The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-09-07, 02:03 PM
1.95 TB/2.56 TB/1.31

Re: Tracker problems

I run utorrent 2.2.1 and have the same problem. I don't really understand this stuff but here's what I see:

Torrents that previously worked no longer work.
Torrents from other sites still work.
I can download the torrent files from TD and load them no problem.
I can visually see the numbers of seeders and leechers on the TD tracker in the utorrent program.
Seems utorrent is trying to connect to the the tracker but the tracker is rejecting the attempts. The torrents' status says "Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>"

I checked my antivirus to make sure the program has proper access, and it does.

That's all I have. I do have to say the site looks more stable now since the changes. It always loads now which is cool.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-09-07, 03:14 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.94 TB/9.77

I have a couple of shows to upload, but I guess I should hold off until this is fixed. I tried this morning but it rejected my torrent file.
Old 2022-09-07, 04:26 PM
3.32 TB/3.09 TB/0.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpeconsultant View Post
I just tried exiting utorrent and restarting it and no help.
All I get when I load a torrent is "finding peers". All other sites work just dandy.
Please resolve this if you can - I dont want to have to change settings in my utorrent as it may create problems with all the other sites.
Thanks very much!
Same for me. File downloading but not connecting to peers.
Old 2022-09-07, 07:03 PM
4.35 TB/150.25 TB/34.55

After going back and forth green to red over several days, now a sea of red for days on Rtorrent. No other issues at all anywhere and everywhere else.

Error is:
Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data: Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corre]
Old 2022-09-07, 07:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy1989 View Post
The site is running much much better, hopefully it keeps it that way
Only my layout changed into a white background instead of grey what I am used to.
Anyone do know how to change that ?
I looked into the settings but I can't find.
As I said above, do a Force Refresh of the page. If that doesn't fix it, let me know what style you are using (bottom left of the page).

Old 2022-09-07, 08:21 PM
1.29 TB/11.10 TB/8.62

Same problem as others have reported, can't connect, download, reseed etc
Pages are white instead of usual background.
Old 2022-09-08, 12:31 AM
501.48 GB/1.69 TB/3.45

nothing changed since yesterday

I did try many times to dowload recently on TTD and
finally it worked for 2 folders of Black Sabbath from
member 'zepperfin' but these were not counted
and unknown by TTD ? and they turned red
Old 2022-09-08, 08:01 AM
6.51 TB/16.89 TB/2.59

I think the point here is this message.

"Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>"

That is... the tracker is the one sending invalid data. Not us, our torrent client or our proxy settings.
This is something that only TTD Admin can address.
It is entirely possible that the cause is within this response from 2008:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=58132
"You are seeding your maximum number of ten torrents currently. All others will show up with Invalid Tracker status. I suggest you only choose to seed a couple of torrents that need to be seeded. (Several you are 'seeding' have 0 leechers and therefore don't need to be seeded.)"

Now, we know that we're not exceeding our maximum because we're closing down everything unneccessary to try to get just 1 working.
However, this problem was encountered elsewhere and the code monkeys did succeed in finding a rogue bit of code that was causing a limited number of users to have this problem because the tracker was mis-counting their activity.
Good luck !
Old 2022-09-08, 11:57 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I have been talking to the server guys who got up set up on cloudflare about this. However, they aren't tracker expects at all. And I really don't know anything about cloudflare and how it works when a tracker is involved. I will continue to look into it.

Old 2022-09-08, 12:13 PM
swintonboy
62.27 GB/22.57 TB/371.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnfoobar View Post
I think the point here is this message.

"Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>"

That is... the tracker is the one sending invalid data. Not us, our torrent client or our proxy settings.
This is something that only TTD Admin can address.
It is entirely possible that the cause is within this response from 2008:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=58132
"You are seeding your maximum number of ten torrents currently. All others will show up with Invalid Tracker status. I suggest you only choose to seed a couple of torrents that need to be seeded. (Several you are 'seeding' have 0 leechers and therefore don't need to be seeded.)"

Now, we know that we're not exceeding our maximum because we're closing down everything unneccessary to try to get just 1 working.
However, this problem was encountered elsewhere and the code monkeys did succeed in finding a rogue bit of code that was causing a limited number of users to have this problem because the tracker was mis-counting their activity.
Good luck !
I don't think that's the problem now. I've had over 800 torrents seeding for the past few years and it's never been a problem
Old 2022-09-08, 12:40 PM
332.61 GB/6.77 TB/20.84

same problems here...nothing works....red since a few days
Old 2022-09-08, 12:52 PM
4.35 TB/150.25 TB/34.55

If cloudlflare is the only difference from when hundreds of torrents going back eight years--I am the last seeder on many excellent ones--worked and now do not, then cloudflare need not be tracker experts, just cloudflare experts. They should do their job. What code do they inject into the hypertext protocol? What else? A tracker is like anything else, a directory with call and response based on hypertext protocol.

My client specifically points to an SQL syntax error. If Cloudflare would simply break down what it is they think they are doing for your site--specific code--and you check that against the existing issues, we would progress.

Have other trackers used cloudflare? How did they troubleshoot this? Why not use cloudflare for the site and not the tracker? What advantage does it offer the tracker, which has been near flawless for going on two decades?

Here are some disadvantages of Cloudflare offered elsewhere that may trigger an understanding of where they have introduced a point--or points--of failure into Traders Den:

By using cloudflare, you add a point of failure between web server and visitors.

Cloudflare may not speed up your pageload.

Cloudflare may get your website penalized by google.

Cloudflare inject code into your HTTP headers.

Cloudflare may deliver the wrong version of a page.

Cloudflare makes you believe that it protects your server against bots. In fact, a clever bot can start many handshakes with your servers and crash your server even behind cloudflare. (Syn DDOS attack)

Cloudflare may modify your code and you didn’t want Cloudflare to modify your code (HTML minify, removing comments, adding JS lines)

Using cloudflare is like handing over your house keys to someone. You get dependent on cloudflare to deliver your content.

Cloudflare can spy on your data and the data of your website visitors since their servers stand in the middle between two HTTPS chains.

Cloudflare can decide to shut down the connectivity to your web server.
Old 2022-09-08, 04:45 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Have you been unawere of the major site problems we have been having for the last several months? The reason we are using cloudflare right now is as a direct result of how bad thing have been getting.

I am currently looking into other options. One of them being just going back to the old slow server setting if needed..

Old 2022-09-08, 05:53 PM
4.35 TB/150.25 TB/34.55

no, completely unaware of anything major whatsoever---site was slow, big whoop... took a few seconds to load.... tracker was fine, fast and flawless but for minor individual timeouts here and there that resolved in no time every time

appreciate efforts to speed the experience but cloudflare is a dubious entity at best--Tor had loads of notable hassles with them and they broke the internet just this last June... that they can't troubleshoot why their man-in-the middle coding imposition has brought thousands of seeds going back a decade to a screeching halt is part and parcel to their well and long-established rotten reputation:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cloudflare.com

Cloudflare is 23 out of 23 best companies in the category DNS Provider on Trustpilot
Cloudflare is 78 out of 79 best companies in the category Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot

Thanks Again & Good Luck
Old 2022-09-08, 06:58 PM
725.26 GB/967.87 GB/1.33

Problem with downloads - last 3 days

My torrent downloader (Utorrent) is working at other sites but not the traders den over last 3 days. Is anybody else experiencing problems

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble