The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-04, 04:50 PM
36.83 GB/111.22 GB/3.02

Seeding with Azureus

Previously, I was using Mainline client 4.4.1. I got tired of having to download the entire contents of a seed if I only wanted specific files, so I tried switching to Azureus 2.5. This seemed to work fine for downloading, and for sharing anything downloaded, but I ran into trouble today when I tried to start a new seed: Although Azureus showed me as "seeding", I never seemed to show up as a seeder here on the TTD tracker. I tried re-downloading the .torrent file, and as soon as Azureus finished checking the folder, it showed me as seeding, but again, I never showed up as a seeder on TTD, no matter how long I left it running.

The same torrent works fine with mainline 4.4.1, which I've gone back to for the time being. I'm pretty sure I must just have one of the settings misconfigured in Azureus, but damned if I know which one. Does anyone here have any ideas how to fix this?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-04, 04:54 PM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Re: Seeding with Azureus

I seem to be in a similar situation - I can only get it to start seeding if I open the torrent file AFTER a leecher has connected; i.e. the thread shows 0 seeders, and 1 or more leechers, if I then open the torrent file, it starts seeding. If I have the torrent file seeding, and a leecher connects, it just hangs.....

Regards, Graham
Old 2007-08-04, 06:03 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Azureus does something weird if you are the original seeder and you start the torrent - the first time you do it, it gives you a tracker error (even though it tells you that you are in seed mode). So, you need to stop, remove the torrent, download the torrent a second time, and start that torrent. Hopefully the second time is a charm.

Old 2007-08-05, 09:38 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Azureus does something weird if you are the original seeder and you start the torrent - the first time you do it, it gives you a tracker error (even though it tells you that you are in seed mode). So, you need to stop, remove the torrent, download the torrent a second time, and start that torrent. Hopefully the second time is a charm.
i run into that a lot...sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries to get Azureus and the tracker going proper, but it always works itself out eventually
Old 2007-08-06, 12:21 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne

Yes, I use Azureus and that is the process I go through. It always works on the second download of the torrent file.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:43 AM
883.40 GB/758.43 GB/0.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet
Yes, I use Azureus and that is the process I go through. It always works on the second download of the torrent file.
Ditto.
Old 2007-08-08, 08:11 PM
ajkach
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Is there a way to get Azureus to share?
So far I've only been able to download, but haven't figured out how to let others download from me without seeding.

I used to use BitTorrent and it was part of the program, but for whatever reason, BitTorrent doesn't work for me anymore (I get some crazy error everytime).

If Azureus doesn't allow people to share, is there another good program?

Andy
Old 2007-08-19, 07:01 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I seeded a show today and did something different and I didn't have to go through this stupid routine of removing and restarting the torrent. When I opened the torrent this time, under the heading "Add Mode", instead of leaving it at the default of "Queued", I changed it to "Seeding" and the torrent went straight into seed mode. It didn't check my files or anything, just straight to the bottom half of the window and into the status of "Seeding". I looked in the Files tab for the show and it showed all the files at 100%. Tracker status was at OK and everything was fine.

I don't know if just changing it to "Seeding" in the Add Mode 'fixed' this problem for me, or if it was the new update in Azureus this morning, but I am so happy to have this fixed!!

Old 2007-08-19, 07:51 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

I never have problems seeding with Azureus. Could be something with all your settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble