The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-12-20, 12:03 PM
1.00 TB/791.50 GB/0.77

My Upload Speed On TDD Went Bad

Hi,

I posted 5 shows this week and my upload speed to TDD is almost nonexistant.
On other sites my upload speed gets between 50-100 kib.
My Dl here is fine.
I noticed last night that it took over 2 hours for someone to be able to grab my link here and I still see on my end zero peers and on TDD audio page lots of leechers.
It was running fine since I signed up till now.

Any advice?
X
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-20, 12:53 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: My Upload Speed On TDD Went Bad

Hi!

you don't really upload to TTD.. it's just a tracker.. like a traffic cop. Less than that, really.

Your upload speed is entirely dependant on the peers you connect to, and if they can connect to you.

You are currently seeding 4 shows at once and the tracker shows that you are firewalled on the port you are using.

Funneling 4 shows through a single port that is firewalled will certainly keep people from being able to connect to you, this limiting the amount of data you'll put up.

I suggest you take a look at www.portfoward.com and see if you can get your port forwarded properly. You'll be amazed at the difference it'll make.]

Also, your BT client is pretty old... it doesn't make that much difference, but I think you might like uTorrent 1.7.x much better as it has a built in port forwarding quick-test button to give you a definate answer as whether your ports are properly forwarded, so people can connect to you and get data.
Old 2007-12-20, 01:55 PM
1.00 TB/791.50 GB/0.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
Hi!

you don't really upload to TTD.. it's just a tracker.. like a traffic cop. Less than that, really.

Your upload speed is entirely dependant on the peers you connect to, and if they can connect to you.

You are currently seeding 4 shows at once and the tracker shows that you are firewalled on the port you are using.

Funneling 4 shows through a single port that is firewalled will certainly keep people from being able to connect to you, this limiting the amount of data you'll put up.

I suggest you take a look at www.portfoward.com and see if you can get your port forwarded properly. You'll be amazed at the difference it'll make.]

Also, your BT client is pretty old... it doesn't make that much difference, but I think you might like uTorrent 1.7.x much better as it has a built in port forwarding quick-test button to give you a definate answer as whether your ports are properly forwarded, so people can connect to you and get data.
My speeds were good till this week.
I have always been able to post 3-4 shows with good speeds.
Peers can't even link on to me.

X
Old 2007-12-20, 02:43 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeots View Post
My speeds were good till this week.
I have always been able to post 3-4 shows with good speeds.
Peers can't even link on to me.

X
When noone is connecting to you, you may want to look at the Peers List and see if the other peers are firewalled or not. I know James brought this up already, but if you are firewalled, you may only connect to other users who are NOT firewalled. This can make a difference at times. Also, I'll re-emphasize what James said in that the tracker really has little to do with you once you start a torrent. All it does is keep track of your stats. Your bittorrent client is responsible for connecting you to other users.

Also, if you are uploading at other sites at the same time you are uploading to here, it could be that the other sites are 'stealing' all the upload speed. So, you may try capping the upload speed on the other torrents until your torrents here get going.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble