The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-10-10, 11:23 AM
TTD Staff
186.65 GB/588.32 GB/3.15

Re: There's got to be a better way -- Inactive torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe75
I still dont this is an issue at all or that we need to change it...It's not time consuming or hard to reseed something.
I agree... also, you get a lot more interest in a reseed by copying the info and re-launching the torrent in a new thread. BT is at its best when seeders are uploading to multiple ppl, and when shows get very old it is often one seeder uploading to one or two ppl only, then if the lone seeder jumps then those ppl who had a very slow download to begin with are stranded. Its like being on the highway in a big traffic jam, moving forward 5 feet every 10 minutes (which everybody hates).

It is also very depressing for me looking at a site like this with 90% of the shows having three or less people and/or no seeds.

Modern social theory casts a highly skeptical eye on any declaration that a group of persons is without conflict, and insists, on the contrary, that conflict is natural to groups, and even more, is essential to them. -Patrick Henry
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-10, 12:16 PM
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.

Old 2006-10-10, 11:35 PM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
I agree... also, you get a lot more interest in a reseed by copying the info and re-launching the torrent in a new thread. BT is at its best when seeders are uploading to multiple ppl, and when shows get very old it is often one seeder uploading to one or two ppl only, then if the lone seeder jumps then those ppl who had a very slow download to begin with are stranded. Its like being on the highway in a big traffic jam, moving forward 5 feet every 10 minutes (which everybody hates).

It is also very depressing for me looking at a site like this with 90% of the shows having three or less people and/or no seeds.
its really not hard to understand where this came from when you consider the source of who started the thread
Old 2006-10-11, 07:58 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe75
I still dont this is an issue at all or that we need to change it...It's not time consuming or hard to reseed something.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-10-11, 12:07 PM
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37

I was thinking about this idea of moving the torrent/thread back and forth from Active to Inactive and one problem I am thinking of is that sometimes setlists get updated in the thread, or additional information is passed on in the thread and then people go and update their text files prior to archiving the show. If the torrent/thread just gets passed back-and-forth between active and inactive, then a new, updated text file will never get torrented with it. Same thing with video bitrate/codec info. Very often we have to ask for this info after they have posted the show, so that info is never in the text file. However, when people archive the show, very often they update the text file with this information so they have it later. If they show just gets torrented as is, then once again, the new, updated text file won't get torrented with it.

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Old 2006-10-11, 03:21 PM
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.

Yep...several shows i've seeded, had no or an incomplete setlist...before burning my Data back-up, i updated the text doc to have all the info & coverart if someone had posted any...i reiterate, i dont like this idea, nor think it necessary...besides, all the shows on the old tracker, would still have to be 'reseeded' to get them onto the new tracker and won't this be the same issue at some point in the future whenever we get to the point that you have to add another one?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions