The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-24, 11:12 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I'm just happy I'm still uploading, since I'm out of town right now I can't restart my home laptop if that were to be a problem with this switch over (I don't have anything to upload on my business laptop at the moment)

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-24, 11:13 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Just an FYI my Tracker Status in uTorrent is now reporting
Failure: Invalid peer_id (19 - -UT1500-%B5%81%C6%88%88%F0%93rH%CD%DD)

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-05-24, 11:15 PM
Dr. Woof Woof Lombardi
1.03 TB/1.75 TB/1.70

Hey: I wanted to thank Lynne and all the TTD staff for making this happen. I know it'll take a while for all the kinks to get straightened out, so I'm a gonna try and be patient, and I'm sure it will improve the quality of the site in the long run. I do use Azureus, and I just tried to start d/ling a torrent (GD 3.31.85) as a test, and it tells me that I am firewalled, even though I haven't changed a single setting on my hardware or software, and I am never usually indicated as being firewalled. Any suggestions? Other than that, everything's cool.
Old 2006-05-24, 11:27 PM
onemysticlove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thumbs up Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Kudos to Lynne and the rest of the staff! Undergoing such a dramatic change isn't easy for any kind of staff. As members, we are lucky to have staff blessed with the foresight to make a change for the better. My most recent error in my 4.4.1 BitTorrent for Mac client reads as follows:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I'm working on the Project Midnight Sunrise torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=19876

Before everything went down today, I had downloaded 15 Gigs out of the 25.6. This evening, I used Azureus, but two thjngs occurred I was not happy with: 1) Azureus only reported me as having downloaded 9 Gigs, and 2) I was reported as firewalled and unbelievably slow, when, on average, I hit 200 Kbs. I have downloaded numerous new torrents, and even for BitTorrent, it says I have only downloaded 13 Gigs instead of my 15. I just thought I'd post my most recent development. I'm being patient, because deep down inside, I know that this change will ensure my receiving the Project Midnight Sunrise, a torrent I want so bad, that I haven't downloaded any thing but the Project for close to a week now.

Thankyou Staff for being great and working on this problem so acutely,
Okemo
Old 2006-05-24, 11:29 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggrd
Just an FYI my Tracker Status in uTorrent is now reporting
Failure: Invalid peer_id (19 - -UT1500-%B5%81%C6%88%88%F0%93rH%CD%DD)
And that just suddenly showed up on a torrent? (that error shows that your peer_id length is 19, instead of the 20 it expects, so thanks for posting the full error).

Old 2006-05-24, 11:34 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
I'm just happy I'm still uploading, since I'm out of town right now I can't restart my home laptop if that were to be a problem with this switch over (I don't have anything to upload on my business laptop at the moment)
drat...I think I spoke to soon...my ul is not increasing so maybe my home laptop stopped ul for some reason...oh well, you peeps on phil & friends 8/14/99 can handle it on your own by now I hope...

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-05-24, 11:36 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemysticlove
Kudos to Lynne and the rest of the staff! Undergoing such a dramatic change isn't easy for any kind of staff. As members, we are lucky to have staff blessed with the foresight to make a change for the better. My most recent error in my 4.4.1 BitTorrent for Mac client reads as follows:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: info_hash error : torrent not registered with this tracker

I'm working on the Project Midnight Sunrise torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=19876

Before everything went down today, I had downloaded 15 Gigs out of the 25.6. This evening, I used Azureus, but two thjngs occurred I was not happy with: 1) Azureus only reported me as having downloaded 9 Gigs, and 2) I was reported as firewalled and unbelievably slow, when, on average, I hit 200 Kbs. I have downloaded numerous new torrents, and even for BitTorrent, it says I have only downloaded 13 Gigs instead of my 15. I just thought I'd post my most recent development. I'm being patient, because deep down inside, I know that this change will ensure my receiving the Project Midnight Sunrise, a torrent I want so bad, that I haven't downloaded any thing but the Project for close to a week now.

