The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-04-21, 11:01 AM
You're never too old to Rock
1.30 TB/1.06 TB/0.81

Burning DVD torrents to DVD

I am not having any success transfering whats on my HDD to DVD with the software provided with my new computer. Any sugestions on software?
Old 2008-04-21, 11:16 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: Burning DVD torrents to DVD

hey amazing. here is a decent howto.
honestly you can just copy over the Video_TS, Audio_TS & Extra_TS folder and burn.
you dont really *need* any software - and that can be confusing too.

but if you wish to use software - which do you wish to use ?

Last edited by direwolf-pgh; 2008-04-21 at 11:22 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-04-21, 03:15 PM
You're never too old to Rock
1.30 TB/1.06 TB/0.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
hey amazing. here is a decent howto.
honestly you can just copy over the Video_TS, Audio_TS & Extra_TS folder and burn.
you dont really *need* any software - and that can be confusing too.

but if you wish to use software - which do you wish to use ?
I've been told I need DVD authoring software like NERO VISION, none of these Video_TS files are showing up when I want to burn a torrent to DVD. I am running Windows Vista home edition
Old 2008-04-21, 05:00 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

all videos here are standard format - ready to burn

see the software faqs for freeware download links - ONES & Nero are the two popular burning progs for windows (not freeware)
Old 2008-04-21, 05:03 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Wolf is correct. You do NOT need video authoring software such as Nero Vision. That is used to author the menus for a DVD. The downloads here are required to be ready to burn. Nero Vision will not be needed and would actually re-render and reduce the quality of what you downloaded here in addition to potentially loosing the nice menus people have made.
Old 2008-04-21, 06:15 PM
93.01 GB/90.94 GB/0.98

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...hlight=newbies
Old 2008-04-21, 07:58 PM
54.13 GB/54.75 GB/1.01

there has to be a VIDEO_TS folder if you got it from here. actually every tracker should be like that.

i use ONES to burn. it even has an option that says "write video_ts"

you do not need any authoring app
Old 2008-07-19, 02:29 AM
37.99 GB/73.85 GB/1.94

I think I know where the original starter of this thread is coming from.

I had been using Nero express together with DVD shrink (free for Windows XP uses and lower) to burn video_ts folder from this and other sites. I used the DVD shrink because I did not know how to get Nero express to burn the video_ts folder without using the DVD shrink program. When I read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lounge_act
there has to be a VIDEO_TS folder if you got it from here. actually every tracker should be like that.

i use ONES to burn. it even has an option that says "write video_ts"

you do not need any authoring app
I tried the ONES trial version and it worked fine. I did this because when I downloaded from another tracker site a video_ts folder and try to burn it using DVD shrink and Nero's express it didn't work. DVD shrink gave me an error because it could not find a file it expected.

So my question is now, when you say ONES or Nero, does Nero mean Nero express. In the past I haven't gotten Nero express to burn a video_ts folder. So is this possible with Nero's express. Or could I use Nero's express with something else free besides the DVD shrink and burn successfully when DVD shrink gives me an error of not finding a file it expects. The ONES trial version seem to work totally giving me a functional menu and all the DVD features you would expect.
Old 2008-07-19, 06:36 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

use Nero Burning ROM:

--select "DVD-Video" as the project type
--drag all of the files from the show's VIDEO_TS folder [.ifo, .bup, .vob] to the VIDEO_TS folder in the project window
--create a folder called EXTRAS_TS and put all of the info txt, md5, artwork files
--burn
Old 2008-07-19, 10:04 AM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmiller View Post
So my question is now, when you say ONES or Nero, does Nero mean Nero express. In the past I haven't gotten Nero express to burn a video_ts folder. So is this possible with Nero's express. Or could I use Nero's express with something else free besides the DVD shrink and burn successfully when DVD shrink gives me an error of not finding a file it expects. The ONES trial version seem to work totally giving me a functional menu and all the DVD features you would expect.
It is possible to burn a video_ts folder with Nero Express. Simply select "DVD-Video Files" from the menu and then copy the contents from the video_ts folder on your hard drive. Note: I'm talking about Nero Express and NOT "NeroVision Express". "NeroVision Express" will re-encode your video and remove menus and thus should never be used.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:26 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Nero shouldn't be used for anything, period
Old 2008-07-19, 10:47 AM
37.99 GB/73.85 GB/1.94

Sorry, but I did not take the time to see exactly what I had which was "Nero 7 Essentials" when I try to follow the instructions above with this program I got a warning that reallocation of files may make the burn unreadable. Consequently I did not go ahead and burn with "Nero 7 Essentials." I did find a freeware program called ImgBurn that did the job although it burned slower with an interface that was not quite as good as the ONES burning program I am the demoing.

I have another question too. A while ago I downloaded a DVD-9 video torrent from this site. Even my tried-and-true method of using both DVD shrink and "Nero 7 Essentials", which works on most video torrents, did not work when changing the options to burn on a DVD-9 rather then a DVD-5. I mean the software said it worked, but my DVD player could not see the second layer like it can when you purchase a commercial music video. So will burning directly the video_ts folder be the trick here. Do you need a particularly good burn program to do DVD-9? Incidentally my burner is advertised as being a dual layer burner.
Old 2008-07-19, 12:51 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

bbmiller <- use ImgBurn. Nero ignores layer break, if it set in ifo/bup files. ImgBurn will ask you where to make the break, and you can preview it. However, better result - really seamless layer break - can be set in PgcEdit but it can be hard for a novice.

Problem with file(s) reallocation is not important and you may always accept what Nero does. Nero corrects ifo/bup size and allocation which incorrectly written by an authoring program. Of course it causes that these files no longer match md5 hash.
Old 2008-07-19, 01:24 PM
4.80 GB/28.32 GB/5.90

Okay...I'm sorting through this thread and I'm not sure what's useful. So, I guess my first post will be a typically newbie one.

I have downloaded a DVD torrent from Dime, and in it I have IFO files, BUP files, and VOB files. They're called VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0, etc. I have just downloaded a program called InfraRecorder to try and see what I need to do to burn these files to a DVD-R before I drop money on blank ones and just mess it up anyway.

When I add all the files into the "Disc Layout" menu from the :Explorer View", there's a little meter at the bottom that goes from 0 bytes to 702 MB. When I have all the files under the explorer view, this fills up completely after only a few files. The torrent was confirmed to be a show that would only require one disc, so I'm a bit lost.

So in summation, what do I do to get the files onto the disc and retain the menus that are already in the files, while still only using the one disc as previously stated?

The link to the torrent is http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=204851 in case you need anymore information. (The reason I know it only requires one disc stems from a comment on the torrent itself and talking to the person who had the idea to combine the MTV version and unedited version to one disc)
Old 2008-07-19, 02:00 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

If the meter only goes to 702 MB you are dealing with a CD burning option not DVD

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble