The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-25, 04:37 AM
nosfell
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I don't know if this will help. I'm on BitTornado version T-0.3.12
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-25, 04:43 AM
PyRo UK
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I just found the old unpersonalised version of "Jimmy Page & Black Crowes dvd" running in Azureus. Its still downloading, which confuses me
Is it simply becuase the seeders haven't read this thread yet?

*Update* I just looked back and I have the "invalid passkey" error, but the thing's still downloading!
Old 2006-05-25, 05:02 AM
305.44 GB/244.46 GB/0.80

Hey. I'm using a Mac 10.4.6 (ppc) with BitTorrent 4.4.1 to dl The Beatles Get Back, and when I first redownloaded the torrent file and tried it I got the "Aborting Torrent" error. So then I completely uninstalled BitTorrent - to do this, you must delete:

the BitTorrent app
the folder at: username/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent
the file at: username/Library/Preferences/com.BitTorrent.BitTorrent.plist

After reinstalling BitTorrent, the torrent is now downloading again at normal speeds, but I'm getting this error every few minutes: "rejected by tracker - info_hash error: torrent not registered...". Since I only have 10 min. left I'm letting it finish, but I assume this error means my ratio/GBs won't change which isn't good, so I'll need to switch to Azureus for now, right?

UPDATE: now getting "piece 702 failed hash check" (the last piece in the torrent), and restarting the download doesn't help (it probably would help if things were working normally), so there's definitely a problem there > time for Azureus...

-Chris
Old 2006-05-25, 05:39 AM
tkozal
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfell

I don't know if this will help. I'm on BitTornado version T-0.3.12

Same error this AM on a new torrent. Bittornado 0.3.9
Old 2006-05-25, 06:09 AM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Hi Lynne,

The passkey does not seem to be working with Shadow's Experimental Bit Torrent Client which I use on dimeadozen.org.

I have just downloaded the azureus client and will try that now.

MM
Old 2006-05-25, 06:29 AM
TTD VIP
1.37 TB/1.13 TB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman
Hi Lynne,

The passkey does not seem to be working with Shadow's Experimental Bit Torrent Client which I use on dimeadozen.org.

I have just downloaded the azureus client and will try that now.

MM
The passkey does seem to work just fine with Azureus client. I downloaded ths software and configured it, and I am running just fine.

Thanks.

If someone can tell me how to get the passkey to work with Shadow's I would appreciate it, but if not, no biggie.

Cheers, MM
Old 2006-05-25, 06:41 AM
chankos
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I use Bittorrent 4.2.2. Like many of the others here, i cannot download any new torrents without getting an error message.

However, in the course of reading through these posts, someone (can't remember who, sorry) stated that Dimeadozen.org already uses this passkey function. And i've never had any problems with Dime (d/loading through them now as we speak).

So i guess what i'm saying here is this: I'm assuming that The Traders Den will not end up being a torrent site where you can't use Bittorrent- it's just changed to this new system and it needs to get these problems fixed so that, in a short while, people who are using Bittorrent can still d/load and u/load as before.

Is that right?

Last edited by chankos; 2006-05-25 at 06:48 AM.
Old 2006-05-25, 06:49 AM
159.76 GB/3.12 TB/19.99

I use ABC 3.1 and get the following error when trying to seed torrents:

Rejected by tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I previously downloaded Smashing Pumpkins 4/7/1996 and PHish 1/3/2003 DVD's, and am trying to keep seeding them, so I deleted the old .torrent files, downloaded the new ones, then reloaded them into ABC, but I got that error numerous times.

Perhaps I should get uTorrent up and running in the meantime... or any other suggestions? thanks
Old 2006-05-25, 07:26 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

People please take the time to read the entire thread. Many of the same questions and errors (and their solutions) keep getting posted. Here's the situation:

1. If you didn't download the new torrent file you may still be uploading and downloading. The problem is you aren't on the new tracker (like all of the other people you are connected to). That's why the seeder/leecher stats in your client don't match those on the Audio or Video BT page, which shows the stats for the new tracker.

2. If you are using many clients, such as the original BT client, BitComet, BitTornado, Shadow's client, ABC and some others, you may be getting error messages and cannot connect to anyone or upload/download. For the moment these clients are not working with our new system but eventually they will.

3. There are two clients that DEFNITELY work right now: Azureus and uTorent. There are links to download these clients at the top of every forum page. Azureus gets a bad rap for some reson but it really is a very nice client.

4. Mac users: Azureus is not usually a resource hog (as it has been rumored to be on PCs). I personally use that client and have had zero problems with it, just make sure your Java is updated. Please give that a shot or try Tomato Torrent:
http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/
There are other clients besides the original client and Azureus and Tomato torrent, feel free to try any of these others, such as Trasmission (this link is a search for "Bit torrent" at versiontracker.com):
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...acosx&x=16&y=7

5. If you are using Azureus or uTorrent and are not immeditaely showing up on the tracker page (or are getting random errors) please simply be patient. Many of these errors go away if you let the client be for a little bit!

6. Many torrents are not going to be well seeded at the moment since everyone who was using this site before yesterday needs to come back here, redownload their torrent files, and restart their torrents. This will not happen immediately. Please be patent!

7. Lastly, please do not freak out. The site just underwent a major change. As expected there are some growing pains associated with this. thetradersden will continue to be a great torrent site for the forseeable future so please just be patient. Everything will be back to normal soon.
Old 2006-05-25, 07:30 AM
chankos
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks!
Old 2006-05-25, 07:34 AM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman
The passkey does seem to work just fine with Azureus client. I downloaded ths software and configured it, and I am running just fine.

Thanks.

If someone can tell me how to get the passkey to work with Shadow's I would appreciate it, but if not, no biggie.

Cheers, MM
Matt- we (and by we I mean Lynne) will eventually get it figured out so that all clients will work with the new tracker. It just needs a little time. In the meantime enjoy Azureus, you may never go back to your old one...
Old 2006-05-25, 08:38 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
People please take the time to read the entire thread. Many of the same questions and errors (and their solutions) keep getting posted. Here's the situation:

you think people who cant read the message at the top of every forum page are gonna take time to read this whole thread
...your faith in humanity amazes me my friend
Old 2006-05-25, 08:56 AM
61.04 GB/46.16 GB/0.76

I have a problem. I was downloading some dvd with bitlord. And when i redownload new torrent file, bitlord doesn't work. It says something like this...
Error tracker response: info_hash error: torrent not registered with this tracker
when i tried to download it with another tracker it strarted from the begining. I had 85percent ...Is there any way to donwload missing part or have i download it whole again?
Old 2006-05-25, 09:02 AM
170.88 GB/91.01 GB/0.53

Thumbs up Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

i'm happy with the azureus as it gave back functionality i used to have in an older version of bittorando. that was to be able to control which files within a torrent i download. good for sampling and not waste time downloading complete if not really interested or quality not as expected etc.

i'll learn all the various features of azureus as it has much more then other bt clients.

in the end a client only gets us the stuff we want, so no problem switching clients
Old 2006-05-25, 09:05 AM
170.88 GB/91.01 GB/0.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sats
I have a problem. I was downloading some dvd with bitlord. And when i redownload new torrent file, bitlord doesn't work. It says something like this...
Error tracker response: info_hash error: torrent not registered with this tracker
when i tried to download it with another tracker it strarted from the begining. I had 85percent ...Is there any way to donwload missing part or have i download it whole again?

i would check the destination? the clients should see the exist download and pick up from where it was left

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions