The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-26, 11:43 PM
Dr. Woof Woof Lombardi
1.03 TB/1.75 TB/1.70

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Um... Azureus never tells you if you are firewalled or not.
Silly me! What on earth was I thinking when I saw that red button appear at the bottom of my Azureus client with the word "firewalled" next to it?

Besides, after a mere one hour and seven minutes, it disappeared. Thanks anyhow.

[IMG]screencap2.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screencap2.jpg
( 10.8 KB, 77 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-27, 12:08 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonJackson
Silly me! What on earth was I thinking when I saw that red button appear at the bottom of my Azureus client with the word "firewalled" next to it?
I guess you PC users get more out of Azureus than us Mac users. I'm gonna write my complaints right now!

Sorry.

Old 2006-05-27, 12:12 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Az tells you you're firewalled on a Mac too. But it doesn't say anything if you're not....
Old 2006-05-27, 12:14 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Ahhh, thanks. I have just never seen it.

Old 2006-05-27, 12:14 AM
Dr. Woof Woof Lombardi
1.03 TB/1.75 TB/1.70

Hey, Lynne, you really are doing an awesome job with all of this stuff, and I'm totally appreciative for the time and effort you have taken not only to tweak all the code and fix all the bugs but also to answer a seemingly endless stream of stoopid questions. So, just so's you know: you rule
Old 2006-05-27, 12:19 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

No problem. I really love reading this thread and hearing what others are seeing. I can't 'see' it all, so I count on you guys to tell me about it.

(I really didn't realize Azureus would tell me I'm firewalled. I only use it on my Mac and the first thing I ever do when I have to redo stuff on my Mac is install Azureus and make sure my ports are forwarded in my router. So, I'm firewall ignorant on my Mac!)

Old 2006-05-27, 08:19 AM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonJackson
OK, I'm running Azureus 2.4.0.2. Started downloading a brand new torrent (GD 3.31.85) after the new tracker was launched. Disabled DHT. And ever since, Azureus has been telling me that I am firewalled. Also, I'm getting a dreadful d/l rate (around 22 kB/s). I've stopped and started the torrent. I've started and restarted Azureus. I've checked my ports. Everything seems fine, except that Azureus says I'm firewalled. The peer list says I'm not firewalled, and the grc.com port scanner says I'm not, either. So I'm confused. I've read all 15 pages of this thread and don't see anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks
That's not so bad considering that there are only 2 seeders, each pumping out low upload stream. At least folks are still seeding!
Old 2006-05-27, 10:13 AM
826.31 GB/1.07 TB/1.33

I have no problems with the passkey concept, since that's what Dimeadozen.org uses, but I downloaded a torrent this morning, after signing in, and upon loading it into Azureus 2.4.0.2, under tracker status it says "network not enabled." I've never seen that message before. The torrent refuses to connect to the tracker, needless to say.

Any ideas?

Kerry
Old 2006-05-27, 10:38 AM
826.31 GB/1.07 TB/1.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryechols
I have no problems with the passkey concept, since that's what Dimeadozen.org uses, but I downloaded a torrent this morning, after signing in, and upon loading it into Azureus 2.4.0.2, under tracker status it says "network not enabled." I've never seen that message before. The torrent refuses to connect to the tracker, needless to say.

Any ideas?

Kerry
After force starting, then stopping, the tracker status says "Scrape Error: Hash mark missing from reply."

Kerry
Old 2006-05-27, 10:54 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryechols
After force starting, then stopping, the tracker status says "Scrape Error: Hash mark missing from reply."

Kerry
I've been playing with the scrape script and when I goof, you get that error. Unfortunately, the torrents only 'scrape' about every 30 minutes, so that error will stay in the window for the next 30 minutes until it gets around to scraping again.

Old 2006-05-27, 05:44 PM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

hi...I'm on this torrent, if that helps, http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&page=1&pp=15

and I'm using utorrent v1.2.2 (build 345) on a WinXP machine and I get the error message : tracker sending invalid data

yet I'm connected to the lone seed and one leech and it's coming down at 48+kB/s, so I'm not complaining, but thought the info might be useful to you.
(in a bigger swarm they usually come down at 170+kB/s)
Maybe it'll clear up next scrape like the above situation....
Old 2006-05-27, 07:06 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

starman, is it still doing that? I thought I got that sorted out a little while ago. But, I do my testing on my Mac and it's always possible I miss stuff. (Also, do you know if you got that error before? I tried to optimize both the scrape and announce scripts a bit this morning and I could easily have made a mistake along the line.)

Old 2006-05-27, 11:42 PM
36.98 GB/52.39 GB/1.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
starman, is it still doing that? I thought I got that sorted out a little while ago. But, I do my testing on my Mac and it's always possible I miss stuff. (Also, do you know if you got that error before? I tried to optimize both the scrape and announce scripts a bit this morning and I could easily have made a mistake along the line.)

No, I don't ever remember getting that error before....not from this tracker, anyway.
I had decided to quit the torrent just because I don't want to take the ratio hit at this time and didn't want to miss a few other things, but I just tried it again to see and answer your question, and yes, it still said that...
I'll test it with Torrent Storm and see if it's my client, then let you know.
Yup, TS, too, with the exception it uses the term "bad data" rather than "invalid data"...same difference I'm sure....I was connected to peers and it was coming down, though....
I guess if I stayed on we could learn if it keeps my share ratio properly, but there won't be anybody to share to soon...
Hope I'm not wasting any of your time, that's not my intention.
Thanks for the help

Also thought you may need to know, they both report the actual scrape as being ok, (but somehow my client reads the data as bad ?)

Last edited by starman714; 2006-05-27 at 11:51 PM.
Old 2006-05-27, 11:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Nope, not wasting my time, but I'm not up to doing code right now (it's 10 pm my time). Tr*cker is a bad word for me right now. I hate that thing.

I'm gonna have to play with it again tomorrow. Argh. (Ok, Torrent Storm is a No Go for you, what else? What OS, and original BT?) Sorry, off to bed for me, it's been a long, long day.....

Old 2006-05-28, 12:47 AM
9.83 GB/24.03 GB/2.45

Thanks for the hard work Lynne. You dominate Gray at music site administration.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions