The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-05-15, 10:18 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

I am either too tired or yeah I am too tired

Ok, this is probally a stupid question.

I have a show to upload, I am using bit torrent 4.21 dont tell me to use something else(yet) I have just gotten used to using it over at DIME. I wann a post it here cuz it was pulled over there, cuz another previous version was posted in January from a silver cd.

My version is different as it is not from the cd and from a generation from the original source(supposedly)

Anyway, i have the thing encoded to flac, I have fingerprint files, i have the md5 checksum files now too(Thanks Stillborn!) an I am still getting an error.

I am at my wits end trying to do this, i want to increase my ratio so i can continue to get some good music. But I'll be damned if I can get this worked out.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-15, 10:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: I am either too tired or yeah I am too tired

You are getting an error doing *what*? Did you make a torrent file? Have you tried to upload it to the site? If you tell us what the error is and what you were doing when you got the error, then we can probably help you out.

Old 2007-05-15, 10:47 PM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

USER ERROR of course.
Above all, recognize that everything you know is a flat-out lie or is only relatively true in certain restricted and unpleasant situations. ~ Robert Hunter
Old 2007-05-16, 10:42 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

im not offering any help.. just wanted to hang with the ladies in this thread
Old 2007-05-16, 10:58 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh

Old 2007-05-16, 04:27 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
whore
Old 2007-05-17, 04:17 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You are getting an error doing *what*? Did you make a torrent file? Have you tried to upload it to the site? If you tell us what the error is and what you were doing when you got the error, then we can probably help you out.
Yeah, i made a torrent, using Bit torrent 4.21, Same one that got denied at DIME, that I had listed here with an external link, but it got yanked so fast, prolly no one here even saw it.

Basically what happened is when I created it in Bit, it tells you to click "Make" so I do and it creates it rather fast. then when I try to seed it it says "error bad string" or something. I'm gonna try it again, and tell you exactly.
Old 2007-05-17, 04:35 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Ok, It clicked it it the TD window, from the hard drive, I dont see it here, and I also cant find the damn thing which is existing on my drive, but Bit Torrent keeps telling me to make a new one. damn I can't even get the error I got before. Who knows what the Hell I was doing??!!?? Frustrating as Phuck!
Old 2007-05-17, 04:37 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Ok, this is the error I got:

"Van Morrison" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string"

Again beats me. I gotta get my son to his band concert I'll try again later.
Old 2007-05-17, 04:45 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, if you put it in the External forum, then you won't be able to seed it. The External Torrent forum is to tell us about shows on *other* trackers. If you want to upload a show to this tracker, then you need to upload the show without selecting the External link and you need to attach the torrent to the upload. Then, don't forget to download the torrent from the thread to seed it because it gets personalized upon downloading.

Old 2007-05-17, 05:00 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Let me rephrase this last statement:"Yeah, i made a torrent, using Bit torrent 4.21, Same one that got denied at DIME, that I had listed here with an external link, but it got yanked so fast, prolly no one here even saw it."

What I meant there about the external linkl was this afforementioned torrent was listed at DIME, and I was telling people about. But, it was yanked. So I figured I'd reload it here instead.

But, I had deleted the file I ahd originally made for DIME not thinking I could redo it here. So I re-did the whole damn thing, so that it could be posted/uploaded here.

There error listed was from the Bit Torrent 4.21

Every time I try to start the torrent in Bit 4.21 it keeps asking me to make a new one, also everytime it appears to make one it is only taking one song.

I have no clue how I even got this Upped to DIME in the first place, but it was there, I swear on all that is HOLY! I had 30 leechers before it got yanked.

I gotta get Jake to Band Concert, or I'll be late.

Im sure this is something really stupid, I am still stuck in the Cassette world. This all very new to me
Old 2007-05-17, 05:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Don't worry, we'll help you out and you'll become an upload expert in no time.

These are the steps listed on the Upload Page:
Steps to Upload:
# Fill out information above
# Attach torrent file below

* Click on Upload Torrent button
* When window pops-up, Browse to torrent file
* Click on the Upload button
* After file is uploaded, click on Close This Window button

# Torrent file name will now appear in Attach Torrent box below
# Finally, hit the Submit New Thread button

I can see that you are getting the torrent uploaded to the tracker, however, you aren't finishing the process by hitting the Submit New Thread button. So, a thread is not getting created, and thus you don't get a page to download the personalized torrent from, and thus the error you are getting. So, next time you try to upload it, fill out the form, attach the torrent, but make sure your final step is to hit the Submit New Thread button on the main Upload Page.

Old 2007-05-30, 05:42 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Ok, this is ridiculous. (I am really starting to HATE TECHnology, or my inability to ASS-imilate as the BORG would say)

I want to start this shit from scratch. Do I need a different "client" for this to be any easier? When DIME let you use the newer forms of Bittorrent it was easier to understand. Now, you have to use this older version 4.21 (or older still)is either antiquated or not user friendly. or I am not user friendly. or both. All I wanna do is share this music I got sitting here without ripping my hair out(what little I got left I want to keep) and I got alot.

I can't imagine what its going to be like when I finally do understand this and I wanna convert my Old Bootleg Vinyl to put up here, not to mention my master recording of all the concerts I went to from like 1989 thru 2002(Thats over 800+tapes easy). I have lots of that.

So, yeah. This is frustrating from a tapers view. I can remember when Hi-Speed Dubbing was the New Technology(God Do I hate getting OLD!)
Old 2007-05-30, 06:27 PM
4.08 GB/2.91 GB/0.71

Ok, So I think I got it uploaded, but it isn't showing me seeding it? Whats that all about? Plus I started the re-download, and its not doing anything? I tested my "SpeedStream" and my Dl rate is 1094KBPS and my UL rate is 159 KBPS; more than adequate. I would think...
Old 2007-05-30, 07:01 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

All right, you got the hard part done.

Here's what you need to do now.
- Stop the torrent
- Remove the torrent file from bittorrent (probably a Red X that you hit)
- Go into your BitTorrent Preferences and uncheck the option to always save the files to the same download folder
- Now start up that torrent file again (the one you downloaded from here, make sure it isn't the original one you created)
- BitTorrent should ask where you want to save the files
- Point it to the Van Morrison folder that you pointed to when you make the torrent
- It should then go and verify your files and then go into Seed mode

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble