The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2018-01-18, 05:57 PM
14.10 GB/1.01 GB/0.07

Free Wow & Flutter Removal - pyrespeeder

Hey folks, perhaps there are some people interested in this project of mine.
It is the first freely available wow/flutter reduction software. At the moment it is fairly crude, but still fully functional and can already give surprisingly good results.

I plan on adding more functions and better wow detection algorithms in the future.

More info and source code here: https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/pyrespeeder
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2018-06-16, 03:55 AM
14.10 GB/1.01 GB/0.07

Re: Free Wow & Flutter Removal - pyrespeeder

Another update on pyrespeeder:

I've redesigned the GUI for a more modern and efficient look that works well on 16:9 monitors. The core of the program has also received many updates since I last posted here.

Old 2018-10-31, 03:30 AM
3.21 GB/7.05 GB/2.20

Question Re: Free Wow & Flutter Removal - pyrespeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixfan1995 View Post
Hey folks, perhaps there are some people interested in this project of mine.
It is the first freely available wow/flutter reduction software. At the moment it is fairly crude, but still fully functional and can already give surprisingly good results.

I plan on adding more functions and better wow detection algorithms in the future.

More info and source code here: https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/pyrespeeder
Hello and greetings from The Netherlands. I'd love to be able to use your wow/flutter reduction software but sadly I don't know what Python is and I also don't understand any of the other things I seem to need like numpy and numba. Is there a way to get a version which runs under Windows? Thanks for letting me know.
Old 2018-11-02, 01:41 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasMolly View Post
Hello and greetings from The Netherlands. I'd love to be able to use your wow/flutter reduction software but sadly I don't know what Python is and I also don't understand any of the other things I seem to need like numpy and numba. Is there a way to get a version which runs under Windows? Thanks for letting me know.
The Wow and Flutter app / program / code is written in the programming language, Python.

The author's code also relies on pre-written code or "packages" written by others to perform tasks. The numpy package for example contains pre-written code for fourier transforms.

So you would install the Python language, then the pre-written packages that the pyrespeeder python app will use, then run the pyrespeeder app itself (I prefer the GUI version) and if you've installed all it needs, you'll get the pyrespeeder window appear.
Old 2018-11-03, 12:21 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSuperGlue View Post
The Wow and Flutter app / program / code is written in the programming language, Python.

The author's code also relies on pre-written code or "packages" written by others to perform tasks. The numpy package for example contains pre-written code for fourier transforms.

So you would install the Python language, then the pre-written packages that the pyrespeeder python app will use, then run the pyrespeeder app itself (I prefer the GUI version) and if you've installed all it needs, you'll get the pyrespeeder window appear.
So in other words...completely inaccessible to anyone who doesn't understand all that computer geek shit.
Old 2018-12-10, 05:43 PM
19.50 GB/246.31 GB/12.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrcoq View Post
So in other words...completely inaccessible to anyone who doesn't understand all that computer geek shit.
The alternative is commercial software which costs $3k. If this works it will be worth it.

It looks complicated to set up, but in reality it's downloading two zip files and then copy & pasting about 8 lines of text. If I can get it set up I'll do you a walk through.
Old 2018-12-21, 09:24 AM
14.10 GB/1.01 GB/0.07

This runs on Windows (and Mac and Linux). Unfortunately I can't create a simple exe file of the program because of the language it is written in (python).

All you have to do to get it running is, as Bolanoscopy said, type a few commands to install all the required tools and then download a zip file. It sounds more complicated than it is. Not really rocket science :P

I could probably create .bat file to handle the installation, on windows at least. I already added .bat files for the main program, so those behave just like an .exe: you click on them, the program starts.
Old 2019-02-11, 02:16 AM
Queen Collector
11.74 GB/12.87 GB/1.10

Thanks for sharing your work.
I have made a transfer that suffers from some severe wow and flutter.
Somebody had a stab at it with your software with some success.
Can you tell me if you think it's beyond repair?
Thanks.

Last edited by The Kurgan; 2019-02-11 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2019-02-11, 02:38 AM
Queen Collector
11.74 GB/12.87 GB/1.10

Most severe at 1:24 and 2:08
Any assistance greatly appreciated :-)
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=SITCotXwkEU

Last edited by The Kurgan; 2019-02-11 at 02:57 AM.
Old 2019-03-04, 06:34 PM
14.10 GB/1.01 GB/0.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Most severe at 1:24 and 2:08
Any assistance greatly appreciated :-)
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=SITCotXwkEU
Oh yeah that can definitely be reduced. Probably 16k FFT size, big overlap, peak traces over the bass frequencies. I'm currently adding several new features that make more complicated tasks easier, like locking lots of short traces to the same frequency. So you can individually trace separate notes that should have the same frequency, and then join them afterwards.
Old 2019-03-05, 12:56 AM
Queen Collector
11.74 GB/12.87 GB/1.10

Thanks for your reply, I look forward to the updates.
Is there any chance you could reduce the wow and flutter from the youtube sample I linked to?
I'd really like hear what could be done and use it as a guide.
Old 2020-05-16, 07:58 AM
3.21 GB/7.05 GB/2.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasMolly View Post
Hello again. I have got it working but I am not finding it easy to get started. Do you have any youtube movies to illustrate the steps? Thanks
Old 2020-05-16, 09:19 AM
3.21 GB/7.05 GB/2.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSuperGlue View Post

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I am happy to report that I did all those things and PyReSpeeder is fully working! So that's a good start. However, I have real difficulty in understanding what steps I need to take to remove wow from a recording. Is there a fuller explanation anywhere? Or perhaps a few youtube videos? Thank you so much for helping. Bas

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble