The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-03, 11:50 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Bad Trader: trustthex

I have no problem removing this thread should this situation get resolved, however, the irony that Kris' board name has "trust" in it is not lost on me.

this is easily "top 5 weaksauce" experiences in over 20 years of exchanging live music with others.

pretty disappointing, to say the least.
Old 2012-10-03, 09:28 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

another visit today, yet no response.
Old 2012-10-03, 09:38 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

My wife had to have emergency surgery. All priorities were re-routed. PMs/requests will be answered in due course. Flame away.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2012-10-03, 09:39 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

Also, did not read this thread. I can mail you your flashdrive back ASAP if that is what this is all about. When I get to my PM box, we can discuss such things.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2012-10-04, 12:31 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex View Post
When I get to my PM box, we can discuss such things.

well, you haven't checked it in a month, so I sure as hell won't hold my breath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex View Post
My wife had to have emergency surgery. All priorities were re-routed. PMs/requests will be answered in due course. Flame away.

no problem.

it's the lack of communication on your end, and the fact that you checked the board every 4-5 days (at least 5 times in September), yet not a single reply to 3 simple PM's.

hence, my posting here.

when I come here, the first thing I do, if there are new PM's in my box, is read them, as, well, you know, it's the courteous thing to do.

shame on me for holding you to such a standard.

at this point, keep the drive, I don't give a fuck, you'll probably put a virus on it or something.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm kind of eliminating the people who say they will do something, then completely disregard both what they said they would do and base, common courtesy.

I will never believe anything you say again.

have a great day.

Last edited by ballsdeep; 2012-10-04 at 12:39 AM. Reason: cause I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
Old 2012-10-04, 07:53 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

gentlemen ~ mend fences / dont burn bridges

all the best
Old 2012-10-04, 11:29 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
gentlemen ~ mend fences / dont burn bridges

all the best

while the optimist in me would like that to be the case, I don't really see that happening in this scenario.

I could give a damn if it were to take 6 months, hell even a year to upload the shows, it's the blatant apathy on Kris' end that's pretty much the dealbreaker here.

"and obviously his PM box was overflowing", as he's been here today as well, but hasn't seemed to make it in there yet, or if so, it's been a solid half-day plus since he stated he'd go to his PM box to discuss such things.

THAT is why I'm saying fuck it, as I've NEVER, in 20+ years of trading initiated an offer where the other person sent first, received the items, and then flat-out ignored them.

again, I've never, EVER done such a thing.

if he were absent from here for the entire timeframe, then shame the fuck out of me.

but due to the simple "last visit" column, I clearly know that is not the case.

Kris:

just keep the drive

don't worry about discussing ANYTHING via PM

and have a great life.

just don't expect me to fall for such shenanigans again.

I would hope others here would not as well.

as trustthex is NOT very trusty.

and it shows.
Old 2012-11-15, 03:35 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

what part of "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS VIA PM" does Kris not understand?

I received the below message twice....seven MINUTES apart, so I'm not sure if Kris is under the influence of something or what, but please....LEAVE ME ALONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex
I have been basically off the internet for months due to ongoing (and seemingly neverending) personal shit. I apolgize for not communicating prior. Send me your address and I will mail your drive back Priorty ASAP.

I am cleaning out my PM box completely. When I have time to return to this site in any capacity, we can discuss this as either adults or juveniles.

Have a wonderful evening!

-Kris
Kris,

I'd point out the dichotomy of your apology wrapped up in a snide signing-off by you, but hey, that's self-obvious, beyond a reasonable doubt, so why bother.

you seem to be missing my only point: the incommunicado from you

you checked into this site at least 4 times the month after the drive had arrived; I sent you 3 simple "any update?" PM's, and you blatantly ignored me, at least compared to the regular communication prior to the drive landing in Texas....look at it from my side, you prep me up and down with your beefy upload connection, and solicit me via PM to upload some stuff, the shows arrive and.....

NOTHING (not even a "hey, I've got a lot going on right now, because real life happens, it may well be a couple months before the shows get upped"....that's ALL I needed, nothing more, but you chose (for lack of a better word) to ignore the situation.

I say 'ignore', as you WERE here weekly, but you couldn't even reply? ? ?

in Alaska, we call that "chickenshit weaksauce", as a mans word is, well, it means twice as much as it does in lil' ol' Texas...trustthex me on that.

in 20 years of trading, you are in the top 3 for "not even giving base acknowedgement of what's going on"...and I've traded with well over a few people in that time.

I'm a pretty damned understanding individual, starting with living in Alaska wrapped up in general life experience....I'm not into burning bridges, but fuck, the LAST time that someone pulled this kind of shit it was the mid-90's...or, well over 15 YEARS ago.

your actions (or lack thereof) are a prime example of why I got OUT of trading from about 2001 to 2007.....liars and mp3ers made me say "fuck it" until it all sorted itself out (it kind of correlates with a flash card recorder becoming affordable, I skipped from analog > flashcard, no DAT's for this camper)

or, I pretty much learned from those mistakes.

what you've done won't change my trust in others

but with:

--- a board name such as yours
---the initial communication initiated by you (it wasn't as if peeps on this board told me to look you up because you like Leftover Salmon)turning into a deaf brick wall
---and now, your petulant attitude as if I was the one who did something wrong, when all I did was call you out a month+++ after NO response from you...

I'm not feeling terribly "in the wrong" in this situation.

whether or not you understand that, that's your side of the street.

at this point, as stated previously:

I don't want the drive, as I don't TRUST you.

ironic, isn't it.

if you want to mail 10 bucks (cash or money order) to:

Steve Hagar
P.O. Box 7xxxx
Fairbanks, AK 99707

that's your choice...I don't expect you to do it, that way I won't be disappointed again.

I'll ask other people to upload the recordings later on down the road...thanks for reminding me of how the joy can easily be sucked out of this hobby by one persons selfish actions.

thank God there's a lot of balloons in the sky, and they're not all as full of air as hot as yours.

be well,

-Steve
Old 2012-11-15, 10:29 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Thumbs down Re: Bad Person: ballsdeep?

Holy shit, man, the guy's wife had to have EMERGENCY SURGERY. Bullshit like tape trading and shit suddenly doesn't really matter when a loved one's life is in jeopardy. Do you have any "loved ones" in your life so that you can relate to this? If you did, you'd probably have some heart and see past the end of your nose and look beyond the petty bullshit stink you're raising...

Take a muthafukkin chill pill, bro, and calm the hell down and see this for what it is: a guy you were gonna do something with had a major life altering event happen that forced him to re-prioretize his life, and you went down the list. Do you think you're climbing up that list by crying like a fucking baby that you're not so important that he drop worrying about his potentially dying bride to deal with you?

Give your head a shake!
Old 2012-11-16, 02:27 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Re: Bad Person: ballsdeep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioarchivist View Post
Holy shit, man, the guy's wife had to have EMERGENCY SURGERY. Bullshit like tape trading and shit suddenly doesn't really matter when a loved one's life is in jeopardy. Do you have any "loved ones" in your life so that you can relate to this? If you did, you'd probably have some heart and see past the end of your nose and look beyond the petty bullshit stink you're raising...

Take a muthafukkin chill pill, bro, and calm the hell down and see this for what it is: a guy you were gonna do something with had a major life altering event happen that forced him to re-prioretize his life, and you went down the list. Do you think you're climbing up that list by crying like a fucking baby that you're not so important that he drop worrying about his potentially dying bride to deal with you?

Give your head a shake!

a. I don't believe him, or anything he has to say at this point.

b. there is no "list" that I'm trying to climb...as I told him a month ago, both here and via PM, to leave me alone

again, I asked this guy, a month ago, after his repeated failures in executing base common courstesy to:

---keep the drive
and
---leave me alone

yesterday, i get the SAME PM sent TWICE, 7 MINUTES apart...and what does the PM say?

that he wants to mail back to me what I don't want, and have stated so clearly more than once previously....oh yeah, and that if I ever want to not act like a child in the future, if he comes back to this venue after cleaning out his PM box, he might want to have future dealings with me?

are you fucking kidding me?

Kris can go fuck himself for all I care.

I have no doubt that it (the drive) would most likely have a virus...as this putz is a snake.

I do see it for what it is, that being a liar with poor communication skills is trying to make me out as a dick, and I ain't gonna fly with that.

obviously, he can't listen either.

clearly, others here like the guy.

I'm not one of them.

IN CLOSING:

Kris,

keep the drive, please do not PM me about the drive again, and do not contact me again for any other reason, via PM or on the board.

to do so otherwise will constitute harassment on your part.

regards,

Steve
Old 2012-11-16, 03:23 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Icon4 Re: Bad person? : ballsdeep

By "the list" I'm meaning the imaginary list of stuff that trustthex would need to get done. So, sure you were on that list, and obviously pushed WAY down that list by acting like a bit of an asshat...

Dude, no offense really meant since I've never MET you personally or had any kind of dealings with you directly, but I've been reading of you a bit around here and another popular board you were forcibly removed from recently (if I remember it correctly), and to me it looks like you can erupt into being a real sore dickhead sometimes. A real hot headed guy that is quick to have his blood boil over.

On the flip side to that, I don't really know trustthex either. Maybe he's a giant douchebag intent on ripping off unsuspecting tapers. But, he's not being disrespectful - he's just trying to deal with some extra bullshit in life that I suspect you've never had to fathom...

It reminds me of a song lyric, somehow... :
"..You were in a car crash, and you lost your hair..."
When Ringo realizes he's been upset over nothing, and sheepishly admits that he overreacted too quickly when there was a bigger explanation that really covered all the reasons that he was upset...
Except that you just dig your heels in and talk louder!

I think you need to re-assess your situation - look at it from a human point of view. If your wife or girlfriend (or your right hand if that's as close as you get to a girlfriend...) were suddenly in the hospital and it was gonna be a life or death scene - would you REALLY be worried too much about some random dude 2000 miles away with some silly recordings of him standing in an audience at a concert? Where would YOUR priorities lie at that point?

Just think about that for a minute. Your life might be changing in profound ways you can't imagine. You're thinking "shit, this could end in a funeral..." and it sucks. Are you REALLY gonna be that concerned anymore with some stupid tape trade?

I really hope that trustthex's friend is alright.

Grow up, and get some better mics!
Old 2012-11-16, 02:11 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Re: Bad person? : ballsdeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioarchivist View Post
By "the list" I'm meaning the imaginary list of stuff that trustthex would need to get done. So, sure you were on that list, and obviously pushed WAY down that list by acting like a bit of an asshat...

Dude, no offense really meant since I've never MET you personally or had any kind of dealings with you directly, but I've been reading of you a bit around here and another popular board you were forcibly removed from recently (if I remember it correctly), and to me it looks like you can erupt into being a real sore dickhead sometimes. A real hot headed guy that is quick to have his blood boil over.

On the flip side to that, I don't really know trustthex either. Maybe he's a giant douchebag intent on ripping off unsuspecting tapers. But, he's not being disrespectful - he's just trying to deal with some extra bullshit in life that I suspect you've never had to fathom...

It reminds me of a song lyric, somehow... :
"..You were in a car crash, and you lost your hair..."
When Ringo realizes he's been upset over nothing, and sheepishly admits that he overreacted too quickly when there was a bigger explanation that really covered all the reasons that he was upset...
Except that you just dig your heels in and talk louder!

I think you need to re-assess your situation - look at it from a human point of view. If your wife or girlfriend (or your right hand if that's as close as you get to a girlfriend...) were suddenly in the hospital and it was gonna be a life or death scene - would you REALLY be worried too much about some random dude 2000 miles away with some silly recordings of him standing in an audience at a concert? Where would YOUR priorities lie at that point?

Just think about that for a minute. Your life might be changing in profound ways you can't imagine. You're thinking "shit, this could end in a funeral..." and it sucks. Are you REALLY gonna be that concerned anymore with some stupid tape trade?

I really hope that trustthex's friend is alright.

Grow up, and get some better mics!

ahhhhhhhhhh, the elitist DATtitude/micitude slipped in in closing...

what the fuck ever, I was banned from taperssection about 9 months back for calling Candace Horgan a cunt for offering taper tix for Cowboy Junkies shows, when it turns out you have to be on her "cool kid" list in order to procure the tix.

my point there was, if there's a "cool kid" list, then don't offer a "please tape my favorite band thread, I'll give you tickets" thread up on a message board when you have no intention of honoring the request when people ask (there were at least 5-6 OTHER people on TS who got the same treatment over the last couple years, so that's why I called her out, it wasn't just me); just contact the cool kids directly, and leave the not-cool kids out of it.

my point here is, Kris could have easily spend 15 seconds during one of his 4 September visits here to fill me in with a PM.

instead, he chose apathy.

that shit don't wash with me.

I'll not post in this thread again unless he continues harassing me.

I don't want the drive, as I'm not going to plug a drive into anything I own that was obtained from an untrustworthy individual.

and the "money" suggestion was only offered if for some reason he needs to "cleanse his conscience", as I really don't want or need it either.

trustthex ain't very trusty.

and it shows.

p.s. I'll get better mics when you have better ears to listen with...it ain't my side of the street that mic-standers are borderline deaf, and it's not my job to cater to them.
Old 2012-11-16, 11:16 PM
Drug
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

nice conversation more please
Old 2012-11-17, 09:04 PM
872.76 GB/412.35 GB/0.47

At this point in time Trustthex has offered to mail back what you sent to him. You are refusing to take it. To me, that means that he is making you whole again so that you are out nothing. Therefore he is not a "bad trader", if he ever was to begin with. You will, by your choice, not be made whole again and that's not his fault. The right thing to do is delete this thread.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:17 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
At this point in time Trustthex has offered to mail back what you sent to him. You are refusing to take it. To me, that means that he is making you whole again so that you are out nothing. Therefore he is not a "bad trader", if he ever was to begin with. You will, by your choice, not be made whole again and that's not his fault. The right thing to do is delete this thread.
I am not going to put a drive in my computer, or any computer for that matter from an untrustworthy individual.

I also stated, over a month ago, that I want nothing mailed back to me, keep the drive, please leave me alone (which Kris did a GREAT job of for weeks, so it should have been easy.....riiiiight?)

instead, a couple days ago, I'm not left alone, and I'm told not only to give up my address to have the drive returned to me, but also that if stop acting like a child, he "may get back to me in the future"... (? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?)

and then, 7 minutes later, he sends me the exact same message, again (again, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?)

after I'd stated a month ago, please keep the drive and do not contact me again.

I've repeated myself in this post as you're not seeming to "get it"....I'd have never posted in this thread again if not for this borderline bizzaro behavior.

if he needs a clean conscience, fuck sending me the 10 bucks too.....Kris, just donate it to to a local animal shelter and feel that you did the "right thing".

but FUCK NO, I don't want the drive back at this point, it's like getting your girlfriend back the night after she went DVDA for the first time...it just never feels the same, and you'll never trust her again.

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders