The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-06-18, 11:03 PM
750.56 GB/828.53 GB/1.10

Need some help, serious firewall problem

Hey everyone...I need some help here, if it is even possible. I had to go back to my old modem, since my new shat the bed. Hey. at least I got a good solid two quality months out it, right. Anyways here is the problem. The modem I am using now has me firewalled. Normally not a problem, as I know how to unfirewall myself the normal way with portforward. I had done it previously with this modem and with the new one. But the reason I had to change modems was I could not, and still cannot access the NAT setting on my modem. Even the tech I spoke with at Bellsouth could not help me. When I go to launchmodem and then click expert mode the right side of my screen just stays blank. (This is where my option to change should come up) I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support previously trying to solve the problem, with no luck. He said they were somehow erased or something. Doesn't make much sense because obviously the modem still works. The only capability it does not seem to have is being able to be unfirewalled. Sorry to ramble, but I am totally stuck here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Need some help, serious firewall problem

If this is the modem they gave you, shouldn't they replace it if it is somehow 'erased'? How about doing a firmware update on it?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-18, 11:37 PM
750.56 GB/828.53 GB/1.10

Yeah, they are sending me another one, but that is going to take a few days at the minimum. I know that doesn't sound long, but I am trying to grab two shows on another site and both shows have a very limited number of seeders and most if not all are firewalled at any one time. The person I spoke with never mentioned any type of firmware update. And I have no idea how to do that. But maybe the reason this was not suggested was this is a newer 100Mbps modem, even now not more than 6 months old. They had sent me this one when I bumped up to their 6.0 service. But I am willing to try anything. Can you point the way to get started? thanks.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:49 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When I've update firmware on my modem, I've either clicked a button in the router 'menu' or I've gone to the website for the modem/router, looked up my model number, and then there is usually a link to download something to update the firmware.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble