The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-05-04, 02:04 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

New Router, now cannot connect to some trackers

So I want back to DSL from Comcrap. I got sent a new Westell 7500. I figured out how to get setup and I am pretty sure it is proper. I am not getting firewalled errors. I can connect fine to a couple of trackers. There are some though that I cannot seem to get connected to at all. I get timeout errors everytime. Azureus updated to a shitty interface (IMO). I also tried some clients that were always fine for me though. I can't figure it out. Anyone know what causes these timeout errors and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-05-04, 03:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: New Router, now cannot connect to some trackers

It really depends on the trackers. For instance, over at Tape City, I think you need to add their IP into some field in Azureus in order to get access to the tracker. Also, some trackers have port numbers on the end of the IP, and I think you need to do something about that too. But, neither of those apply to this tracker. If you are having problems here, then I would imagine it is a firewall issue (although you would not get a timeout error for that).

Also, I can think of at least one specific tracker that is having some server problems and you could be getting timeouts there. Just let Azureus sit for a bit and see if it can connect within a couple of hours.

Old 2008-05-04, 03:29 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

Thanks. I'll look into the adding the info thing. I never had to before with these trackers but who knows. I did already try letting it go overnight and trying back at other times but so far no luck. These few trackers used to fire right up and now I cannot connect at all so far.
Old 2008-05-04, 03:42 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleantone View Post
Thanks. I'll look into the adding the info thing. I never had to before with these trackers but who knows. I did already try letting it go overnight and trying back at other times but so far no luck. These few trackers used to fire right up and now I cannot connect at all so far.
Can you connect to the websites themselves? Maybe try downloading a torrent and starting it from scratch? Or, if they have forums, look through the posts and see if anyone else is having problems. (etree may be having some problems if that is one you are trying to connect to.)

Old 2008-05-04, 03:57 PM
261.58 GB/232.92 GB/0.89

I actually went into the router and changed the firewall settings from medium to minimum and that did the trick. I will have to look into some sort of exceptions rule perhaps. I would like to keep the firewall at medium if possible.

I am having another issue with this router and my 2nd wireless computer. I can't get it to connect to the router. I think it was okay before I set up a static IP but now it cannot connect.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble