The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-05-17, 09:15 PM
558.39 GB/613.53 GB/1.10

uploading problem

Having a problem with upload stream after downloading torrent.I just downloaded Little Feat Pink Pop Fest DVD.I checked the peer list and not firewalled.I presently am not using a router,just a modem with windows xp and bit tornado.This problem just started occuring.The indicator light is green and uploading at 60 kb for a minute or two than goes red and back to zero and then goes green and then back to red.Must I forward my ports and what numbers are best?....Thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-17, 09:36 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Re: uploading problem

well on that torrent 87 people are trying to feed one leecher so it stands to reason you won't get much chance to upload. I may jump on and catch a quick ride.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2007-05-19, 08:01 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: uploading problem

Same thing used to happen to me until I updated to BitTornado 3.18. It has encryption capability which fights Comcast's attempts to throttle or limit bittorrent activity. I use the default encryption settings and am now able to upload after completing a torrent. Use ports above 50,000. The defualt ports (6881-6889) are now known to be used for BT by ISP's, so they limit them. Just check that Windows Firewall is not blocking you (Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions). It should have btdownloadgui in the list. Make sure it is checked. I don't think you have to forward your ports because you are not using a router.

http://www.bittornado.com/

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble