The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-01-22, 10:47 PM
fenderstrat
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Torrent Client Question

hi guys, i am pretty new to this, i used to trade cassettes back in like 1996 or so.

anyway, my question is, has anyone decided that XX is the best client to download with?

i am using azerues and it is good but always looking for better.

also i am downloading something now with 1 seeder and 170 peers, the seeder is not connected and only like 70 peers are, can i make it connect?

thanks,
aaron
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-01-22, 10:52 PM
We only have one song
799.33 MB/3.84 GB/4.92

Re: Torrent Client Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderstrat
hi guys, i am pretty new to this, i used to trade cassettes back in like 1996 or so.

anyway, my question is, has anyone decided that XX is the best client to download with?

i am using azerues and it is good but always looking for better.

also i am downloading something now with 1 seeder and 170 peers, the seeder is not connected and only like 70 peers are, can i make it connect?

thanks,
aaron
Bit Tornado has worked very well for me. http://www.bittornado.com/

And if the seeder isn't connected, I don't know, maybe send him a PM. Best bet is that they just got disconnected somehow and with a little time they will notice and set things right.
Old 2005-01-22, 10:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'll bet he can't see the seeder because the seeder is in Super-Seed mode!

Also, as always, make sure your ports are forwarded. One seeder and that many peers means just hold on and wait. Meanwhile, you are helping other people to upload the show.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-01-22, 10:59 PM
The Dude abides...
7.86 GB/153.60 MB/0.02

Lynne, how do u surf TTD so fast? anyone in need of help is destined for your help in seconds...
Old 2005-01-22, 11:04 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan811
Lynne, how do u surf TTD so fast? anyone in need of help is destined for your help in seconds...
I'm guessing good internet connection and multiple tabs open at once. That or omniscience.
Old 2005-01-22, 11:04 PM
fenderstrat
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

guys i just realized i put this in the wrong place, sorry.

i am not using the windows firewall, i am using the one that came with my isp, it seems to be very good, so that link to the port stuff did not help, but thank you so much for responding.
Old 2005-01-22, 11:09 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderstrat
guys i just realized i put this in the wrong place, sorry.

i am not using the windows firewall, i am using the one that came with my isp, it seems to be very good, so that link to the port stuff did not help, but thank you so much for responding.
Is the health icon on your torrent green or yellow? Or is it blue or black? If it's green, you're fine; if it's yellow, it's the firewall (but it should be fixable if you know the router model); and if it's blue or black, there's next to nothing you can do about it.
Old 2005-01-22, 11:15 PM
fenderstrat
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

all is green...
i am on 3mbs cable (which we all know is not 3mbs) i am impatient, i got a dvd burner today and really want to make something but have to actually get it downloaded first hahaha...
Old 2005-01-22, 11:17 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

fender, do you have a router? You need to forward your ports through that router for best connection. However, I am still thinking perhaps your seed is in SS mode and that may be why you don't see him. You will not be speeding along at 1/170!

Evan, firefox tabs, fast connection speeds and being on here at the right time. I jump on here for quick bursts a few times a day and get many posts in just like that. Oh, and I type fast! But hey, one of my title's here was Queen of the Universe, so who knows, maybe omniscience plays a part.

Old 2005-01-22, 11:23 PM
fenderstrat
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

nah no router.
using a standard cable modem.
i am connected to 77 of the 172 peers...

like i said just an impatient person

thanks though!!!!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble