The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-02-24, 06:31 PM
62.56 GB/2.24 GB/0.04

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshular View Post
Hello everyone. I'm having an odd issue with TLH 2.8.4. I have several TB of flac files with ffp and st5 that I created in past months/years. When I try to verify them now I get error in red 'format of file 'filename' is not supported.' I can create a new ffp file with those same flac files, but if I try to verify the new ffp file I get that same error. Also, if I try to create a new st5 file I get that same error. Everything was working fine until just recently. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling but still same thing. Very strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I had the same problem. Sometimes the latest is NOT the greatest - new versions of code introduce new bugs.

TLH 2.7.0.172 does not suffer from this issue, 24-bit flac files work as expected in every case. I suspect the newest version of flac.exe is responsible.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-02-24, 09:37 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaggerlee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshular View Post
Hello everyone. I'm having an odd issue with TLH 2.8.4. I have several TB of flac files with ffp and st5 that I created in past months/years. When I try to verify them now I get error in red 'format of file 'filename' is not supported.' I can create a new ffp file with those same flac files, but if I try to verify the new ffp file I get that same error. Also, if I try to create a new st5 file I get that same error. Everything was working fine until just recently. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling but still same thing. Very strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I had the same problem. Sometimes the latest is NOT the greatest - new versions of code introduce new bugs.

TLH 2.7.0.172 does not suffer from this issue, 24-bit flac files work as expected in every case. I suspect the newest version of flac.exe is responsible.
There's indeed an issue with the latest flac.exe - details and workaround see this post.
Old 2022-03-07, 11:55 AM
195.05 GB/483.91 GB/2.48

The below fix also addresses the issue in this thread.

I to have the latest version of TLH: 2.8.4 (Build 185) and suffered from the same issue with 24bit files. TLH also had issues verifying 16/48 ffp's.

I also have FlacFrontend installed on my windows 10 laptop. If you do not have it, you can download/install it from here - http://flacfrontend.sourceforge.net/

1. Renamed flac.exe in traders little helper to flac.tlh located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps
2. Copied flac.exe from flac frontend (C:\Program Files (x86)\FLAC Frontend\tools)
3. Open TLH and test your 24bit and 16/48 ffp's and they should have no issues verifying now
4. From a command prompt you can also check both versions of flac in the traders little helper directory if renamed that according to step 1 above.

TLH version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps>flac.tlh -v
flac 1.3.3

flac frontend version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps>flac.exe -v
flac 1.3.0

Words by Robert Hunter
Old 2022-03-07, 04:37 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfratjoe View Post
The below fix also addresses the issue in this thread.

I to have the latest version of TLH: 2.8.4 (Build 185) and suffered from the same issue with 24bit files. TLH also had issues verifying 16/48 ffp's.

I also have FlacFrontend installed on my windows 10 laptop. If you do not have it, you can download/install it from here - http://flacfrontend.sourceforge.net/

1. Renamed flac.exe in traders little helper to flac.tlh located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps
2. Copied flac.exe from flac frontend (C:\Program Files (x86)\FLAC Frontend\tools)
3. Open TLH and test your 24bit and 16/48 ffp's and they should have no issues verifying now
4. From a command prompt you can also check both versions of flac in the traders little helper directory if renamed that according to step 1 above.

TLH version:
flac 1.3.3

flac frontend version:
flac 1.3.0
Do _not_ use the flac.exe v1.3.0 - use v1.3.2 as described above in my post!!!
Old 2022-03-09, 06:32 PM
195.05 GB/483.91 GB/2.48

### Updated ###

The below fix addresses the recent issue in this thread.

1. Download 1.3.2 flac from https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/xiph/releases/flac/ (https://xiph.org/flac/download.html)
2. Rename flac.exe in traders little helper to flac.tlh located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps
3. Copy the flac.exe you downloaded in step one to C:\Program Files (x86)\Trader's Little Helper\CmdlineApps
4. Open TLH and test your 24bit and 16/48 ffp's and they should have no issues verifying now
5. From a command prompt you can also check both versions of flac in the traders little helper directory if renamed that according to step 1 above.

Broken version:
flac 1.3.3

Good version:
flac 1.3.2

Words by Robert Hunter
Old 2022-03-28, 09:17 AM
80.85 GB/211.41 GB/2.61

FYI, FLAC 1.3.4 also fails, so still stick with 1.3.2.
Old 2022-07-13, 07:01 PM
713.91 GB/3.62 TB/5.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTDaddy View Post
Howdy

I use TLH daily and love it. I'm trying to create checksums of a folder full of Beatle stuff, and I get a message that any file titled "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" "does not exist". Everything else is recognized, but every time THAT name comes up the program skips it. Can anyone enlighten me as to why? Thanks in advance!
Hi all

It was multiple files, all with the same name(s)...and the problem was the dashes. I tried removing the comma, that didn't fix the issue. I removed the dashes and put the comma back in....voila! Problem solved. Just in case someone encounters a similar issue. Thanks!
Old 2022-07-14, 03:32 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Quote:
Howdy

I use TLH daily and love it. I'm trying to create checksums of a folder full of Beatle stuff, and I get a message that any file titled "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" "does not exist". Everything else is recognized, but every time THAT name comes up the program skips it. Can anyone enlighten me as to why? Thanks in advance!
Hi all

It was multiple files, all with the same name(s)...and the problem was the dashes. I tried removing the comma, that didn't fix the issue. I removed the dashes and put the comma back in....voila! Problem solved. Just in case someone encounters a similar issue. Thanks!
Minus sign, dash and hyphen look very similar but have different ANSI/Unicode values. TLH cannot handle Unicode characters (btw, this will change with the new TLH release): if there are Unicode characters in a filename, TLH comes up with this "does not exist" error message.
Old 2022-07-18, 12:27 PM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

I am currently working on a new version of TLH (v3.0.0), which will include Unicode support (as far as possible), a new feature for audio file tagging, support for the WavPack codec, a new feature for spectral analysis of audio files, and a user manual, in addition to some improvements.

Unfortunately, it turned out that programming all these features takes much more time than I expected. And then there's Murphy's Law....

So, in the hope that enough people will be found who would like to test the program, there will be some alpha and beta versions in the next months (the current 3.0.0 alpha 1 can be downloaded from the TLH homepage now). Any comments, suggestions, requests, bug reports, questions, whatever, will be greatly appreciated!

BTW, alpha and beta versions are always installed and can be used in parallel with an already installed 2.x.x version (the already existing one is not deleted/upgraded but remains untouched).
Old 2022-12-11, 02:58 PM
690.44 GB/2.18 TB/3.23

I tried the above fixes for TLH 2.8.4 with no luck.
Old 2023-07-04, 02:47 PM
1.18 TB/89.17 TB/75.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
I am currently working on a new version of TLH (v3.0.0), which will include Unicode support (as far as possible), a new feature for audio file tagging, support for the WavPack codec, a new feature for spectral analysis of audio files, and a user manual, in addition to some improvements.

Unfortunately, it turned out that programming all these features takes much more time than I expected. And then there's Murphy's Law....

So, in the hope that enough people will be found who would like to test the program, there will be some alpha and beta versions in the next months (the current 3.0.0 alpha 1 can be downloaded from the TLH homepage now). Any comments, suggestions, requests, bug reports, questions, whatever, will be greatly appreciated!

BTW, alpha and beta versions are always installed and can be used in parallel with an already installed 2.x.x version (the already existing one is not deleted/upgraded but remains untouched).

Any plans on making it open-source and posting it to GitHub so others can contribute?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...rents&u=413899
Old 2023-07-05, 09:46 AM
TTD Staff
1.24 TB/594.30 GB/0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMysticMuse View Post
Any plans on making it open-source and posting it to GitHub so others can contribute?
Nope.
Old 2023-07-05, 10:12 AM
1.18 TB/89.17 TB/75.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
Nope.
Roger that!

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...rents&u=413899
Old 2023-07-10, 03:20 AM
476.28 GB/931.53 GB/1.96

any possibility of a linux binary? tried running it under wine and it reported :"an OS error occurred while executing the DOS subcomponent "

im trying to test a large library of flac files and flac command line doesnt work so great

find -type f -iname '*.flac' -print0 | xargs --null flac -t -w -s

tests ok but doesnt work so well because its a huge library and its output is

filename: error

i need

/full/path/to/filename:error

(like TLH outputs)

otherwise i cant find the errors easily as many filenames are similar
Old 2023-07-10, 03:22 AM
476.28 GB/931.53 GB/1.96

also whats the easiest way to integrate flac 1.4.3 into an existing build?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
tlh, traders little helper