Thankyou Staff for being great and working on this problem so acutely,
Okemo
Okemo,

We will be happy to credit you will your missed stats, just write to the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page (but, don't expect a real quick answer since it is usually me who answers and I'm busy with this tracker right now). You will have slower downloading right now because there aren't as many peers (not everyone has realized they need to switch over to the personalized torrent yet).

Old 2006-05-24, 11:37 PM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
And that just suddenly showed up on a torrent? (that error shows that your peer_id length is 19, instead of the 20 it expects, so thanks for posting the full error).
I have that error on three torrents so far.
Rolling Stones - Ladies and Gentlemen DVD
Jimi Hendrix - Royal Albert Hall DVD
Jimi Hendrix - Video Experience DVD

I'm going through all my TTD torrent to look for errors. So far these three bad, same error as above, and eight good.
Old 2006-05-24, 11:45 PM
djbuffaloman
55.71 GB/54.66 GB/0.98

Quote:
Hey guys, I put links to uTorrent and Azureus on the top of all the forums. I hope that helps those of you that decide to switch torrents.

And, I'm sorry this is so frustrating to y'all, believe me, it's frustrating to me also, but the stress is better than jogging for weight loss. I have been working on this all day which is why sometimes the errors are changing on your guys. Those errors help me figure out where the code is dumping people. We *will* get this fixed!

And thanks to Graham and Aaron and all the other wonderful Staff, as well as some of you users who are all trying to help out here. You guys are awesome and this site couldn't be run without all of you!
GREAT TEAM, TNKS FOR YOUR EFFORT
Old 2006-05-24, 11:56 PM
mpowell29
797.21 GB/6.21 TB/7.98

I have tried everything and I cannot download.....I never had this problem before......I keep getting errors....what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike P.
Old 2006-05-25, 12:00 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowell29
I have tried everything and I cannot download.....I never had this problem before......I keep getting errors....what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike P.
A few clues on what errors you are getting and we might be able to help.

Also uTorrent error is now gone. thanks
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

Last edited by diggrd; 2006-05-25 at 12:06 AM.
Old 2006-05-25, 12:41 AM
66.08 GB/73.93 GB/1.12

Question Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quick question. It could have something to do with these updates:

I had a window open on the Ramones Live thru the Years DVD. The thread said one seeder/zero leechers yet I was uploading to 4 leechers on uTorrent. Care to clarify? Is this normal for now or some sort of "cheaters" sharing torrent files that they don't show up in the threads as registered users?

Not really a biggie, just curious.
Old 2006-05-25, 02:08 AM
LastStarfighter
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStarfighter
for some reason I'm not showing on tracker for the Metallica "1985.08.17 - Donington, England" torrent,
I stopped and re-started and I'm on the tracker now.
strange stuff, the number of seeds/peers are different than my client(bitcomet)

I'll wait a week before I start bitching
Old 2006-05-25, 02:08 AM
263.31 GB/269.26 GB/1.02

So I'm probably being very dumb here. I have redownloaded the torrents and stuck the partial downloads in the same location. ABC runs a check when I restart them and gives me the same percentage of completion as before, all good thusfar. However, when I try to connect to continue uploading/downloading I get an error message- info_hash error. Clearly this means nothing to me else I wouldn't be here. what do I need to do to get things running smoothly again?
Old 2006-05-25, 04:18 AM
163.15 GB/28.92 GB/0.18

Thumbs up Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

hi all, i have been using bit tornado for ages and ages and i get the following error like most peeps, info hash - torrent not registered with tracker....but i think we should all take the advice of the staff and let them get on with the tech stuff, i got utorrent and the same file is happily dloading now. Any change has its glitchs but ultimately WE will be better off, i for one hope the stats will update as they never did with bit tornado and as an active member of the community i want other people to see i support it.

good luck to the staff and don't get to stressed, it will work out.

joemc

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions