The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-06-09, 10:08 AM
106.63 GB/182.20 GB/1.71

help needed

I am trying to d/l and keep getting:
Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>
I tried this with another torrent here at The TradersDen and got the same. I never before had this problem. I am able to d/l from other trackers.

Can someone pleae help?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-06-09, 10:34 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: help needed

log out - log back in.
10 leech limit is standard but I dont see you on anything at the moment

let us know
Old 2009-06-09, 12:05 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Moved to Technobabble.

Are you downloading the torrent file first to your computer? What bt client are you using? When did this problem start (I can see you have successfully downloaded before)? Can you give us a link to one of the torrent *threads* that you are having problems with?

Old 2009-06-09, 03:43 PM
106.63 GB/182.20 GB/1.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Moved to Technobabble.

Are you downloading the torrent file first to your computer? What bt client are you using? When did this problem start (I can see you have successfully downloaded before)? Can you give us a link to one of the torrent *threads* that you are having problems with?
Thank you for your reply.

I am doing the same thing I've done countless times before, without ever having a problem--both on this tracker and others too. I think that means d/l the torrent file to the desktop first, yes.

I am using uTorrent.

I believe this may be my first attempt to d/l since you got back your old domain name (or whatever the issue was). I haven't tried to d/l from TTD recently.

Yes, I've downloaded numerous times previously as my stats show.

I am trying to d/l Nora Jones: http://www.tradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73323

When that did work I wanted to see if the trouble was specific to that torrent and so I tried to d/l Page & Plant as a test: http://www.tradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73329. I got the same message for P & P.

Again thanks for trying to help to resolve this.

-E
Old 2009-06-09, 06:17 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I don't see anything wrong with either of those torrent files. If you are downloading the torrent to your desktop prior to starting them, then try just starting the torrent from directly in the thread. See if that makes a difference.

Is the url in your browser thetradersden.org and not tradersden.org?

Old 2009-06-09, 06:32 PM
106.63 GB/182.20 GB/1.71

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with either of those torrent files. If you are downloading the torrent to your desktop prior to starting them, then try just starting the torrent from directly in the thread. See if that makes a difference.

Is the url in your browser thetradersden.org and not tradersden.org?
I'm not sure what "try just starting the torrent from directly in the thread" means. The url in my browser is tradersden.org (not tradersden.org).

I've been an active member for 3 yearsnever before had a problem--but I guess there's nothing more I can do.

Thanks for trying to help me. Could you please message me if you think of something else?

Best wishes.
Old 2009-06-09, 07:34 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalzonophone View Post
I'm not sure what "try just starting the torrent from directly in the thread" means. The url in my browser is tradersden.org (not tradersden.org).

I've been an active member for 3 yearsnever before had a problem--but I guess there's nothing more I can do.

Thanks for trying to help me. Could you please message me if you think of something else?

Best wishes.
I mean many people click on the torrent link and it automatically starts in their bittorrent client. So, if you are currently downloading the torrent file to your desktop and then starting it, then set it up to just open automatically in your bittorrent client.

And you wrote "The url in my browser is tradersden.org (not tradersden.org)" and unless my eyes have suddenly gotten really bad, those two urls look the same to me. You should NOT be using the url tradersden.org since we have our domains back.

Old 2009-06-09, 07:40 PM
106.63 GB/182.20 GB/1.71

Quote:
I mean many people click on the torrent link and it automatically starts in their bittorrent client. So, if you are currently downloading the torrent file to your desktop and then starting it, then set it up to just open automatically in your bittorrent client.

And you wrote "The url in my browser is tradersden.org (not tradersden.org)" and unless my eyes have suddenly gotten really bad, those two urls look the same to me. You should NOT be using the url tradersden.org since we have our domains back.
Ah, indeed a typo (nothing wrong with your eyes; just my fingers). I am using the correct url.

I seem to be at an impasse with this.

Again thanks for trying.

-E
Old 2009-06-09, 09:29 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Can you open up the torrent file in notepad or similar and see what the stuff up to the end of your passkey looks like (just up to the "passkey=" part).

I could zap your passkey and you could get a new one, but I don't know that that would help.

Old 2009-06-12, 08:44 AM
106.63 GB/182.20 GB/1.71

Still unable to d/l from TTD after several days of trying. Getting: "Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>". If anyone experiences a similar problem, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Old 2009-06-12, 09:00 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

turn off your firewall/antivirus - reinstall utorrent or try another client
the problem is certainly on your end sorry

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble