox browser? I have tried blocking pop-ups and have used Ad-aware and Spybot to get rid of unwanted programs, but I really can't use Firefox due to the annoying Aurora ads.
Thanks for any help and sorry for hijacking the thread.I don't use Firefox so I may be wrong, but I thought it was ad-free. It's open source and I don't know any open source that contains ads. You may want to give Lavasoft's Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy (or both) a shot and see if you have spyware installed on your computer. I'll bet you do ;)

tbtb
2005-07-30, 10:41 AM
I have used both Ad-Aware and Spybot before running Firefox so, somehow this Aurora eludes the "spyware radar." Now that I think about it, maybe I should just try to reinstall Firefox and see if that works.

Ted
2005-07-30, 11:39 AM
You could try, but if you're infected with spyware, then reinstalling Firefox won't remove it and if Firefox does indeed contain adware, then you'll simply be reinstalling it.

I just did a quick search for Aurora removal instructions. Try THIS PAGE. (http://www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/aurora-removal)

Five
2005-07-30, 11:45 AM
I'm using ff never seen the aurora popups so I think Ted is right it must be some sneaky adware

Ted
2005-07-30, 12:01 PM
Thanks Five. I meant to add that I know a few people who use FF and if they thought it contained adware, they'd be bitching up a storm.

BTW tbtb - follow those instructions TO THE LETTER or you may not be rid of Aurora.

pjet0602
2005-07-30, 02:02 PM
my firefox seems to have problems displaying animations, i.e., none of the dancing bananas, animated avatars, etc. work -- any ideas?

Ted
2005-07-30, 02:43 PM
Do you use a firewall of any kind? I use Zone Alarm and in the privacy section, I can enter a website whose options allow me to enable/disable animation (among other things) for that site.

Check FF for a similar option/setting and your firewall, if you use one. Also, maybe some pop-up blockers have the same capability. Check that too, if you use one.

altCountryGuy
2005-07-30, 03:26 PM
Here's a link showing how to change the preferences for image animation. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Tips_:_Animated_Images

pjet0602
2005-07-30, 04:40 PM
Do you use a firewall of any kind? I use Zone Alarm and in the privacy section, I can enter a website whose options allow me to enable/disable animation (among other things) for that site.

Check FF for a similar option/setting and your firewall, if you use one. Also, maybe some pop-up blockers have the same capability. Check that too, if you use one.
Aha! Thanks Ted.

spontabmark
2005-07-30, 05:42 PM
about aurora: its spyware, download ewido security suite (antispyware) and do the full scan, should get rid of it nicely

witekk
2005-07-31, 04:15 AM
Going back to the first question - do you have any Tab extension. I have Tab Mix Plus (very useful indeed) and in its options you can choose where the panel bar should be placed