The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-03-18, 12:08 PM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

AccurateRip plugin for EAC (including offset detection)

What it does:
Quote:
The philosophy behind AccurateRip is quite simple - each time an audio track is ripped (recorded by computer) it is compared with rips from other people, this allows a confidence report to be generated. The report might say that 4 other people had exactly the same results, this would guarantee your rip was without error, or the report could say that 3 other people disagree with your rip, the likely hood is that your CD has a scratch and should be cleaned.
This also includes a database for drives offsets. After installing it manages the Read offset correction.
I tested it with my two older DVD drives (Toshiba, LG) and it gave them the same values as determined with the old school way described here:
http://users.pandora.be/satcp/tutorials.htm

AccurateRip works with EAC version 0.95 prebeta 5 and up.
To get EAC:
http://exactaudiocopy.de/
To get AccurateRip:
http://www.accuraterip.com/

I don't know how it works with drives not in it's database but the program has a routine for determining the offsets by putting in some "keydiscs" as far as I read. AccurateRip does have more discs of my own collection in it's database than EACs built-in has.
There's also an user upload feature. At their site they state the database is updated every two weeks.

Anyone tried this plugin yet?

-Richard
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-31, 10:40 PM
651.95 GB/865.24 GB/1.33

Re: AccurateRip plugin for EAC (including offset detection)

Just stumbled across accuraterip today. Thought I'd search this forum before starting a new thread...

I have not tried the plug-in, nor do I intend to. I was more interested in verifying my read offset correction(s) with the database.

I understand that the plug-in locks the read offset correction value once it's determined, making it impossible to determine your write offset correction.

In order to determine your write offset correction, you must move accurate.dll to a different directory. This will unlock the read offset value and allow you to find the write offset correction value. Once the write offset correction is determined, you must return accurate.dll to its previous location.

There are over 700 drives in the database and forums are particularly insightful. Check the database for your read offset before using the tutorials.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble