The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-30, 10:49 PM
127.64 GB/122.58 GB/0.96

Re: Is it a noticable difference (VHS Question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
ok, so your computer DVD drive isnt DVD-VR compatible.
i think you owe us a copy at this point.
I guess not, but if that is the case then I'm confused because isn't a DVD VR disc in a folder like VIDEO_RM instead of VIDEO_TS? because I have had a show or two like that with the RM folder and didn't know what was up with it but my pc still read it, who knows.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-31, 05:09 AM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

The RM folder is just something that Phillips DvRs make.It's nothing & can be deleted

Anyway,Hmm..yes,it does seem that your Drive cannot read VR.Havn't checked but that seems the likely case at this point.

OK.....long winded but can be sorted.
Make them 1 hour DVD-R recordings but for disc 2 start recording a bit before where disc 1 finished...15 seconds or so.

Now look for a frame accurate editing program..I use Tmpeg Editor 2 for jobs like this.It will export the file losslessly.

Right ...load up your 2 DVDs via the source wizard option and work out where to splice the 2 together.Hopefully you can work out what frame is the last frame to use ..to the 1st frame(for the 2nd disc).

When you've done output settings at "Automatic less encode as possible".
Now it will export losslessly the 2 as 1 long file.

Now use your authoring programme to make your Dual Layer.

K_K

PS:....looking forward to a copy .....sorted direwolf
Old 2007-10-31, 06:31 AM
127.64 GB/122.58 GB/0.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat
The RM folder is just something that Phillips DvRs make.It's nothing & can be deleted

Anyway,Hmm..yes,it does seem that your Drive cannot read VR.Havn't checked but that seems the likely case at this point.

OK.....long winded but can be sorted.
Make them 1 hour DVD-R recordings but for disc 2 start recording a bit before where disc 1 finished...15 seconds or so.

Now look for a frame accurate editing program..I use Tmpeg Editor 2 for jobs like this.It will export the file losslessly.

Right ...load up your 2 DVDs via the source wizard option and work out where to splice the 2 together.Hopefully you can work out what frame is the last frame to use ..to the 1st frame(for the 2nd disc).

When you've done output settings at "Automatic less encode as possible".
Now it will export losslessly the 2 as 1 long file.

Now use your authoring programme to make your Dual Layer.

K_K

PS:....looking forward to a copy .....sorted direwolf
Much thanks, I will try that if it comes to that. I noticed circuit city sells a dvd-r dl disc so I will try and pick that up and hope it works. My friend seems to have a sony dvd/vhs combo thing that accepts those discs that I guess he just recently got so hopefully that will work. If not however, I will do what you suggested. Once again thanks to you and everybody for all of your help, I greatly appreciate it.
Old 2007-11-01, 08:05 PM
127.64 GB/122.58 GB/0.96

just wanted to say I got the stuff transfered fine, the ended up being an hour each so I didn't have to do any mixing or anything. Thanks again.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble