The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-03-30, 09:22 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Re: Port Forwarded> Firewalled without changing settings? OSX

what torrent client are you using? it may be that your client uses more than one port such as the basic bittorrent. If this is the case say it is using 6881-6884. If it makes a request on a port that is not forwarded correctly you would have the results you are seeing. Have you checked the client side. It sounds like you have the router side locked down. What port range is on the client on the pc and what port range is on the client range of the mac? They should match. Sorry if this is obvious just throwing it out there.
Old 2006-03-30, 10:53 AM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Quote:
what torrent client are you using? it may be that your client uses more than one port such as the basic bittorrent. If this is the case say it is using 6881-6884. If it makes a request on a port that is not forwarded correctly you would have the results you are seeing. Have you checked the client side. It sounds like you have the router side locked down.
I was starting to think that it might be the client. I have been using Tomato for some time on the mac. I am using Bit Torrent on the PC. Bit Torrent seems to only have a setting for the starting port, and not a range. In Tomato I have the minimum currently set to 6883 and max at 6884, with the starting port at 6883. I am doing some mixing right now and resting my ears while I check this and other things. Maybe later I'll try another client, or perhaps port range.

Quote:
What port range is on the client on the pc and what port range is on the client range of the mac? They should match. Sorry if this is obvious just throwing it out there.
Your saying they should match eachother, or match what the settings are on each computer. I assume it is supposed to be the latter. Maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-03-30, 11:05 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

The client should match the router. The mac and pc should be on different ranges. The situation I was trying to describe before would be where you've forwarded say 6883 and 6884 to the mac with the router. But your PC client is trying to use 6881-6884. This would be a problem. It sounds like you have it set up correctly. Maybe try to start over with different port ranges on the client and the router if your client will allow you to specify which port you want to use. Seems I'm not helping much... good luck

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble