The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-24, 03:01 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: What kind of a thread is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag
Somehow I have a feeling that if I keep checking on that Led Zep thread, that I'll think that all of you are either insane, or then your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive...
Well, join in, and see if myth doesn't prove you right.

He's on;y at TTD to troll....that thread is a show I recorded 33 years ago, and the guys slinging the worst repetitive drek are the trolls I mentioned.

You'd think they'd just snatch the show and thank the taper, but nooooo....
Old 2006-09-24, 03:05 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

Come on, do you really think that your "I taped the mighty zep and you didn't even see the band, and wont buwahahaha" post are that different? Or the name calling that you post yourself? If you call the others trolls, then you're doing the exact same thing yourself by baiting them.

The only way that can stop is if one side stops it entirely
Old 2006-09-24, 03:15 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Yes, I do....these guys are posting repeatedly in a thread dedicated to one particular show....Do you think they were sent invitations? Do you join in a thread and attack the taper?

It almost stopped until the arrival of myth and his friend starlifter and Mr. X.

That's when it really broke loose....and I still invite you in to post just what you posted above.

Maybe myth will listen to you, he seems to know you from some other site where he hasn't been banned from yet.

Maybe you can be the voice of reason, what do you think?
Old 2006-09-24, 03:19 PM
368.77 GB/639.95 GB/1.74

I don't know him from that other site, but I believe absolutely everyone who's used it in the recent years knows me, I'm one of the most active operators there. Not even sure if he has the same nick there as he does here.

And again, all that it takes to stop the insults flying left and right is one side of the argument to stop it entirely. If you're not up for it, and they're not up for it, then I suppose it wont stop at all. I don't see how someone completely out of that argument could end it at all. Atleast not unless that person is one of this sites administrators or moderators.
Old 2006-09-24, 06:45 PM
Your worst nightmare.
41.70 GB/18.13 GB/0.43

Quote:
Come on, do you really think that your "I taped the mighty zep and you didn't even see the band, and wont buwahahaha" post are that different? Or the name calling that you post yourself? If you call the others trolls, then you're doing the exact same thing yourself by baiting them.

Heh... I don't go by 'myth' over at the DT forums. And I know that if this type of exchange were to take place there it would have been deleted a long time ago.

And, yes, everyone knows who Borlag is at the DT forums. He's the signature shrinking moderator...
Old 2006-09-24, 07:39 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth
Heh... I don't go by 'myth' over at the DT forums. And I know that if this type of exchange were to take place there it would have been deleted a long time ago.
But you have no problem coming to another site and perpetuating the same behavior you claim to dislike?

Old 2006-09-24, 07:52 PM
Your worst nightmare.
41.70 GB/18.13 GB/0.43

Seriously man... shut up already.
Old 2006-09-24, 07:54 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

You really don't know you're a troll, do you, myth?

Old 2006-09-24, 08:00 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

ok, I haven't read this thread or the other one, but I have 2 questions:
when will this topic be dropped?
can we create a forum dedicated just to these topics since it appears the topic (whatever it may be) will never be dropped?

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-09-24, 10:59 PM
We all walk the Long Road....
75.63 GB/483.42 GB/6.39

why are you even in this thread chachi? run along now....
Old 2006-09-25, 08:57 AM
Billy Joel Kicks Ass!!!!
1.41 TB/677.79 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilovius
The only thing they REALLY deserve is their "treasure"
being stolen from them.....
MHO!
I don't think you are really advocating people breaking into other peoples houses just to steal their master recordings are you? That's definitely crossing the line.
Old 2006-09-25, 09:04 AM
Billy Joel Kicks Ass!!!!
1.41 TB/677.79 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth
Borlag... pay no atttention to freezer. He'll make you think he's being serious about things but it's really all just lies. Ask anybody who's been around here long enough. He's not to be taken seriously... ever.
Hey Myth, I've been arond here longer than you and I think Freezer has many valid points. Care to comment on this like an adult or are you going to resort to spewing your typical run of the mill insults at me?
Old 2006-09-25, 09:06 AM
Billy Joel Kicks Ass!!!!
1.41 TB/677.79 GB/0.47

Quote:
your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive...
The same insults involving trailers, goats and two cent mothers.
Old 2006-09-25, 03:24 PM
dmccabe
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Oh no... the thread moved over to here!

It is a common misconception that the porridge-bird (fictius custardius) lays it's eggs in the air. Certainly, each spring, great flocks of porridge-birds swarm the countryside, raining down porridge, custard and (in extreme cases) yoghurt on unsuspecting passers by. Understandably, this has given rise to the idea that porridge-birds lay their eggs in mid-flight, which then hatch and cover the surrounding area in the aforementioned mess. The fact of the matter is, however, that the porridge-bird lays its eggs in small nests, built in the very tops of elm and oak trees. There, the young porridge-birds hatch from their eggs. The parents then scour the countryside, looking for porridge- and custard trees. (yes, porrdige grows on trees. Yoghurt, however, lives underwater) Once such a tree is spotted, the porridge-bird swoops down, and attempts to catch one of the many feral custards that live on the tree. Due to the nature and consistency of porridge much of the creature will fall from the porridge-birds' clutches before the bird can reach it's nest. This is why -even though porridge-birds do not really lay eggs in the air- it is advisable to take an umbrella along when you enter porridge-bird territory.
Old 2006-09-25, 03:31 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccabe
Oh no... the thread moved over to here!
no it didn't... this one is closed, too

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions