The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-10, 11:11 AM
52.81 GB/16.06 GB/0.30

Re: Report all ratio issues here

It shows as being active and being 1oo%.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-10, 11:21 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Can you take a screenshot at all?

Old 2007-02-02, 08:53 PM
1.53 TB/1.52 TB/0.99

Singe you don't *enforce* ratio I don't usually quibble about getting "shorted" (it happens a lot). But I do get curious as to why a gig "disappears" here and there; they *do* add up. Example: I have been seeding an orphan for a while, and uTorrent had me as uploading 2.3g and the tracker pegged me at 1.3. Just to see what would happen, I restarted the torrent, and as I suspected both tracker and client reset to '0'
Would send a screenshot if this window allowed.
Old 2007-02-02, 11:24 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you make sure to have DHT off? If you don't, then you can connect to people using DHT which bypasses the tracker. Also, whever you restart a torrent, you will always be reset to 0 in your Peers List.

Old 2007-02-18, 08:17 AM
0.99 TB/1.05 TB/1.06

I don't know if this is part of the server issue, but i have been on this torrent for a day http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=34327

and I have not connected to the tracker. at this point I have download 1.28 Gb and uploaded 1.81 Gb and that ratio just keeps growing.

I am connected to 21 peers, but not the seeder (possibly in super seed mode).

I've never had trouble connecting to the tracker before, especially for this long of a period.

quick edit. the message I am getting in utorrent is:
tracker sending invalid data. d1: failure reason 22:invalid passkey...
Old 2007-02-18, 08:57 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvaz
quick edit. the message I am getting in utorrent is:
tracker sending invalid data. d1: failure reason 22:invalid passkey...
Try stopping the torrent, delete the torrent file from utorrent, redownload the torrent, and then start the torrent again in utorrent pointing it to the files you have already downloaded. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Old 2007-02-18, 11:55 AM
Dr. Woof Woof Lombardi
1.03 TB/1.75 TB/1.70

Hi Lynne: I'm sure you have more than enough on your plate as it is, and I'm really grateful for everything you do, but my stats still aren't updating. I have stopped and restarted and all that good stuff. I've been at 1.75 for a couple of days, while steadily uploading at around 40k/sec . . .
Old 2007-02-18, 11:12 PM
Taperus Maximus
395.74 GB/325.23 GB/0.82

I know my ratio is horrible. i havent d'l'd much lately but for the record, i do try and give back, just around xmas i gave out like 20 DVD-R's as freebies, and im about to do the same thing, except more DVD's this time around, once i get somemore blank DVD-R media

I will def give back and then some of what I owe to my ratio
Old 2007-12-11, 11:58 PM
18.25 GB/6.33 GB/0.35

everytime i dl a torrent from this site i cant seem to seed it back 1.1 . now, if i d/l a torrent from another site it seeds it back automatically 1.1 within a day or 2. im usin winxp sp2 with firefox and utorrent. pls help, afraid of getting banned.... ive even tried to set my ratios manually and that dont work either.
Old 2007-12-12, 06:52 PM
1.04 TB/6.52 TB/6.25

I've noticed a few times that the stats were way off, but with my ratio I wasn't all that concerned. But I do have a question regarding updating the stats, sometimes they update on a regular basis and sometimes they are 3-4 hours old. On my computer I can manually update the tracker, on a service that I use I cannot. Is it possible to have a way to update the stats manually on TTD, perhaps from the profile page. Thanks.
Old 2007-12-12, 06:58 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn5150 View Post
everytime i dl a torrent from this site i cant seem to seed it back 1.1 . now, if i d/l a torrent from another site it seeds it back automatically 1.1 within a day or 2. im usin winxp sp2 with firefox and utorrent. pls help, afraid of getting banned.... ive even tried to set my ratios manually and that dont work either.
I would post about this in your own thread in Technobabble. It sounds like you may have an ISP like comcast who is using Sandvine. If so, do a search in this forum and you will find information about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
I've noticed a few times that the stats were way off, but with my ratio I wasn't all that concerned. But I do have a question regarding updating the stats, sometimes they update on a regular basis and sometimes they are 3-4 hours old. On my computer I can manually update the tracker, on a service that I use I cannot. Is it possible to have a way to update the stats manually on TTD, perhaps from the profile page. Thanks.
The only way to get the tracker to see your stats is to have your bittorrent client talk to it. If your client doesn't tell the tracker what is going on, then it can't update anything. Make sure you have DHT turned off because if it is on, then you are bypassing the tracker and again, the tracker won't be able to update your stats.

Old 2007-12-12, 11:06 PM
18.25 GB/6.33 GB/0.35

i did post in technobabble then i got told to post here
Old 2007-12-12, 11:16 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
i did post in technobabble then i got told to post here
Well, I think Aaron misread your post cuz this thread was for when your ratio is actually wrong, not for when you are having problems uploading/downloading. Did you read my reply in your thread?

Old 2007-12-16, 01:49 AM
18.25 GB/6.33 GB/0.35

im still having problems
Old 2007-12-16, 10:21 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
im still having problems
I just checked your profile and you don't have any torrents going. Are you saying that you *do* have them on at home but they just aren't showing up here? It would really help if you posted links to the threads that you think you should be showing up as seeding. It's hard to see what's going on without more specifics. Also, it would be better if you posted this in the original thread, not the Ratio Issue thread since it really has nothing to do with your ratio stats.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble