The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-28, 05:41 PM
13.27 GB/20.07 GB/1.51

Problem w Upload

Azureus gives as Tracker Status:
(invalid reply:d1:failure reason 22:Invalid passkey (0-)e)

Whats wrong? Thank you for helping.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-28, 06:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Problem w Upload

You need to make sure to download the torrent from the first post in the thread and then seed with that one. If you try to seed with the original torrent, you will get that error. If you already did this, just do it again since sometimes Azureus is like that. See this thread about it: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=42867

Old 2007-08-30, 05:08 PM
13.27 GB/20.07 GB/1.51

I retried for several times, no success
As a newcomer (and not very patiently against things which do not work as desired) I need a bit more specific help: what exactly do you mean by torrent - the file xyz.torrent or the folder which contains the data to be seeded.
How do I download the torrent from the first post in the thread (if its the folder), by creating a new torrent with the wizard?
I could not do this without deleting the earlier xyz.torrent file but the data folder is still in place.
Is it possible that I just closed the window of the wizard too early the first time and the xyz.torrent file which had been uploaded to the tracker was incomplete or different to the later ones?
What about installing another client instead of Azureus?
What happens to the already posted thread?
Old 2007-08-30, 06:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGOOGO
How do I download the torrent from the first post in the thread (if its the folder), by creating a new torrent with the wizard?
I could not do this without deleting the earlier xyz.torrent file but the data folder is still in place.
Is it possible that I just closed the window of the wizard too early the first time and the xyz.torrent file which had been uploaded to the tracker was incomplete or different to the later ones?
What about installing another client instead of Azureus?
Let me see if I can do a better job here.

- Stop the torrent in Azureus (select the show in the list, hit the red X)
- Remove the torrent from Azurues (select the show, hit the red box)
- Go to your thread and right above the Blue Bar in the first post is an attachment file called "ROLLING STONES 1995-03-12 EASTERN PROMISE.torrent". Click on it to download it. Save it somewhere on your drive and make note of where you saved it.
- Double-click it. Azureus will ask where to save the files. Tell it to save them in the Rolling Stones folder (the one you selected when you made your .torrent file)
- It should then go through and verify that you have all the files and then it should move the show to the bottom of the screen and go into seed mode
- If it doesn't go straight into seed mode, select the show from the list and right-click Force Start

I hope that better explains things. Sorry I didn't do a better job before. Holler if I still need to explain a step better.

Old 2007-08-31, 02:57 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGOOGO
"How do I [i]download ..."

When you uploaded the torrent file, and created the new thread for your torrent, you should have got a dialog box at the top of the thread reading ;

"YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED
This tracker is in members only mode.
You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.
Click HERE to get your personalized torrent."

At this point, click HERE

OR

Navigate away from this page, come back to 'Audio Torrents', open the thread created by you (which should be at the top of the audio torrents, since you just created it, and scroll down to the foot of the first post (yours) - there's a line just after the fingerprint text which has the torrent filename (in blue) - click this once, and you'll be prompted to save this
file to your PC. Save it to the location where you created the torrent file that you uploaded, and REPLACE THE ORIGINAL TORRENT FILE with the one you're saving from the thread. You're not changing the data folder at all, just the torrent file.

Then go to Azureus, and Open this new torrent file that you just downloaded.

Azureus makes sure all the files in your torrent data folder still correspond to the torrent file you just opened, then opens the torrent for seeding.

Does this help? (I assumed it was an audio torrent - go to 'video torrents' if this isn't the case!)

Regards, Graham

(Lynne, I'm just saying what you said in a different way; which is sometimes of help to a newbie )
Old 2007-08-31, 01:46 PM
13.27 GB/20.07 GB/1.51

Many thanks to both of you, experience matters! For me this creating-a-new-closed loop-to-close-the-old-closed loop-thing seems a bit ....unusual, anyhow it worked out fine (almost) and I will not ask more.

Just a remark (equivalent to at least 298 new gray hair, maybe more I did not finish counting yet): "- Double-click it. Azureus will ask where to save the files." In fact, when doubleclicking, Azureus tracks the data without asking directly into the default Azureus download path/folder (not necessarely the one I stored the upload in). I found only one way to manage: manually by clicking "Open Torrents" and then browse to the folder.

Thinking back, it possibly happened the same thing when following the dialog box "YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED
This tracker is in members only mode.
You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.
Click HERE to get your personalized torrent."

Next time I should try to use the same path for upload/download.

I took enough of your time now, again, Thank you.
Old 2007-09-03, 03:31 PM
aka MSTaper
165.57 GB/449.22 GB/2.71

Hey Lynne! I should have scanned the forum before asking this same question!
Your directions are great. My problem is solved and the show is seeding. Now if someone will just download it! Thanks again, Russ C.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble