The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should we ban mindless leechers?
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 1.0 27 4.03%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.75 29 4.33%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.50 131 19.55%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.25 158 23.58%
No, not under any circumstances. Let karma take over! 201 30.00%
Give them a warning and allow them to make up for their wrongdoing by ul'ing constantly. 177 26.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-19, 05:32 AM
395.43 GB/138.30 GB/0.35

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

I honestly dont care about my ratio on this site because most of you are raging assholes. I had started to upload my entire catalog of video masters but stopped on the first one (Pearl Jam College Park MD 1992) because of the amount of shitty pm's I got from leechers who didn't like my transfer methods and demanded I mail them my masters. This is by far the worst community on the web.

The other thing, 95% of the stuff that gets uploaded to this site is garbage. Not true? Thats why you average about 20 downloads per torrent. You cant give away the crap you people post.

You can absolutely ban me. Oh god, I might miss the next "Christian Death" video or *gasp*....dont make me miss that new Kingdom Come pro shot. Seriously, most of you need a reality check and a trip out of moms basement. You give this much thought to something thats supposed to be fun but no, lets start a thread about how much people arent giving you. Assholes.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-08-19, 07:22 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDVidGuy View Post
The other thing, 95% of the stuff that gets uploaded to this site is garbage. Not true? Thats why you average about 20 downloads per torrent. You cant give away the crap you people post.
Well, you somehow managed to download 395GB of that "garbage." So either it's apparently not all crap, or you're not as discerning as you seem to want to appear.

I wouldn't be likely to download a Christian Death vid either, but I also wouldn't download a Pearl Jam video. Different strokes.

Maybe your problem is with the gimme-gimme attitude of the Pearl Jam community and not with the site? It seems your issues are with the leechers from one torrent. You'll always deal with the PMs, wherever you go...comes with being a taper. And while the transfer method isn't optimal, who cares. It's allowable here. Taping a live show, lots of things aren't optimal.

I have no horse in the race, so if you feel you must leave, do as you will. I just don't think you should let the results of one torrent affect your actions.

Have a good day either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2009-08-19, 11:44 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

I've seen him sucking down a number of my garbage torrents.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:11 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
...... but no, lets start a thread about how much people arent giving you. Assholes.
There's more of those threads in the Lounge, where demanding has become part and parcel of the hobby for a lot of folks.

Exit this forum, take a left, and you can't miss it, you'll know it from the smell of greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2009-08-21, 09:48 AM
Zymocenosilicaphobic
29.67 GB/98.85 GB/3.33

Quote:
I honestly dont care about my ratio ......
You can absolutely ban me.......
Could someone please give this cock jockey what he wants and ban him. This is the worst of the worst.

MDVidGuy -> "I'm going to be the biggest asshole and take everything I can because everyone here is an asshole".

Seven year old children are more mature then this asshhat.

------------------------------------
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean.
------------------------------------
Old 2009-08-22, 07:09 AM
DMBdvds.com Redux
465.92 GB/535.63 GB/1.15

not sure how i think about this. i've uploaded a crapton of dvds to this server but always suffer from an upload cap of 70kb/s. the dvd i just uploaded i know for a fact helped out someone people like crazy. i think crumbo alone uploaded over 300gbs worth of it before one person completed the download. i know several dozen people more then benefited from this torrent alone, but my ratio is slightly under 1.00 and i see nothing wrong with it.
Old 2009-08-22, 10:43 AM
KING OF '77
486.64 GB/735.72 GB/1.51

MDVidGuy
395.43 GB/138.30 GB/0.35

Should we ban thoughtless leechers?
Old 2009-08-22, 03:43 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
Bravo!!!!!! I was posting to point out the inconsistency of thought...I upload shows because I want to...not because someone forces me to. I expect nothing in return...Anything I get is a bonus...I would record the shows that I do regardless. I record because I want the music...and because I want the music, I think that there might be others out there who want the same, but for whatever reason, are not able to get it on their own...Giving it to them is just a bonus...more enjoyment = better life.

I also enjoy turning people on to music they had no chance of hearing without sites like this!

thanks everybody
Old 2009-08-29, 08:43 AM
Misanthropic Insomniac
53.16 GB/54.32 GB/1.02

Quote:
I honestly dont care about my ratio on this site because most of you are raging assholes. I had started to upload my entire catalog of video masters but stopped on the first one (Pearl Jam College Park MD 1992) because of the amount of shitty pm's I got from leechers who didn't like my transfer methods and demanded I mail them my masters. This is by far the worst community on the web.

You can absolutely ban me. Oh god, I might miss the next "Christian Death" video or *gasp*....dont make me miss that new Kingdom Come pro shot. Seriously, most of you need a reality check and a trip out of moms basement. You give this much thought to something thats supposed to be fun but no, lets start a thread about how much people arent giving you. Assholes.
Bye!

Old 2009-08-29, 09:05 AM
KING OF '77
486.64 GB/735.72 GB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersauze View Post
Bye!

Yeah, no shit...this MD tosser sounds like one of these people who, when at work, sits on his ass while everybody else does the work...and he then sits back and takes all the credit for it in the end. I bet he personally never filmed any of his supposed video "masters"...just another fuckin' whiner who wants everybody to do things their way, yet we're the assholes. Sorry; people like this piss me off to no end. I wonder if this waterhead realizes that this is one of the very few online music trading sites where QUALITY takes precedence over QUANTITY.

I say ban his leeching ass...if it hasn't been done already.
Old 2009-08-29, 06:52 PM
Misanthropic Insomniac
53.16 GB/54.32 GB/1.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugofuguzev View Post
Yeah, no shit...this MD tosser sounds like one of these people who, when at work, sits on his ass while everybody else does the work...and he then sits back and takes all the credit for it in the end. I bet he personally never filmed any of his supposed video "masters"...just another fuckin' whiner who wants everybody to do things their way, yet we're the assholes. Sorry; people like this piss me off to no end. I wonder if this waterhead realizes that this is one of the very few online music trading sites where QUALITY takes precedence over QUANTITY.

I say ban his leeching ass...if it hasn't been done already.
I say leave him be...he doesn't care, let him prove it by never logging in again.

Leave the apple dangling in front of him tied to his forehead.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:16 AM
Pothead
353.31 GB/1.25 TB/3.62

He's sooo busy that he only has time to D/L from all these sites...

Dime - User account MDVidGuy

Join date 2008-01-01 08:07 GMT (87 weeks ago)
Last seen 2009-09-02 02:10 GMT (9 hours ago)
Uploaded 1.19 TB
Downloaded 2.21 TB
Share ratio 0.54

Jam To This - mdvidguy
Rookie
D/L - 17.20 GB
U/L - 4.36 GB
Share Ratio 0.25

TTD
MDVidGuy
395.43 GB/138.30 GB/0.35
Yep I'm in the wrong place. I'm looking for a place with real human beings not a bunch of self-righteous arrogant mental dickheads. Fuck iPod. Fuck Apple. Fuck haters of rare music, imports, out-of-print material, transcribed vinyl, and the rest of you low-brow rude snobs.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:03 PM
6.05 GB/6.51 GB/1.08

this is a tough one to answer. i only recently was introduced to this site and as a result i downloaded about 5 older torrents and after completing, my ratio was 0.21. i seeded them for 4-5 days after, i still am, but because noone was dowlloading them my ratio was stuck at around 0.21. if it wasnt for 2 newer torrent becoming available i would take absolutely ages to get my ratio up to a respectable level.

only because i have seeded 1 of these new torrents to a ratio of nearly 4 have i bin able to get my ratio up, otherwise i'd be fooked!

if there was a ban imposed would i have ever got the chance to make it right?

i'm like most people and would like to see everyone seed at least up to a 1.0 ratio but sometimes its not possible. theres about another 5-10 torrents i would love to d/load in here but i know my ratio is gonna plummet from doing so as they are older torrents too, so ive held off.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:39 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobc View Post
if there was a ban imposed would i have ever got the chance to make it right?
While we don't do so, most sites that ban based on ratio only ban you from further downloading. You are still able to upload torrents you already have downloaded & you are able to upload new torrents.

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2009-09-07, 12:59 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

As I am new to this site and do NOT have bad intentions I would love to have Pearl Jam video for my collection. If someone would be kind enough to explain how this works so there is no misunderstandings I would love to share Pearl Jam I am new to torrent files but am eager to learn the rules and how to's.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers