The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions
 

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #271  
Old 2008-04-21, 07:17 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAvis View Post
bradmf

Downloaded: 1.01 TB Uploaded: 37.31 GB Ratio: 0.04
That seems impossible. It must be an error, not his true ratio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAvis View Post
Could be, but I know he jumped off as soon as he finished d/ling a couple of my recent torrents. So even if that is a mistake, he is still an uberleecher who I think is deserving of this thread.
I think it is more amazing than impossible. I have seen people download before and upload next to nothing. They must cap their upload at 1 kb/s... max. Why they would do this, I don't know, but I really have seen some users get these sort of ratios on torrents and then I look at their profile and see it isn't just my torrent, but everyone's torrent that they do so poorly on. I just give their screen profile the evil eye and say "karma, dude, karma."
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #272  
Old 2008-04-21, 07:18 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---
 
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=153463

Join Date: 02-02-07

Posts Total Posts: 9 (0.02 posts per day) Find all posts by bradmf Find all threads started by bradmf Downloaded: 1.02 TB Uploaded: 37.47 GB Ratio: 0.04




I just find it hard to believe that someone can download 1000 GB in a little more than a year and only give back 40 GB.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #273  
Old 2008-04-21, 07:24 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular View Post
I just find it hard to believe that someone can download 1000 GB in a little more than a year and only give back 40 GB.
I think it takes effort to have that poor of a ratio. You cannot just naturally make it that poor. You have to cap your upload, and have your client set to disconnect as soon as you finish the download, otherwise you would have a much better ratio.
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #274  
Old 2008-04-21, 07:57 PM
Jetrell69 Jetrell69 is offline
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The States
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Definitely one for the "list".....lmao!!!

Why people like this are even allowed to stay on a tracker are beyond me.....they do nothing short of serving ONLY themselves....probably burning the discs and selling them at trade shows or on a crappy website.

Wanker is TOO good of a word for that one.
__________________
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world, it's just a lie I have to rise above.......
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #275  
Old 2008-04-21, 08:07 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrell69 View Post
Definitely one for the "list".....lmao!!!

Why people like this are even allowed to stay on a tracker are beyond me.....they do nothing short of serving ONLY themselves....probably burning the discs and selling them at trade shows or on a crappy website.

Wanker is TOO good of a word for that one.
The problem is that it is very difficult to get rid of them. If I ban them, they just sign up under another name. If I IP ban them, they simply click a button to get a new IP (that's all I have to do) or come in through a proxy. I figure it's better for us all to see the stats on him. Which is worse, a guy with 1 GB downloaded and 40 MB uploaded or the guy with 100 GB downloaded and 4 GB uploaded? I know that makes a difference to how I see someone's ratio.
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #276  
Old 2008-04-21, 09:57 PM
Jetrell69 Jetrell69 is offline
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The States
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
The problem is that it is very difficult to get rid of them. If I ban them, they just sign up under another name. If I IP ban them, they simply click a button to get a new IP (that's all I have to do) or come in through a proxy. I figure it's better for us all to see the stats on him. Which is worse, a guy with 1 GB downloaded and 40 MB uploaded or the guy with 100 GB downloaded and 4 GB uploaded? I know that makes a difference to how I see someone's ratio.
Point well taken.....I guess at least I said what I said so if they decide to come visit this thread "just to see" then they will know people here DO notice their lack of manners.

__________________
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world, it's just a lie I have to rise above.......
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #277  
Old 2008-04-23, 09:46 PM
skip's Avatar
skip skip is offline
6.61 GB/24.29 GB/3.67
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I think it is more amazing than impossible. I have seen people download before and upload next to nothing. They must cap their upload at 1 kb/s... max. Why they would do this, I don't know, but I really have seen some users get these sort of ratios on torrents and then I look at their profile and see it isn't just my torrent, but everyone's torrent that they do so poorly on. I just give their screen profile the evil eye and say "karma, dude, karma."
You should ban them
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
looking good Sarah..
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #278  
Old 2008-04-24, 08:54 AM
uninvited94's Avatar
uninvited94 uninvited94 is offline
alive in the superunknown
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.31 TB/7.41 TB/3.21
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nine Churches, Germany
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular View Post
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=153463

Join Date: 02-02-07

Posts Total Posts: 9 (0.02 posts per day) Find all posts by bradmf Find all threads started by bradmf Downloaded: 1.02 TB Uploaded: 37.47 GB Ratio: 0.04




I just find it hard to believe that someone can download 1000 GB in a little more than a year and only give back 40 GB.
"bradmf"?!? I suppose his nameŽs "Brad Motherfuxxer". When heŽd sell his downloads on Ebay or in a store, heŽd be the real king of this thread.
__________________

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."


(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--


Looking for any


Kaki King and Team Dresch

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #279  
Old 2008-05-01, 09:12 PM
mooncusser's Avatar
mooncusser mooncusser is offline
bright ambassador of morning
483.61 GB/1.07 TB/2.27
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: near a man-made island
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

geco123
Downloaded: 1.26 TB Uploaded: 80.66 GB Ratio: 0.06
Join Date: 08-17-05
Posts
Total Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=55695

How is that possible unless you deliberately set your client to severely limit your upload speeds?

Not to mention the fact that he hasn't given a single thank you for anything he's grabbed.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #280  
Old 2008-05-02, 11:23 AM
lounge_act's Avatar
lounge_act lounge_act is offline
54.13 GB/54.75 GB/1.01
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Costa Rica
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

wow. what a jerk. really. bad karma to him.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #281  
Old 2008-05-02, 08:02 PM
schmoe75's Avatar
schmoe75 schmoe75 is offline
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

testr1234
(121.26 GB/24.56 GB/0.20)
__________________
While we were all dancing these people were working & now freely sharing - Ray
We dont play black, we dont play white, we just play what we know & feel - Miles
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #282  
Old 2008-05-02, 10:29 PM
schmoe75's Avatar
schmoe75 schmoe75 is offline
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

live2cd
(85.96 GB/23.79 GB/0.28)
__________________
While we were all dancing these people were working & now freely sharing - Ray
We dont play black, we dont play white, we just play what we know & feel - Miles
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #283  
Old 2008-05-03, 06:09 AM
drjohnny's Avatar
drjohnny drjohnny is offline
938.44 GB/1.31 TB/1.43
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

xir
Join Date: 01-18-08
Posts
Total Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)
Find all posts by xir
Find all threads started by xir
Downloaded: 109.78 GB Uploaded: 8.12 GB Ratio: 0.07
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #284  
Old 2008-05-06, 08:07 AM
schmoe75's Avatar
schmoe75 schmoe75 is offline
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

lostblues
(255.48 GB/37.71 GB/0.15)
__________________
While we were all dancing these people were working & now freely sharing - Ray
We dont play black, we dont play white, we just play what we know & feel - Miles
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #285  
Old 2008-05-13, 02:58 PM
LeifH12345's Avatar
LeifH12345 LeifH12345 is offline
381.81 GB/1.67 TB/4.48
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP
Downloaded: 5.82 GB Uploaded: 367.58 MB Ratio: 0.06

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers

Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
i'm new also, kayzukie put me to shame - ptimkey Snail Mail Trading 2 2008-10-02 08:03 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts