The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2011-11-20, 01:22 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

Question Questionable Trader: chris333

Also goes by Christian from Argentina..

Got in touch about a GNR master he had to trade, sent me a sample of WTTJ and I liked it. Looking on YouTube I found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXXygPrC3kE

Same angle, he is trying to sell the DVD after asking me for a trade for one of my masters.

Watch out for this guy, had a shady deal with him fall through last year when he was to send me master files and I received a DVD of cell phone/digital camera footage....

Websites:
http://chrisbootlegs.zobyhost.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXXygPrC3kE

E-Mail:
christianmarvassio (at) gmail (dot) com
chrisbootlegs.com.ar

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-11-20, 03:14 PM
147.92 GB/106.06 GB/0.72

Re: BAD TRADER: chris333

I'm in the middle of a trade with him right now. I can't say yet if it's good or bad, though it's been 2 months and I'm still waiting...waiting... It took over a month for the dvds I sent to reach him in Argentina, and I expect it'll take as long for the ones he sends to get to me, so we'll see.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:35 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Re: Bad Trader: chris333

I have visited the YouTube link and the website and to be honest I can't see anything that indicates he is selling bootlegs. On his website he talks about trading and there are no prices mentioned anywhere on the site. Some of the reactions on youtube are people saying they would really like to have this DVD and ask him if there is a possibility to get a hold of it. If his answer would be something like: just send me some blanks and postage, or the costs of shipment, I'm okay with that. But you specifically say: "he is trying to sell the DVD after asking me for a trade for one of my masters." IMO accusing someone of being a bootleg seller is a bold statement, but may be you know something we don't.

You also say that "I received a DVD of cell phone/digital camera footage....". On his website it says that the equipment he is using for shooting video are a Sony HDR-CX150 (digital camcorder) and a Sony DSC-HX9V (digital camera). So may be the camera was used for filming that particular show. If you look at each webpage for a video, the source and source notes are mentioned.
Old 2011-11-21, 07:47 AM
1.20 TB/2.75 TB/2.30

I have traded with him many times over the years, and each one was a pleasent experience. For me, he is a great trader concerned about giving quality shows and receiving them. I have also never known him to sell.

The only downfalls are not ones of his, but of his country's, as postage is higher to send there than most other places in the world and the mail takes interminably long. 2 months is about how long it usually takes, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

My feedback: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=56477

Comics, movies and more - http://thetelltalemind.com/
Old 2011-11-26, 08:56 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabulon View Post
I have visited the YouTube link and the website and to be honest I can't see anything that indicates he is selling bootlegs. On his website he talks about trading and there are no prices mentioned anywhere on the site. Some of the reactions on youtube are people saying they would really like to have this DVD and ask him if there is a possibility to get a hold of it. If his answer would be something like: just send me some blanks and postage, or the costs of shipment, I'm okay with that. But you specifically say: "he is trying to sell the DVD after asking me for a trade for one of my masters." IMO accusing someone of being a bootleg seller is a bold statement, but may be you know something we don't.

You also say that "I received a DVD of cell phone/digital camera footage....". On his website it says that the equipment he is using for shooting video are a Sony HDR-CX150 (digital camcorder) and a Sony DSC-HX9V (digital camera). So may be the camera was used for filming that particular show. If you look at each webpage for a video, the source and source notes are mentioned.
The comments in the section say "How much?", "How can I buy?" and here's a reply directly from him.

Justifies it by saying it's not only his angle - nor his master files. Selling is selling and when you offer to trade me an exclusive, only person getting the show - it does not warrant you to lend it to a friend to use it in a mix. Don't get me wrong he shot it he can do whatever he wants with it - but to offer a trade for it and then go and sell it... that's fucking bullshit.

He doesn't sell on his website, he sells through his YouTube apparently "only to his country men" which is pretty shitty to me. I've had people contact me through the GNR tracker saying that he is selling it - not asking for just B&P.

The cell phone/digital camera version was a show from the last time GNR came to South America. He promised master files shot with a HD camcorder and I received a watermarked cell phone/digital camera DVD. Apparently recently he acquired the newer cameras - and shot the angle he is now selling. I just want to warn people of what happened to me so it doesn't happen to them.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:54 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotis View Post
I just want to warn people of what happened to me so it doesn't happen to them.
That is a nice thing to do.
Old 2011-11-27, 07:35 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabulon View Post
That is a nice thing to do.
I know - thank you.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:56 PM
147.92 GB/106.06 GB/0.72

Re: Questionable Trader: chris333

I'm still waiting for my DVDs to arrive...stiiiiiill waitingggg...
It's been more than 3 months since we agreed on a trade

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders