The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-03-07, 11:22 AM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

help uploading my first show

looking for some info on how to get started to upload...this will be the first show i have uploaded..i have read around but it seems i get more confused ....so if anyone can give some info, i can start uploading my shows to the den...i am using bitorrent for downloading and i am assuming i also use that for uploading also...any help for this NooB
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-03-07, 11:30 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: help uploading my first show

Yes, you will use the same client to download/upload.

Have you read this:
ABT Seeding Guide
VBT Seeding Guide

You didn't say whether you wanted to seed Audio or Video, so I posted links to both. Take a look at the guide that you need and then let us know what is confusing to you (then we can help you and perhaps change the guide to explain something better.)

Old 2006-03-07, 11:42 AM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

ok thanks lynne...i am going to upload video...
Old 2006-03-07, 11:53 AM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

7,8,9 on the seeding guide is what is confusing me..number 7 the most...what is the URL??? this has me lost on what it is for and how it should be used...
Old 2006-03-07, 12:40 PM
521.57 GB/1.44 TB/2.82

the url is for the torrent file you create...when you are putting that together you should see a place for your 'announce url' which is http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php
(just copy/paste this address)

if you've already made the torrent file, thats fine..you'll just need to open it and edit the announce url

once you get all that done, go to the video bit torrent forum and click upload show.
Old 2006-03-07, 12:53 PM
116.58 GB/126.74 GB/1.09

the first thing I would try and figure out if I were you is why you are only uploading at 4kbs. learning to upload vids is good but if you cant seed faster than that it will be pointless. just my .02
Old 2006-03-07, 01:02 PM
stupid monkey
693.59 GB/1.07 TB/1.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayroch
the first thing I would try and figure out if I were you is why you are only uploading at 4kbs. learning to upload vids is good but if you cant seed faster than that it will be pointless. just my .02

if i knew i would change it..!!
Old 2006-03-07, 01:38 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When you make your torrent (on bittorrent for mac, it says Generate Torrent, I think), at some point it will need an 'announce url'. Our announce url is: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php Make sure you do NOT add a space before or after that url when you put it into your bittorrent client. If you do, it will give you an error when you try to upload the show. When it asks you what to make the torrent from, make sure you tell it you are doing a Directory, not just Files, and then point it to your Parent Folder that you made in step 2. If will take a few minutes to generate that torrent file.

After you have made the torrent file, what I do is start it in my bittorrent client. You will add it to your bittorrent window, it will ask you where the files are, point it to your Parent Folder and then it will 'verify' your files. It should get to 100% and then give you and error saying the torrent is not on the tracker. That's fine, just hit stop.

Then, go to the Video BT Upload page (under the Torrents drop down in the menu bar). Fill in the requested information, hit the Attachment button on the bottom, select your torrent file, hit Upload Torrent, then close that little window and hit the Upload Thread button on the main page to create the thread with the torrent attached. At that point, you can start your torrent again in your bittorrent window and it should no longer tell you the torrent isn't on the tracker and it will go into seeding mode.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble