The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2010-01-22, 05:42 AM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
why bother, indeed? you feel entitled to do whatever you want because it's the internet.
don't worry, you're not the first
(and it might be considered free in terms of money exchanging hands, but it's not free in terms of other peoples effort and time)
No, I know how the system works. I passed sixth grade math.

Quote:
Deflecting attention? Another tactic of someone who knows their position is weak. The seeders aren't the issue - unless you want to be one of those silly wanks who complains that your ratio can't improve because other people seed too much. The issue is people who take more than they give back.
You're one of those silly wanks who conveniently forgets or never read what was posted only 2 pages ago. Which is why it's dumb to keep this going.

Quote:
It is nice to see you put a value on what seeders provide, though. Even though it's more rationalizing of your entitled take-what-I-want approach. How about the next person who wants the show? Are you gonna hop on and seed for them? Or are you going to leave it to someone else? We both know the answer to that.
I proposed the idea of a 'rescued torrents' statistic, which would be added to someone's stats if they revive a torrent with no seeders and help stranded leechers complete. I also proposed a 'time seeded' stat, which would indicate that someone is making an effort to seed, even if there are few or no leechers on a torrent. It was mentioned above that some people "don't want to seed." OK, so how does one know who wants to seed and who doesn't? Someone with a low ratio could be seeding some obscure, unpopular shows for months, but since this doesn't show up statistically, they'll still get smacked around for their ratio, with enlightened comments like this: "nice ratio douche! yeah, you're really making an effort to seed."

Interesting that you single minded data transfer neanderthals don't have any comment about that. It'll be about the raw upload and download numbers, and only those numbers until BT is no longer used.

Quote:
so what if you had no internet connection at all? would that mean seeders should send you discs at their expense? (just going with an absurd extension of your logic)
Should they? No, you're missing the whole point....some people offer freebies with no strings. Maybe you think that freebies are absurd, or that those who send them are suckers for not getting anything in return...others call it generosity. As long as people are offering freebies, there will be people who will take them. You're acting like I'm demanding free stuff, or demanding more than I'm entitled to. Au contraire, I'm receiving a gift from people happy to give that gift. From the looks of your ratio, you like giving gifts as well.....or do you just use that big ratio as a cudgel to beat a guilt trip into n00bs who don't fully understand BT yet?

Quote:
So you're basically admitting that you're lazy and impatient.

It's OK, we can get through this together.
Of course! The whole point of all of these rebuttals is to finally admit that I'm lazy and impatient, and that everyone can get to 1:1 no matter how slow their connection is...you just have to work hard enough.

but, but, but!

you must haves it!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-01-22, 05:48 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Peaktime may have a bad ratio, but i don't give a rat's ass about that; the guy is a cool dude, making many fun contributions to The Lounge.
Pervesely, some of the biggest assholes i've come across have possessed superb ratios.
sorry, guys, i'm just not prepared to allow such trivial conditions to design my Christmas Card List.
Taking is an expression of appreciation, and appreciation is has an intrinsic tangential relationship with love. you could say that appreciation is an aspect of love.
when someone hits and runs on one of my uploads, i actually experience orgasm; but that's another thread.
i think it's great when people take music, because it validates the giving of the music.
and as i said before: it's nearly always the cats with the trashy ratios that take the time to say thanks!
Gratitude is also an aspect of love.
if you love the music, take it and give thanks. it could be that when you share the damn stuff back, you wind up sharing the music with someone that doesn't even know how to decode a FLAC file anyhow.
Old 2010-01-22, 05:58 AM
Banned
59.73 GB/17.70 GB/0.30

Brilliant, J.R.!!! Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

In the immortal words of Boston:

Rock and roll band
Everybody's waitin'
Gettin' crazy
Anticipating love and music
Play, play, play, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

And Mooncusser, while we may not see eye to eye on this, I enjoy your humorous lounge posts.
Old 2010-01-22, 06:17 AM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Ewing View Post
you wind up sharing the music with someone that doesn't even know how to decode a FLAC file anyhow.

Isn't that when they shoot at airplanes w/antiaircraft guns, or is that too old-school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2010-01-22, 06:37 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
Isn't that when they shoot at airplanes w/antiaircraft guns, or is that too old-school?
that's right. blistering shards of red-hot metal showering the plane from all directions. rear-gunners were often decapitated.
the old-fashioned stuff is often the best.
Old 2010-01-22, 08:00 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Ewing View Post
that's right. blistering shards of red-hot metal showering the plane from all directions. rear-gunners were often decapitated.
the old-fashioned stuff is often the best.
Sounds like a torrent Alex & possessed would be interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2010-01-22, 11:48 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaktime View Post
There are always going to be a certain number of people who no matter how slow their connection speed, will always maintain a 1:1 ratio for whatever reason. e.g. it could be personal pride, or it could be not wanting to hear criticism. Curious...how many DVDs did you d/l over dial up?

Nothing wrong with vines and B&Ps if you're on dial up, have a small b/w cap, or just can't find certain shows any other way. Why use an old school trading method like snail mail if you don't have to? imo
so basically its "whine whine excuse excuse i'm a greedy leecher" huh? when its really that you just don't care about sharing back

not too mention the part about you havin crappy internet access...i wouldn't call cable/DSL speeds so slow you can't u/l back yer just a greedy leecher, admit it and move on
Old 2010-01-22, 11:51 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
so basically its "whine whine excuse excuse i'm a greedy leecher" huh? you really just don't care about sharing back
freezer?
Old 2010-01-22, 11:57 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

ya had to go and say it, didn't ya dc? now he'll be in here arguing about Led Zep tapes
Old 2010-01-22, 12:52 PM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

kinda like saying "Candyman"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 2010-01-22, 01:01 PM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

one thing the Freezer ain't got to worry about is people having a gripe with his ratio.
Old 2010-01-23, 11:26 AM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Now here's the kind of ass that needs to be shamed. Posted on one of the Jeff Beck torrents.

Quote:
Thank you, but my ears only listen
to 48 BIT-VERSIONS !
Any help or tracker where to find it ?

Thank you

RAMMY
rammsfeld
NAGGISCHSCÄNNER von DAD
167.43 GB/44.97 GB/0.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2010-01-23, 07:17 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

What he needs help in is knowing the difference between bit-depth & sampling rate.

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2010-01-25, 09:50 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Quote:
Thank you, but my ears only listen
to 48 BIT-VERSIONS !
he listens with his ears????
what else would he listen with? his godamn friggin' dick??
Old 2010-01-26, 09:57 PM
Fuck 2024
1.58 TB/3.22 TB/2.04

~Dorothy Parker

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers