The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-09-21, 02:48 PM
224.04 GB/1.35 TB/6.15

Arrow Zomb torrents status update

Hey all!

REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD RECOVERY SHOULD WORK AGAIN (2023-07-27)

Some folks were wondering what is the status of Zomb Torrents in the TTD closing announcement thread so here is an update on it.

1) It appears registration confirmation emails have not been actually sent since March 2022. Or they are very efficiently getting blocked. I think it's the former, but it's just my guess based on when the last login of a new account was.

2) Max user count was reached in June 2022 without anyone noticing.

3) Password recovery might not work at all at this time.

I have posted in Zomb staff forums some days ago about the situation, but I have received no replies. In the end it depends on the site owner if they want to do anything at all to fix things

But to somewhat better news....

1) I wrote a browser script to delete few older pending accounts in small batches so there is now some room to register. For now I'll do this manually once a day when I notice max user count approaching again.

2) I will once a day manually enable all pending accounts created during and after September 2022. I will usually do this during the evening hours (GMT+2).

3) If you really need to access your old account PM me here with your account name (also need to figure some other place for this if TTD goes away, any suggestions?) and I will manually reset the password. This means I will generate a random 30 character password and insert it as the account password and email it to the email address linked to the Zomb account. I will not store it anywhere and I will see all your (very limited) info anyway since I'm an admin. I'll do this also once a day, if I the have time.

TL;DR;

1) You can register -> Zomb Torrents.
2) Wait anywhere from approx 1-30 hours for me to manually enable accounts before trying to login.
3) PM Deadmarsh at TTD if you need to reset password and wait for an email from me (again anywhere from approx 1-30 hours).

This all is obviously not an ideal solution, but better than nothing

Last edited by Deadmarsh; 2023-07-27 at 04:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-09-21, 04:15 PM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP
550.18 GB/2.40 TB/4.46

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is
Re: Zomb torrents status update

How is there a max user amount? Who does something like that?
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Old 2022-09-21, 04:22 PM
224.04 GB/1.35 TB/6.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace View Post
How is there a max user amount? Who does something like that?
Dime has a max user amount too, or at least it did. Seems to have been common back in the day when most of these trackers were launched. I can only guess the reasons behind it.
Old 2022-09-21, 04:32 PM
Bork, Bork, Bork!
12.20 GB/164.16 GB/13.46

Thank you for the update. I was finally able to get registered earlier today but definitely haven't received the confirmation like you said has been happening. It's not even in spam. Will check to see if I can login tomorrow sometime.
Old 2022-09-21, 04:34 PM
224.04 GB/1.35 TB/6.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinJon View Post
Thank you for the update. I was finally able to get registered earlier today but definitely haven't received the confirmation like you said has been happening. It's not even in spam. Will check to see if I can login tomorrow sometime.
You can try now if you want to. I have been checking for pending accounts more frequently today.
Old 2022-09-21, 07:26 PM
Bork, Bork, Bork!
12.20 GB/164.16 GB/13.46

I'm all good thanks!
Old 2022-09-21, 07:43 PM
4.35 TB/150.33 TB/34.57

LMAO, doesn't even occur to people--who of course do not stop to thank Deadmarsh for helping the Den demise drag with his personal unpaid evening time--that too many users can break a site and then all the weenies come out whining that everything in life isn't delivered for free on a golden platter just like magic all the time forever.

Start your own tracker Captain Crapthread--with infinite magical scaling--and report back to us how so easy and free it all is.

Thank you Deadmarsh, very very much, for being positive and of service to music friends and neighbors.
Old 2022-09-21, 07:55 PM
282.85 GB/473.33 GB/1.67

Thanks mate, registered
Old 2022-09-22, 01:43 AM
966.40 GB/1.67 TB/1.77

it is many many years, since I last was on this ZOMB site.
Just tried it and my old account still works, I can lock in :-)
Old 2023-07-27, 04:27 AM
224.04 GB/1.35 TB/6.15

Bump,

Registration and password recovery emails should be working again. Welcome or welcome back if this has been blocking you. User limit has also been increased significantly.
Old 2023-07-27, 01:34 PM
291.98 GB/319.80 GB/1.10

Thanks it works.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble