The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-08-29, 05:32 PM
Ask and I shall seed
225.69 GB/234.79 GB/1.04

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

I'm assume they did. I told them i wanted nothing to do with their site and to delete my account as there was no option to do it myself, I deleted all the torrents I uploaded (as is my right to do so), and I went back and blanked out all my forum posts.

Such a shame as it is a nice looking site, but I just didn't trust much I downloaded there. People changing original archive files and re-distributing them, people seeding 50+ shows at a time who obviously don't have the bandwidth, getting a lot of criticism to my posts when I was only pointing out that some of the practices over there are typically frowned upon in the trading community. Not to mention torrents with commercially released content in them. 99% of what is over there comes from TTD or DaD anyway. To each their own....I don't want any part of it.

Last edited by Roshambo; 2006-08-29 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-29, 06:46 PM
167.93 GB/219.69 GB/1.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshambo
I'm assume they did. I told them i wanted nothing to do with their site and to delete my account as there was no option to do it myself, I deleted all the torrents I uploaded (as is my right to do so), and I went back and blanked out all my forum posts.

Such a shame as it is a nice looking site, but I just didn't trust much I downloaded there. People changing original archive files and re-distributing them, people seeding 50+ shows at a time who obviously don't have the bandwidth, getting a lot of criticism to my posts when I was only pointing out that some of the practices over there are typically frowned upon in the trading community. Not to mention torrents with commercially released content in them. 99% of what is over there comes from TTD or DaD anyway. To each their own....I don't want any part of it.
My sentiments exactly especially when it comes to people who post there making it appear as if they're the original source of the upload. I started challenging some guy, with the handle of UnkArl, about a particular Tori Amos torrent that came from another tracker. I asked him why he removed original artwork, putting his "courtesy" screenshots, and not giving credit to the original source/uploader. He basically said "it's none of my business and torrents get re-distributed anyway". Well he apparently tried doing the same thing on DaD and the original source busted him.

The staff on Zomb are a bunch of hypocrites too. One of them started asking about why I was uploading from different ips. I guess they saw I was capable of upload speeds as high as 2Mb/s from one ip. I explained that for one of the ips I had T3 access at my school but am discreet about using it. After they got the explanation, they promoted me to high speed uploader (as if that actually means anything). I thought about why they had asked me questions and decided stop uploading there ever since the inquiry. Well a couple of weeks later, after no activity my part at Zomb, I was demoted to my original status. I was right about my suspicions that there might be something fishy with Zomb 'cause of the questions they had posed.

Zomb
Old 2006-08-30, 07:37 AM
Deadmarsh
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Actually you were promoted from high speed sharer to uploader heymnaooh1...which you still are.

And before anyone tells me my ratio sucks here, I know it.
I'm just living by TTDs rules and there are no ratio requirements.
I'd follow them if there were FYI.

Roshambo was banned for telling one of our staff to f*ck off on the public forum.

We also don't allow commercially released material. If you saw something, why didn't you report it?
We are constantly checking stuff, but can't know and spot everything.

Last edited by Deadmarsh; 2006-08-30 at 07:42 AM.
Old 2006-08-30, 10:12 AM
Ask and I shall seed
225.69 GB/234.79 GB/1.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmarsh
Roshambo was banned for telling one of our staff to f*ck off on the public forum.
LMAO.

Only and after I had already posted that I wanted my account deleted and your "staff" proceeded to lay into me with a few offensive statements of their own.

You were even online when I msg'd you to delete my account. Why did you not remove my account then??? I can only assume you wanted to make sure that I saw your staff's comments about me and bait me to post my offensive statement. Well done =)

ROFL.....It was like within 30 secs of that post that my account was deleted/banned. Had your finger on the trigger huh.

As far as offending torrents, I tried posting about trading do's and don'ts only to be ridiculed and labeled a whiner. With such an enormous staff to user ratio I would figure that stuff like that would be under control anyway....but maybe your were too busy trying to sort which of your 100+ seeds was not "maximizing" your upload

Anyway.....it's done and over with...go back to whatever it is you do over there...as you will have no problems with me anymore.
Old 2006-08-30, 10:24 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Actually, in our FAQ, we do ask that you try to achieve a 1:1 ratio because that is how bittorrent works best (if everyone downloads and then shares the same amount). We just don't ban people for low ratios. We recognize that this site is more than just a bt site. If you look at user's profile, if they have offered b&ps before or started vines here, those are all listed in their profile. This allows people to take an overall look at a user before deciding if they want to open a window for them or trade with them.
Quote:
We also don't allow commercially released material. If you saw something, why didn't you report it?
We are constantly checking stuff, but can't know and spot everything.
I can't emphasize this enough. Being a mod myself, I'll say that we rely a lot on users reporting threads/torrents that have commercially available material in them. Mods don't have the time to go through every single upload to the site and check to see if anything listed is also available commerially. Not every mod is familiar with every artist and every album that that artist has put out. I think everyone has a responsibility to try to help keep our music trackers free of commercial releases (if that is the goal of that tracker). I have a feeling if one of us got shut down, that most likely they would then come after the rest of us and then there would be no more (public) torrent sites.

Old 2006-08-30, 01:04 PM
167.93 GB/219.69 GB/1.31

Quote:
Actually you were promoted from high speed sharer to uploader heymnaooh1...which you still are.

We also don't allow commercially released material. If you saw something, why didn't you report it? We are constantly checking stuff, but can't know and spot everything.
You know where you can stick that "promotion" and zomb account. I don't give two shits about your "promotion". It's the fucking Internet. The only people who need to start handing out "promotions" over the Internet are those who want to feel important.

Just because there are no ratio requirements that doesn't mean you can go one abusing the system at TTD...that's why you're one of the hypocrites.
Old 2006-08-30, 02:11 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Holy shit that's the lamest fucking thing I've ever heard. You need a rule for everything you do in life to decide whether it's right or wrong?
Old 2006-08-30, 03:29 PM
Deadmarsh
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Wink Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymnaooh1
You know where you can stick that "promotion" and zomb account. I don't give two shits about your "promotion". It's the fucking Internet. The only people who need to start handing out "promotions" over the Internet are those who want to feel important.
Your wish is my command
You want anything else with that?

Since you all are such a nice bunch of people (especially you roshambo, love ya man ) I'll improve my ratio to 1.0 to show you my appreciation.
Old 2006-08-30, 04:53 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

just for the record, the zomb staff deleted two reports of officially released material (a primuslive soundboard) by me and then banned me when I posted about it on another forum.
Old 2006-08-30, 11:21 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Wow, sounds like a place I don't need to be apart of........respectable places are much more attractive because the folks who run the joint actually care about the users.....like TTD and DIME. Following the rules/guidelines and following blindly are two very different ideals......I have heard good and bad about ZOMB but when I looked at it there was nothing that I couldn't get either here or at DIME and since these places keep a respectable house, I would decline ANY invite to ZOMB or any other place that would ban a user for speaking freely about his good/ or bad experience on another site............

Deadmarsh, good luck with the ratio thing.....if it takes a thread like this to "kindly" inspire you to raise it to a respectable status maybe a place like Demonoid or Komodo Village would be better suited to your needs, they don't seem to mind hit n run leechers at all.

Old 2006-08-30, 11:47 PM
Deadmarsh
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

rhinowing, I think you know better than that why you got booted from Zomb
*cough* attitude *cough*

Jetrell69, that's so funny...people who like Zomb especially have said that we have the nicest and most helpful staff around
(you don't see this happening on Zomb http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=23718)

I should be able to fix the ratio rather quickly if I there are leechers.
I'm only improving it to show that I'm a nice guy
Old 2006-08-31, 08:13 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Deadmarsh,

I said I heard good AND bad about Zomb.....like any place I'm sure. I just prefer to be in a place where the folks who run the site care as much about the music they see here as the people who seed/leech what is offered. Your offer to raise your ratio, "after" it was mentioned and your comment on it scrutinized, is a prime example of a user who uses sites other than his home one like a public restroom....if it isn't the one in your home, why be clean, someone else has to clean the mess.....you're being "nice guy" about it is nothing short of "song and dance" for personal PR. That is just "my" opinion though and reflects no-one else's views but my own.

I don't know freezer personally but an awesome Robert Palmer torrent came out of his hands to ours and I respect the respect he showed the artists music and career. Sharing for free to get music out and sharing to try and make a name for yourself at another's expense are 2 more totally unlike matters. The boot scene can be touchy at best no matter where you go but if people are questioning the validity of origins/content discrepancies on torrents @ Zomb then maybe mods/admin should be checking deeper to see what is coming out of their site[instead of questioning another sites issues in posts in their home forum].....taking liberties that aren't yours to take seems self-defeating at best if they are not handled promptly.....on rare occassion I have added info to a file or helped distinguish correct info so that artwork can reflect it along with the info...but I would NEVER tamper with something I got in anyway that disrespects the taper, artist, or the site allowing it to be offered. Folks @ Zomb either need to get a bit more proactive in the content in question or suffer more of these public complaints from within the trading community at their own expense.
Old 2006-08-31, 08:32 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

I forgot to mention that if members/ex-members complain in other forums about former sites it isn't just that member's fault. Admin/mods have a responsibility regardless of outside circumstances like life/family/jobs, if they ignore it, then they shouldn't be part of the site. DIME is very proactive about their managing of their site and I have seen the same care here. Members are also another valuable resource and if they ignore junk they see they shouldn't be members either.

Community is what keeps these sites clean and safe.......if the community is divided then it will not live out a happy existance......guaranteed.
Old 2006-08-31, 08:46 AM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Jetrell69, that's so funny...people who like Zomb especially have said that we have the nicest and most helpful staff around
(you don't see this happening on Zomb http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=23718)
could you point me towards any post in that thread where a TTD staff member was being mean or unhelpful?

Every site has people who love it and people who hate it - here, Zomb, Dime - every site. As staff here I can sympathize with the staff of any other site and the complaints they get and the difficulties they face in running their sites.
Old 2006-08-31, 09:41 AM
Deadmarsh
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

@toys
My point was that kind of behavior from users would not ne tolerated on Zomb. Didn't mean that TTD staff actually did something wrong.

There seem to be a lot people with the 'I know everything, I am the greatest' attitude around here and things should be done like they see it.
Like Roshambo & co bitching about how some Zomb users utilise their own bandwidth.

@Jetrell69
Personally I never change any of the files for anything I download with the very rare exception actually adding some useful information to the txt-file (like a track name which was missing etc.). But it also seems rather stupid to cry about polluting the trade pool when somebody happens to download a show and for example re-names the tracks properly and then seeds it on another tracker. Oh no, the trading pool is now contaminated, we must bash out the evildoer...

Oh and, if you TTD people don't appreciate my ratio improving effort just let me know and I can stop it if that is better

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers