The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble
 

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #571  
Old 2013-10-04, 10:07 PM
vladsmythe's Avatar
vladsmythe vladsmythe is offline
TTD VIP
10.97 TB/4.70 TB/0.43
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey234 View Post
I checked it the last time it was down, and I checked it this time too.
http://www.hungercity.org is not down, and has not been down at all, at least not in 2013!!!!
All these links can confirm it:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hungercity.org returns: It's just you. http://hungercity.org is up.
http://www.websitedown.info/hungercity.org.html returns: hungercity.org.html is up
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?...hungercity.org returns: It is just you, hungercity.org appears to be Online!
http://isitdown.us/hungercity.org.html returns: http://hungercity.org.html is not down
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hungercity.org.html returns: Hungercity.org is UP and reachable.
http://www.websitenotworking.com/hungercity.org returns: hungercity.org is working
http://www.whyismywebsitedown.com/www.hungercity.org returns: Your website seems to be up and running!
http://isitdown.us/www.hungercity.org returns: http://www.hungercity.org is not down
http://is-it-down.com/www.hungercity.org returns: www.hungercity.org seems up !
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungerci...y-for-everyone returns: www.Hungercity.org is up!
http://issitedownnow.com/hungercity.org you have to check this to see all the status results

http://www.hungercity.org/torrents.php is redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/las...l/torrents.php
http://www.hungercity.org/ redirected is to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html

If you want to know how to redirect a URL,3xx - Redirection read the following:
http://www.wikihow.com/Redirect-a-URL
http://www.websitepulse.com/kb/3xx_h...tus_codes.html
Or read "How to modify your .htaccess file" here:
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/las...l/torrents.php
I think this is useful fodder for the HC social group. When HC comes back online I will upload this video.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...23#post1939223 ....in 2015....
__________________
"Anyone that likes Bob Wills' music is bound to have some good in them."

Last edited by vladsmythe; 2013-10-04 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #572  
Old 2013-10-04, 10:51 PM
Bugs
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

I'm a little worried that HungerCity's fearless leader didn't post an update today.

Do you guys think that we should be worried?

I'd better send more money.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #573  
Old 2013-10-04, 11:56 PM
vladsmythe's Avatar
vladsmythe vladsmythe is offline
TTD VIP
10.97 TB/4.70 TB/0.43
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

I'm not worried. I'm more concerned if I need to bring a portable HD to Portland next week. Dime is flooded with Dylan videos for a few weeks now. So much world to see, so many Dylan shows to grab.
__________________
"Anyone that likes Bob Wills' music is bound to have some good in them."
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #574  
Old 2013-10-05, 01:29 AM
Eriksnow Eriksnow is offline
Eriksnow
1.06 GB/1.54 GB/1.46
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Norway
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
DinoTunes wasn't prohibited to the best of my knowledge. I think he may have run out of content. Don't really know.
Dino was banned for

- making double accounts
- being incredible rude via PMs to a staff member (which was me). I even sent copies of the PM-exchange to other staff members so they could have a look at it too
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #575  
Old 2013-10-05, 01:30 AM
Eriksnow Eriksnow is offline
Eriksnow
1.06 GB/1.54 GB/1.46
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Norway
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Thanks everybody for your nice words about HC staff.
It's been great to read this TTD forum thread.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #576  
Old 2013-10-05, 05:05 AM
RamesesII's Avatar
RamesesII RamesesII is offline
311.16 GB/932.57 GB/3.00
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey234 View Post
I checked it the last time it was down, and I checked it this time too.
http://www.hungercity.org is not down, and has not been down at all, at least not in 2013!!!!
All these links can confirm it:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hungercity.org returns: It's just you. http://hungercity.org is up.
http://www.websitedown.info/hungercity.org.html returns: hungercity.org.html is up
http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?...hungercity.org returns: It is just you, hungercity.org appears to be Online!
http://isitdown.us/hungercity.org.html returns: http://hungercity.org.html is not down
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/hungercity.org.html returns: Hungercity.org is UP and reachable.
http://www.websitenotworking.com/hungercity.org returns: hungercity.org is working
http://www.whyismywebsitedown.com/www.hungercity.org returns: Your website seems to be up and running!
http://isitdown.us/www.hungercity.org returns: http://www.hungercity.org is not down
http://is-it-down.com/www.hungercity.org returns: www.hungercity.org seems up !
http://downforme.org/is-www.hungerci...y-for-everyone returns: www.Hungercity.org is up!
http://issitedownnow.com/hungercity.org you have to check this to see all the status results

http://www.hungercity.org/torrents.php is redirected to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/las...l/torrents.php
http://www.hungercity.org/ redirected is to http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/lastchance.html

If you want to know how to redirect a URL,3xx - Redirection read the following:
http://www.wikihow.com/Redirect-a-URL
http://www.websitepulse.com/kb/3xx_h...tus_codes.html
Or read "How to modify your .htaccess file" here:
http://thehcforum.com/hungercity/las...l/torrents.php
Thanks very much shakey234. Wonder if he has a "partner in crime" as I doubt whether he has the brains to do this all by himself.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #577  
Old 2013-10-05, 06:44 AM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

since it is incredibly badly executed, I'd say he didn't need any help to accomplish that
__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #578  
Old 2013-10-05, 07:08 AM
RamesesII's Avatar
RamesesII RamesesII is offline
311.16 GB/932.57 GB/3.00
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

He still has at least one friend. Posted in the HC Forum this morning


Re: Hunger City Status - The Truth Unveiled

Postby bomba » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 am
Nah, ShaReeF no scammer.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #579  
Old 2013-10-05, 10:27 AM
AAR.oner's Avatar
AAR.oner AAR.oner is offline
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Appalachia
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriksnow View Post
Thanks everybody for your nice words about HC staff.
It's been great to read this TTD forum thread.
and thank you for joining us here at TTD, welcome

i was never a member at HC, not my kinda music...unless i missed you u/ling black metal shows from your native country
__________________
TTD's Gear Lust Forum -- info & reviews on taping gear
The Basics of EQing
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #580  
Old 2013-10-05, 10:29 AM
AAR.oner's Avatar
AAR.oner AAR.oner is offline
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Appalachia
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post

A testament to the staff, and some other collective community, or most likely both, that makes this place sustain. Cheers.
we sustain thanks to a constant supply of viagra
__________________
TTD's Gear Lust Forum -- info & reviews on taping gear
The Basics of EQing
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #581  
Old 2013-10-05, 10:36 AM
paddington's Avatar
paddington paddington is offline
please look after this bear
TTD Staff
83.17 GB/882.10 GB/10.61
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

TODAY IS 5TH OCTOBER.

IM SURE THE SITE NOW BEING MOVED TO THE MORE AFFORDABLE TRACKER SO THESE THINGS NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL NOVEMBER.
__________________
"There are some of these recordings where it is just a whirring, and you cannot hear the music. " - Jimmy Page, 2007 / JUL / 26
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #582  
Old 2013-10-05, 01:08 PM
Vergeltungswaffe's Avatar
Vergeltungswaffe Vergeltungswaffe is offline
Powered by Peenemünde
0.00 KB/18.94 GB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Any hints on how to grab their odds n ends, for free?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #583  
Old 2013-10-05, 01:24 PM
Eriksnow Eriksnow is offline
Eriksnow
1.06 GB/1.54 GB/1.46
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Norway
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
and thank you for joining us here at TTD, welcome

i was never a member at HC, not my kinda music...unless i missed you u/ling black metal shows from your native country
Sorry for not sharing ! I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge about that kind of music.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #584  
Old 2013-10-05, 02:28 PM
RamesesII's Avatar
RamesesII RamesesII is offline
311.16 GB/932.57 GB/3.00
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Here is part of Mr Bustani's latest shouting announcement in the usual garish colour scheme which fortunately copying and pasting leaves on the original page. I left most of it out as you've already seen it umpteen times before

HUNGERCITY UPDATE 5TH OCTOBER, 2013 (2:00PM EST)

DURING THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE WORKING TO MAKE THE BOX READY TO GO LIVE ON MONDAY. ALL HUNGERCITY FILES & DATABASES ARE INTACT AND WILL BE READY FOR USE ON THE NEW SERVER.

WE STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OCTOBER SERVER BILL. DONATION TO COVER THE OCTOBER PERIOD WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. PLEASE SEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

What I don't understand is - if the tracker was shut down because the October bill could not be met how is he able to bring it back if the October bill still hasn't been met - or indeed paid?

As the nuns used to explain when we asked questions during catechism classes "It's a mystery".

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #585  
Old 2013-10-05, 02:34 PM
jmanproductions's Avatar
jmanproductions jmanproductions is offline
King of Clowns
3.39 TB/4.18 TB/1.23
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfarf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
$600 a month for server costs? Even when we had two servers and an outside backup site, we were running on less than $400 a month. When things got tough, I cut the backup (after having our host verify the status of the disks on the other server for me to do the backup on instead). We are now running on a more powerful server than before (with RAID 10 and 8 GB RAM) and paying less than for those two servers. Are they operating in the US? If so, I really think they should contact our host, QuickPacket, and ask about hosting there. We've been with QuickPacket since we started and they have always been good to us.
Here's the post from lynne that I was referrencing, so folks can find it easier.
Yes, I brought this up several years ago (right before I quit my admin job at HC).
__________________
"Long live Bob Dylan" - Sly Dunbar
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
trouble in hungercity - fabtrick Technobabble 64 2008-12-29 08:22 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts