The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-05-11, 10:11 PM
92.85 GB/56.24 GB/0.61

Unhappy major issues all around

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. I have a few problems but let me first explain where i am at. I was using BitTorrent at first but then switched to Azureus since it seemed easier to get my ports forwarded. I got that all set up and started downloading. I wanted to continue seeding some of the files i downloaded with BT so i started those up and to my surprise they started downloading. I just let them re-download. When i tried opening them the videos wouldn't play. Then i downloaded another video that i started with Azureus when it finished it wouldn't play either. I really don't want to delete all these and download them again but it looks like i'm going to have to. On top of all that I'm having a memory issue. I download straight to my external usb hard drive since i don't have enough space on my laptop. Before i switched to Azureus I had 13 gigs on my laptop. After i started using Azureus i looked and i only had 1 gig of space left. I hadn't even downloaded that much in that time and all the files are on my external. Since all this space has disappeared from my laptop it is running like shit and its hard for me to do anything let alone try to solve my problems. Please Help

P.S.
I'm runing on a Mac Powerbook G4 all the latest updates and i have a maxtor 200 gig external usb hard drive and the latest Azureus with all the updates.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-11, 10:18 PM
92.85 GB/56.24 GB/0.61

Re: major issues all around

Should i switch back to BitTorrent or try to get Azureus working right
Old 2006-05-11, 10:50 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

What application are you using to play the videos? Try VLC, videolan.org, it plays just about anything.

Old 2006-05-11, 11:03 PM
92.85 GB/56.24 GB/0.61

I've been using VLC
Old 2006-05-11, 11:14 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Have you tried running the checksums (md5s) against the files you have downloaded? Do you have your bt client set to allocate the space prior to downloading? Have you done a search on your discs for the files to see if they are showing up in several places?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble