The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-04, 10:11 AM
I still haven't found...
20.74 GB/22.54 GB/1.09

Re: Dimeadozen Offline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivum
i have a strange feeling that the u2preservation is behind this after getting slapped in the face with that premature 4 cam mix...

rivum
While anything is possible, I tend to doubt it.
Old 2005-05-04, 10:12 AM
27.13 GB/217.10 GB/8.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivum
i have a strange feeling that the u2preservation is behind this after getting slapped in the face with that premature 4 cam mix...

rivum
d'oh i was typing a similair post just after you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Handy
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-04, 10:15 AM
I still haven't found...
20.74 GB/22.54 GB/1.09

Well, stranger things have happened in the trade community...recently
Old 2005-05-04, 10:28 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

U2Preservation is not behind this. Sure, they were disappointed that the DVD got released early, but then they just let it go. In fact, I then got permission to put it up here, which I did.

I do wonder about what is going on with the 'lawyers' and EZT/DIME though. Back in my STG days, we had something like this happen to us. Someone would put a commercial release up on our tracker, and then a couple hours later Gray would get a Notice from an attorney. This happened about three times in one month. It turns out that someone was pissed off and they were deliberately putting stuff on our tracker and then notifying the authorities just to get us in trouble. I never saw any of these notices since Gray never shared them, but it did happen several times between May and July.

Old 2005-05-04, 10:44 AM
1.50 GB/13.03 GB/8.71

Attn: Admin

since Dime was apparently hit because of U2 material (as sent out by the admin), you might consider heading off problems and proactively banning U2 material here. don't want to see this site sink as well.
Old 2005-05-04, 10:44 AM
573.10 MB/4.24 GB/7.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne

I do wonder about what is going on with the 'lawyers' and EZT/DIME though.
Quite a long story... there is a lawyer office in Hamburg. For about two years now, they are searching through the web for copyright violations and send out letters (they are acting on behalf of a company in Berlin, which got its authorization through IFPI Germany). Usually, those letters are directed to the website owners. For reasons we don't know, yet, they are now getting at our hosting service. Not just because of EZT/DIME, but also because of other customers (the hosting service's lawyer said they'd be getting letters weekly now). One recent letter referred to a four year old post in a public forum which contained a link to an MP3 file hosted on servers of our hosting service. Four years! Most probably, the file is long gone history.

For all we know, the only thing this lawyer office is occupied with is writing such letters. Because the boss of the office is the same than one of the managers of the company in Berlin... there was a "nice" story about him in a magazine last year or so.

At the moment, we're in touch with the hosting service's lawyer and are trying to work out a solution.
Old 2005-05-04, 11:02 AM
49.14 GB/95.67 GB/1.95

Thanks for the update, Jupiter, and good luck to you. We in the community appreciate all the mods at Dime and here at TTD do to keep things going.
Old 2005-05-04, 11:19 AM
648.77 GB/799.14 GB/1.23

Icon6 Re: Dimeadozen Offline...

i just say one thing, dime is a great site like this is, with a lot of quality stuffs, so i just think who piss on it is full of shit....
Old 2005-05-04, 11:22 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thanks for the update, Jupiter. I'm sure everyone appreciates the fast communication.

Old 2005-05-04, 11:22 AM
820.11 GB/2.15 TB/2.69

To everyone who runs and is involved with TTD and Dime, THANK YOU for all you do to keep this alive for us. If not for the efforts of Raindawg, Erwe, Lynne, Jupiter, DDS, Nightshifted etal we'd all be wondering what the Vertigo tour sounded like, or this year's Van the Man tour, or Dylan and Merle and so on and so on.

You guys and gals ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2005-05-04, 11:27 AM
Funk Is Its Own Reward
240.72 GB/429.78 GB/1.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin66
Great!!!! That is really good news!
I only hope that this is the definite end of this crappy site that doesn't give shit about quality...
Yeah, I have definitely paid too much money for all those inferior seeds they forced me to download and won't allow me to delete.
You are probably one of the folks that bash a seeder when there is questionable source info rather than try and educate them. Maybe the next time something unfortunate happens to you someone will show you the same kindness you show now.
Old 2005-05-04, 11:38 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

They're back!

Old 2005-05-04, 11:39 AM
820.11 GB/2.15 TB/2.69

Yep! I'm opening a torrent as we speak!
Old 2005-05-04, 11:43 AM
The Happy Guy
559.93 GB/1.09 TB/1.99

YYYOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-05-04, 11:55 AM
820.11 GB/2.15 TB/2.69

It appears as though the 4 cam U2 dvd has been pulled from Dime. All the audio shows are still there. Just a heads up.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble