The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2015-09-06, 09:01 AM
627.02 GB/729.82 GB/1.16

Site labels me as FIREWALLED, but I am not

I have used this site many times, as my stats show, but today I logged on and it shows be as being firewalled. I know this can happen if you have are using a VPN, but I am not. I have been trying one out here and there and I did have it up yesterday, but not all day or anything, and I used this site last night, so I am very confused.

I cleared out my cache, and restarted, but that didn't help. Anybody know what might be going on? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-09-06, 10:34 AM
890.36 GB/812.33 GB/0.91

Re: Site labels me as FIREWALLED, but I am not

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTraubertsBlues View Post
I have used this site many times, as my stats show, but today I logged on and it shows be as being firewalled. I know this can happen if you have are using a VPN, but I am not. I have been trying one out here and there and I did have it up yesterday, but not all day or anything, and I used this site last night, so I am very confused.

I cleared out my cache, and restarted, but that didn't help. Anybody know what might be going on? Thanks.
Have you checked out your router to see if the port you are using for you BT client has been forwarded correctly? I only ask because this morning I had the same issue and checked the IP on my machine. I had previously set a static IP on my machine and configured the port on the router to that IP. Something happened and the static IP was no longer set and therefore I was showing as firewalled because the IP of my machine no longer matched the IP forwarded on my router. Once I reset the router to forward the port to the IP addy and restarted my pc and restarted my BT client the FIREWALLED note went away.

For more things go here...

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ort_forwarding
Old 2015-09-06, 12:49 PM
627.02 GB/729.82 GB/1.16

I checked on canyouseeme.org and it said I can not see your service on port 80. I am not tech savvy on this stuff at all. When I first got bittorrent some guy at another site helped me set it up. It doesn't seem to be affecting my ability to use this site though. Do I still need to fix this?
Old 2015-09-06, 01:12 PM
627.02 GB/729.82 GB/1.16

I looked at my BT settings and for port it says 8080. Is it supposed to just be 80?

I think using that VPN yesterday somehow messed up my settings.
Old 2015-09-06, 03:46 PM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

On canyouseeme.org you should fill in the port number your BT-client is using (in your case that would be 8080 instead of 80). 80 is used for http

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ort_forwarding
Old 2015-09-06, 09:19 PM
890.36 GB/812.33 GB/0.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTraubertsBlues View Post
I checked on canyouseeme.org and it said I can not see your service on port 80. I am not tech savvy on this stuff at all. When I first got bittorrent some guy at another site helped me set it up. It doesn't seem to be affecting my ability to use this site though. Do I still need to fix this?
What BT program are you using? As was mentioned port 80 is for email so that should be open. The port you are looking for being open is listed in you bt client. I use utorrent. The post that was default when I d'loaded and installed was 36976. So that said I went into my router and port forwarded 36976 for both TCP and UDP.

This is what I mean by looking at port on your BT program..This is Utorrent's panel showing my port. It might look different if you are using another program
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BT.jpg
( 272.2 KB, 63 views)

Old 2015-09-29, 09:23 PM
1.77 TB/12.36 TB/6.99

Here's something. I kept getting FIREWALLED so I checked my user profile to see where I was firewalled. In my list of torrents, I noticed that I had one torrent listed twice and the second torrent had a firewalled port. I assume someone hacked me and was downloading on my account through a firewalled port. Also, my share ratio dropped even though I was only seeding completed torrents. Changed my password to a long string and it went away after the other guy got off.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble