The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble
 

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
• Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:42 PM
The Sixth Rat Packer The Sixth Rat Packer is offline
229.40 GB/101.23 GB/0.44
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: people who sell shows....

shhhhhhhhhhhh!

*looks around guiltily*
  #17  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:44 PM
classicrock1169 classicrock1169 is offline
450.96 GB/266.48 GB/0.59
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: people who sell shows....

Tayio Yuden Printable. Actually if you just go and buy disc that are able to be printed on they will be all white.
  #18  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:44 PM
The Sixth Rat Packer The Sixth Rat Packer is offline
229.40 GB/101.23 GB/0.44
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: people who sell shows....

ah this is them. Think they're inkjet printable ones. I've never seen those before, so... *shrugs*

  #19  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:48 PM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninvited94 View Post
You ask people why they buy that shit and donīt get it on the internet for free, and all they say is: "I want to have a proper CD of it". Well, good luck with the glue, retards.
Yep, they could just as easily say, "I want a pressed silver of this show, with or without the embedded text, because a pressed silver will last longer than a burned DVD-R. If I can someday get it without the embedded text, that would be even better, but I may never be able to get it without, so.... (wallet opens)"


As someone once said, they genned up the tapes, added cuts, glitches, traded incomplete versions, and that didn't stop the bootleggers!!
  #20  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:50 PM
uninvited94's Avatar
uninvited94 uninvited94 is offline
alive in the superunknown
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.31 TB/7.41 TB/3.21
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nine Churches, Germany
Re: people who sell shows....

I have some Intenso that look exactly the same. No printing overall and stuff. The printable SONYs I have also had at least a hint what brand they were.
__________________

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."


(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--


Looking for any


Kaki King and Team Dresch

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

  #21  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:53 PM
uninvited94's Avatar
uninvited94 uninvited94 is offline
alive in the superunknown
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.31 TB/7.41 TB/3.21
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nine Churches, Germany
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomful View Post
because a pressed silver will last longer than a burned DVD-R. l
As I said, they wonīt in this case. The playable side of the Silver gets milky white after a few years, and thatīs about it. Have some official DVDs that did the same. "Terminator", German DVD, DikiPak, fixing glue ruined the blanks.
__________________

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."


(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--


Looking for any


Kaki King and Team Dresch

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

  #22  
Old 2008-07-28, 07:54 PM
Five's Avatar
Five Five is offline
TTD Staff
186.65 GB/588.32 GB/3.15
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninvited94 View Post
Yes, but is a rip from an obviously Dime- (or TTD-) sourced show that is sold as a Silver not a rip from a before-FLACed show and may be pulled after uploading on here? I guess I have some I bought back in 2003/04, long before I came in here.
for DVD the checksums should be identical to the download version in any case so it doesn't matter much.

for CD we usually allow a silver rip just so that people who have heard about this bootleg or that having a nice eq job or something can find out for themselves without having to buy it.

altho come to think of it the last time I heard of a nice eq job on a boot was when Genuine Masters was still putting stuff out... generally they're not loved by traders.

sure you authored some dvds and changed the audio, roomful, just like I play guitar better than Jimi Hendrix except I'm very shy and only do it when I'm alone in the house

the more you talk your nonsense the more it makes ppl want to add those messages. its not like we only accept DVDs that have 'do not sell' somewhere in the video/menu, everybody can add it or not add it. so all you can do about it is author a DVD yourself and not add the 'do not sell' message. see, isn't that simple?

Rat Packer: I bit the bullet before... had a sort of interesting experience a couple years ago:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=2497

that guy's site is now no longer online. I would guess as a direct result of the conversations that came out of that liberation. Given, that guy wasn't quite the same as the guy you're dealing with.
__________________
Checksums Demystified EAC Config MakeTorrent WinAmp Config

Modern social theory casts a highly skeptical eye on any declaration that a group of persons is without conflict, and insists, on the contrary, that conflict is natural to groups, and even more, is essential to them. -Patrick Henry
  #23  
Old 2008-07-28, 08:01 PM
The Sixth Rat Packer The Sixth Rat Packer is offline
229.40 GB/101.23 GB/0.44
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: people who sell shows....

I actually was on the verge of paying for the Pearl Jam - Self Pollution (4CD) set that was a radio broadcast, and was pressed up by a Boston radio station for a promo, but lucked into finding someone who was trying to send it through soulseek, and ended up sending it to me for free (B+P).

I was happy as hell. It's a four hour radio broadcast they did from Eddie's basement. Awesome.
  #24  
Old 2008-07-28, 08:16 PM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
sure you authored some dvds and changed the audio, roomful, just like I play guitar better than Jimi Hendrix except I'm very shy and only do it when I'm alone in the house
I don't care whether you believe me. It's a piece of cake to synch two digital audio sources together when the DAUD had already been synched to the VHS camera audio. It makes a nice matrix. I haven't messed around with time stretching yet, dunno that I ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
the more you talk your nonsense the more it makes ppl want to add those messages. its not like we only accept DVDs that have 'do not sell' somewhere in the video/menu, everybody can add it or not add it. so all you can do about it is author a DVD yourself and not add the 'do not sell' message. see, isn't that simple?
Really, the reason more people are using scrolls is because of little old me? Gee I thought is was because of the bootleggers.

All I can do about it is author a different show, cuz low gen VHS isn't easy to come by, and I can't tape a 20 year old show.

It isn't nonsense when people are selling stuff online with "do not buy or sell" messages, no matter what you might think.
  #25  
Old 2008-07-29, 01:44 AM
The Sixth Rat Packer The Sixth Rat Packer is offline
229.40 GB/101.23 GB/0.44
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: people who sell shows....

I understand the logic behind putting the "not for sale" logos on the menus. The way I see it is kinda like the MPAA's labeling the screener DVDS that they send to Video stores with the "do not copy, rent, sell this movie. If you have rented, bought this copy call...." figuring that if someone DOES get a boot that's been sold to them, then they'll be encouraged to turn in those sellers in the community, and maybe blacklist them from the community.

I just don't know if people really will go to that effort.

I mean, I'm not turning in the dude that I got these from. For two reasons, mostly. 1. That's just not me. I don't go ratting on people who are doing something just because I disagree with what they are doing. But as I said, that's just me. I don't blame those who DO turn in people who sell, but I won't do it. Whether that makes me an asshole or whatever.... *shrugs*

And 2. He's still got a lot that are not available anywhere else that I could pick up. Would be kinda dumb to cut off an asset, ya know? Besides, as has been mentioned in here and as I mentioned at the beginning, I view this as my chance to liberate these boots and spread them around to the community.

R&B/Hip Hop/Soul/Funk traders are sorely lacking in the community. I know anytime I've upped stuff, there's usually a good number of people who are excited to see my offerings, because they're not ones that are available all over.

I mean, you can spit and hit a DMB or Pearl Jam or Grateful Dead show.

You don't see much D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, etc.
  #26  
Old 2008-07-29, 02:42 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

The messages on the menus don't bother me one bit, as they don't affect the show at all. Screener vids are done that way (and on the movie itself I believe) because the show will be officially released in a few months, so I understand that. The official releases are then perfectly legal to resell.

A few DVDs have been seeded with scrolling text on the show footage, though. In my opinion (and it's just too bad that some people have to hear about an opinion from someone they consider a peon or serf) the shows should be released free from this type of thing, or if someone is so dismayed that the show might be sold, not released at all. It's partially destroying a piece of art (oh shit just like mp3) for the sake of theoretically preventing a negative aspect that sometimes goes along with the hobby. Now it's been shown that they don't work all the time even when used on an easily removed menu. btw, it was incorrect to say that the only thing I can do is author a DVD without a scrolling message on a show. I can also voice my opinion as a music fan and as a citizen with first amendment rights, motherfucker.

Last edited by roomful; 2008-07-29 at 02:48 AM.
  #27  
Old 2008-07-29, 04:46 AM
KoolKat's Avatar
KoolKat KoolKat is offline
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On A Shelf Near You
Re: people who sell shows....

Five said
Quote:
sure you authored some dvds and changed the audio, roomful, just like I play guitar better than Jimi Hendrix except I'm very shy and only do it when I'm alone in the house
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Roomful said
Quote:
The official releases are then perfectly legal to resell.
Wrong.By law once you have bought media.You cannot re-sell.Same with VHS's etc.All should say somewhere.
Although everyone does at second hand sales when they don't want them anymore/have no need for them anymore ,on a legal step ,once bought you are breaking the law re-selling.

The logos are on film screeners because they are given free to people to review, for TV shows and newspapers etc.(promotion purposes).They are still the property of the movie company.
It doesn't have a copyright until it's a general release of fixed work ,be it cinema or shop sale.

So i'm with Five..
Quote:
the more you talk your nonsense
K_K
  #28  
Old 2008-07-29, 05:22 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
Wrong.By law once you have bought media.You cannot re-sell.Same with VHS's etc.All should say somewhere.
I don't know what the law is in the UK, but on US media (have an official DVD right in front of me) the notices are for unauthorized reproduction (copies) and sales of copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
Although everyone does at second hand sales when they don't want them anymore/have no need for them anymore ,on a legal step ,once bought you are breaking the law re-selling.
Really, all those indie record shops (and ebay) that buy/sell/trade all kinds of used official vinyl, CDs, and DVDs are illegal, but the law is somehow never enforced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
The logos are on film screeners because they are given free to people to review, for TV shows and newspapers etc.(promotion purposes).They are still the property of the movie company.
It doesn't have a copyright until it's a general release of fixed work ,be it cinema or shop sale.
Uh huh, and they also put the logos there so that a pristine version doesn't get bootlegged before the official DVD comes out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
So i'm with Five..

K_K
So what?
  #29  
Old 2008-07-29, 05:35 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
sure you authored some dvds and changed the audio, roomful, just like I play guitar better than Jimi Hendrix except I'm very shy and only do it when I'm alone in the house
why do these always turn into who can play better, how many shows have you taped, what have you authored, who have you taped. The issue of purchasing and selling bootlegs or embedded text for prevention of sales has fuck all to do with who's johnson is bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
the more you talk your nonsense the more it makes ppl want to add those messages
Like this?

DO NOT BUY OR SELL, FOR FREE TRADE ONLY.........AND FUCK YOU ROOMFUL I'LL PUT WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT ON A DVD, I PUT THIS HERE JUST FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU SUCK EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THOUSANDS WILL DOWNLOAD IT
  #30  
Old 2008-07-29, 05:52 AM
roomful
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: people who sell shows....

I had my eye on a Spider Man #1 but now I can't buy it.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts