The Traders' Den  

  The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions
 

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 2006-06-30, 09:23 PM
sb76854's Avatar
sb76854 sb76854 is offline
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: POT
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

I have not read the entire thread but my take on share ratio's is, (not that anyone cares ) You share ratio is an extention of your own personal character.

Your either a giver or a taker


Peace
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #92  
Old 2006-06-30, 09:44 PM
schmoe75's Avatar
schmoe75 schmoe75 is offline
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb76854
Your either a giver or a taker
what it all boils down to in the end
__________________
While we were all dancing these people were working & now freely sharing - Ray
We dont play black, we dont play white, we just play what we know & feel - Miles
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #93  
Old 2006-06-30, 10:29 PM
sb76854's Avatar
sb76854 sb76854 is offline
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: POT
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb76854
I have not read the entire thread but my take on share ratio's is, (not that anyone cares ) You share ratio is an extention of your own personal character.

Your either a giver or a taker


Peace

Your
share ratio is an extention of your own personal character.



Man this Romulan is kickass!!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #94  
Old 2006-06-30, 10:58 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

In case you guys didn't notice, you can now see if people do Vines or B&Ps when you look at their profile. I think sharing via Vines or B&Ps is just as important as a Share Ratio. (My opinion, of course.)
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #95  
Old 2006-06-30, 11:13 PM
schmoe75's Avatar
schmoe75 schmoe75 is offline
VBT Mod
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.57 TB/Inf.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

I agree Lynne...and thats a great thing about this site, thru various means, 1 has the option to find out/see the kind of individual they may be interacting with and draw their own conclusion
__________________
While we were all dancing these people were working & now freely sharing - Ray
We dont play black, we dont play white, we just play what we know & feel - Miles
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #96  
Old 2006-06-30, 11:33 PM
sb76854's Avatar
sb76854 sb76854 is offline
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: POT
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Good point Lynn

Enjoy your vacation. I leave tommorow for a little rest and relaxation
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #97  
Old 2006-06-30, 11:43 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb76854
Good point Lynn

Enjoy your vacation. I leave tommorow for a little rest and relaxation
Have a good time. My idea of a vacation is sun and water. We did it for a few days and came back today, and we take off tomorrow for several more days. My kids gave me funny looks as I sprayed them with sunscreen several times the last couple days. They'll thank me by Thursday.
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #98  
Old 2006-06-30, 11:45 PM
U2Lynne's Avatar
U2Lynne U2Lynne is offline
TTD Staff
471.57 GB/2.01 TB/4.37
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe75
I agree Lynne...and thats a great thing about this site, thru various means, 1 has the option to find out/see the kind of individual they may be interacting with and draw their own conclusion
I miss you, where have you been!
__________________
Five's Checksums Demystified - everything and anything you want to know about checksums
On a Mac? Get XLD to rip your CDs. Please see this guide - X Lossless Decoder (XLD): How to create flawless CD rips on Mac OS X

TTD GoFundMe Campaign

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #99  
Old 2006-07-14, 09:08 PM
puunjab puunjab is offline
1.32 TB/684.56 GB/0.50
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb76854
I have not read the entire thread but my take on share ratio's is, (not that anyone cares ) You share ratio is an extention of your own personal character.

Your either a giver or a taker
Peace
Fuck you you condescending prick. When your ISP shuts you off twice for uploading too much you have to throttle back. I was a perfect 1 on Dime for over a year until Cox Cable shut me off. I didn't get the message to stop because I didn't use that email. In addition their front line tech didn't even know they shut me off. We spent an hour troubleshooting before it escalated to the next level. At that point they told me they shut me off.

They also told me they could care less about how much I download. I will continue to download as much as I can and I won't feel guiloty about it at all. When cox stops bitching me out and shutting me off I will upload an exact 1.0.

Until then fuck all you self righteous bastards. There is one big flaw in all of your arguments. Even if I upload nothing and download the complete show I haven't prevented anyone else from getting it. If the others are sharing I'm bumped to low man on their torrent peer list. There is no way I'll get it and somehow have stolen their bandwidth so they can't. I might not be helping new users get it when I get off, but I can't.

This "whole your stealing if your not 1.0" is bullshit. Until they enforce a ratio you haven't violated one damn thing.

I've got a Buckethead DVD and then a major Tea Leaf Green project coming. I firmly intend to put a dislaimer in the torrents that anyone who has ever bitched about ratios shouldn't download either one. If you do then your disregarding my wishes and stealing from me. Take it somewhere where ratios are enforced or shut the fuck up.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #100  
Old 2006-07-15, 12:05 AM
Silver Stallion DVDs's Avatar
Silver Stallion DVDs Silver Stallion DVDs is offline
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
380.52 GB/18.27 TB/49.16
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: peering into the hidden lens...
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puunjab
I've got a Buckethead DVD and then a major Tea Leaf Green project coming. I firmly intend to put a dislaimer in the torrents that anyone who has ever bitched about ratios shouldn't download either one. If you do then your disregarding my wishes and stealing from me. Take it somewhere where ratios are enforced or shut the fuck up.

If you're really concerned about thieves, you could do a search for "share ratio" and find the majority of people who bitch about this subject - and then when those IDs pop up in the peer list, you could set your bittorrent client so that they are denied from being able to download from you. Not all clients allow you to do this, but many do. Just do some experimenting with your bittorrent client to find out how to do it (assuming it's possible with the client that you use).

This will shut 'em the fuck up!

BTW - is the Buckethead from the current tour? I'm trying to find video of a show he did in Michigan. I know it's out there because my little bro saw a couple of video cameras in the audience.

Randy
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #101  
Old 2006-07-15, 12:51 AM
xequence's Avatar
xequence xequence is offline
34.48 GB/65.23 GB/1.89
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
If you're really concerned about thieves, you could do a search for "share ratio" and find the majority of people who bitch about this subject - and then when those IDs pop up in the peer list, you could set your bittorrent client so that they are denied from being able to download from you. Not all clients allow you to do this, but many do. Just do some experimenting with your bittorrent client to find out how to do it (assuming it's possible with the client that you use).
Telling someone how to not seed to people who care about share ratios isnt a good idea, in my opinion.

Though telling people how to not seed to Bitcomet users is a good idea
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #102  
Old 2006-07-15, 02:12 AM
Silver Stallion DVDs's Avatar
Silver Stallion DVDs Silver Stallion DVDs is offline
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
380.52 GB/18.27 TB/49.16
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: peering into the hidden lens...
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xequence
Telling someone how to not seed to people who care about share ratios isnt a good idea, in my opinion.
I guess you just don't know my sense of humor
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #103  
Old 2006-07-15, 01:27 PM
xequence's Avatar
xequence xequence is offline
34.48 GB/65.23 GB/1.89
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
I guess you just don't know my sense of humor
Ive always been bad at knowing when someone is joking on the internet, sorry :P
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #104  
Old 2006-07-15, 07:30 PM
A New Face In Hell's Avatar
A New Face In Hell A New Face In Hell is offline
56.08 GB/75.80 GB/1.35
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Not wanting to get involved in a floomin' flame fer me second post... but due to various port/ firewall difficulties I have never been a seed or a leech, here or on Dime, or elsewhere, yet I have 800 or so gigs fer trade. They've all been done in the old fashioned way of trading, a few masters amongst em. And the fact that my so-called ratio (-of what???) is- and will continue to be- a fat ZERO makes me a bad trader

Hopefully I've misunderstood this thread
__________________
Wireless enthusiast intercepts local government broadcast and uncovers secrets and scandals of deceitful type proportions....
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
  #105  
Old 2006-07-18, 03:35 PM
sb76854's Avatar
sb76854 sb76854 is offline
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: POT
Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puunjab
Fuck you you condescending prick. When your ISP shuts you off twice for uploading too much you have to throttle back. I was a perfect 1 on Dime for over a year until Cox Cable shut me off. I didn't get the message to stop because I didn't use that email. In addition their front line tech didn't even know they shut me off. We spent an hour troubleshooting before it escalated to the next level. At that point they told me they shut me off.

They also told me they could care less about how much I download. I will continue to download as much as I can and I won't feel guiloty about it at all. When cox stops bitching me out and shutting me off I will upload an exact 1.0.

Until then fuck all you self righteous bastards. There is one big flaw in all of your arguments. Even if I upload nothing and download the complete show I haven't prevented anyone else from getting it. If the others are sharing I'm bumped to low man on their torrent peer list. There is no way I'll get it and somehow have stolen their bandwidth so they can't. I might not be helping new users get it when I get off, but I can't.

This "whole your stealing if your not 1.0" is bullshit. Until they enforce a ratio you haven't violated one damn thing.

I've got a Buckethead DVD and then a major Tea Leaf Green project coming. I firmly intend to put a dislaimer in the torrents that anyone who has ever bitched about ratios shouldn't download either one. If you do then your disregarding my wishes and stealing from me. Take it somewhere where ratios are enforced or shut the fuck up.



Tell us how you really feel
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Reply

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forums


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - , TheTradersDen.org - All Rights Reserved - Hosted at QuickPacket
no new posts