The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-09-04, 05:33 PM
271.92 GB/99.91 GB/0.37

When CheckSum files don't check??

What is one to do if after spending a week or 2 downloading a large file(s) and you run a checksum but some of the files have changed - it's a video and 13 of the files have changed - it runs ok but how do I fix or what should/can I do (if anything) - is this common - should I then resave a new checksum for checking integrity later on - should I try the download again - should I ask on the torrent comments if anyone else is/has had the same problem?? the torrent in question is still up and running (8-11-79 knebworth) a ZEP video.

Thanks a bunch!

Dan
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-09-04, 06:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: When CheckSum files don't check??

If you start the torrent again, it should 'correct' your files for you. But, if after they get 'corrected' you are still having problems, the best thing to do is ask in the thread if anyone else is having problems getting the files to verify. That will usually alert users so they go and verify the files (not everyone verifies them right away and getting a question about it usually makes people check right then) and then they will either post back saying they had the same problem (in which case the seeder will take notice and probably reseed) or say they had no problem (in which case it is probably you and you should post here and get some help trying to resolve it).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble