The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-31, 12:19 PM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Trouble Uploading...

I don't consider myself stupid by any means, but I'm having trouble uploading a show. I created a torrent with the latest BitTorrent, used the proper announce URL, and (thought I) uploaded my torrent. I don't see it any where. Could someone help me with this please? The torrent title is "Fleetwood Mac First Concert Windsor Racecourse". Would appreciate any assistance offered please..
since 2002
".ili...friends don't let friends encode lossy...ili."
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-31, 12:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Trouble Uploading...

After you uploaded the torrent file, did you remember to hit the "Submit New Thread" button on the main page? That is the button that creates the thread with the torrent.

Old 2007-02-01, 09:53 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I was able to rectify yesterdays problem..today presents a new one. I ditched the other torrent creators and installed uTorrent. I was able to successfully create 3 new torrents yesterday, all of which eventually went smoothly. My problem today is that I am unable to create the torrent file itself, it will not upload to the torrent upload page. I get a message something along the lines of "unable to move temporary"...yada..."line 227"... Can you help with this? I'm really NOT stupid, but I have no idea why I was successful yesterday, but fail today....
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 10:00 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNKFLYD
As you may (or may not) have noticed, I was able to rectify yesterdays problem..today presents a new one. I ditched the other torrent creators and installed uTorrent. I was able to successfully create 3 new torrents yesterday, all of which eventually went smoothly. My problem today is that I am unable to create the torrent file itself, it will not upload to the torrent upload page. I get a message something along the lines of "unable to move temporary"...yada..."line 227"... Can you help with this? I'm really NOT stupid, but I have no idea why I was successful yesterday, but fail today....
this is the actual error message:
Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpoUEFMZ' to '/home/thetradersden/attachments/88fa38dfba1fe2475a506cc32dc160ea' in /includes/functions_file.php on line 277
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 10:21 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Does your torrent name have slashes "/" in it? It should not. Make sure the name only has letters, numbers, and dashes "-" or underscores "_" in it (besides the ".torrent" at the end).

Old 2007-02-01, 10:29 AM
399.79 GB/1.35 TB/3.46

I can't upload either. (torrent file)

I just get a blank screen. I've deleted my cookies.
Old 2007-02-01, 11:02 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Should be OK now.

(You DON'T want to know what was wrong!)

Old 2007-02-01, 11:43 AM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Should be OK now.

(You DON'T want to know what was wrong!)
well, because im a technical freak, maybe I do..lol...in any event, all is OK now Lynne...thank you!
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 11:53 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Ah, well, OK. I was doing something on the site the other day getting ready for the server move and accidentatlly changed permissions on the backup folder. This meant the backups were not getting moved to the folder but were being left in the original folder. So, the torrents are about 70 MB. Then the torrent backup gets left in the torrent folder and the next night the backup is twice as big - 140 MG. Then, the next night, twice as big again..... until we had a 19 GB (!?!?!) backup of the torrents sitting in the torrent folder and the harddrive was full.

(BTW, you don't need to bold all your posts, I can see them just fine without. )

Old 2007-02-01, 12:03 PM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Ok, thats what I needed to know, that it wasn't my cobbled-together network set-up (running a "fake" server is harder than people realize)...

RE: (BTW, you don't need to bold all your posts, I can see them just fine without. )..
Lynne, Im almost 50, I can't see crap that isn't bolded...;-)
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 12:04 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Ok, thats what I needed to know, that it wasn't my cobbled-together network set-up (running a "fake" server is harder than people realize)...
Running a "real" one isn't much fun either.
Quote:
RE: (BTW, you don't need to bold all your posts, I can see them just fine without. )..
Lynne, Im almost 50, I can't see crap that isn't bolded...;-)

OK then, maybe I should post in bold when replying to you.

Old 2007-02-01, 12:13 PM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

RE: OK then, maybe I should post in bold when replying to you.

my cat (Floyd, wonder where I got that name) is wondering why I am laughing at my computer...!
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 12:37 PM
real.serious.music.
189.36 GB/408.85 GB/2.16

Hey Lynne, I got one for you...

Im using using uTorrent as a client..is there a specific port TTD uses that I can specify as an incoming port for reference in port-forwarding? I already have a set range of ports dedicated to TTD, but if I knew the specific port TTD uses to I can specify that in port-forwarding as oppsed to just opening a value range..gotta keep out the scu you know what I mean? And uTorrent DOES have the option of port-direction, but that is not quite the same as port-forwarding. I'm not looking for any secrets, just if there is a specific port TTD uses as an incoming port...thank you very much for your help.
(notice the lack of boldness....)
since 2002
Old 2007-02-01, 12:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The current tracker that TTD is using does not have a specific port. I am hoping to move to a non-php based tracker in the near future (after we get the new servers up and running smoothly) and that one will have a specific port. I think that is what you are asking about..... you aren't firewalled, so you did your port forwarding correctly, so all is so far good with your settings.

Old 2007-02-21, 01:44 PM
129.48 GB/280.70 GB/2.17

Ok, I have another trouble. I'm trying to upload a bunch of Nirvana shows from 1993. Since I messed it up 2 times, i tried typing "xyz" instead of info and fingerprints. However, editing just doesn't seem to work. After pasting the appropriate I keep getting this message:

1. Please complete both the subject and message fields. Press the back button, correct the problem and try again.
2. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

I also get the same message when trying to paste the info in the comments. Is there an ultimate limit to the amount of the text one can paste? And if so, how can it be overcome?

Sincerely Yours,
salasisalik

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble