The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-03-07, 12:38 PM
302.18 GB/198.42 GB/0.66

Dvd Burning (Scene Selection & Menu Backgrounds)

Ok first, sorry about another dvd technoable question (as for there are so many other posts about dvd burning). but i had gone through what i thought might be similar problems, learned a little, but couldn't find what i was looking for. but if someone realizes there is a post that states what im looking for that would be great too. any ways here is my problem:

I downloaded a dvd file of Led Zeppelin.
When i got to the folder on my hard drive i have two more foldes titled:
Disc1 and Disc 2. I'm only going to focus on disc one, b/c once i can do disc one disc 2 should be the same process.
So i open the disc 1 folder and there are two other folders, one being called "Extra_TS" and one being called "Video_TS".

Here are the contents of both these folders:
Extra_TS (Folder):
Video_Ts.md5

Video_TS (Folder):
Video_TS.BUP
Video_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_1
VTS_01_2
VTS_01_3
VTS_01_4

My goal is to put a blank dvd in, bring up my dvd burning program, and insert the file. But i want the dvd to look professional (im not selling anything, i believe in open sharing of thse unreleased gems), i like having good looking quality boots for my personal collection, which is why i used the phrase i want them to look professional. What I mean by professional is that once a dvd is burned i can pop it into a dvd burner and there will appear a background, and a link to watch the movie in full and a link that is titled something like "Scene Selections" (where i can click a certain song rather than having to go through the whole dvd everytime). (Just like an movie at blackbuster rented would appear).

So this is what i have done:
I'm using Roxio: My DVD Basic v9 (i am willing to get another program if this is what is causing my problems.)
Next i've been clicking the feature on the program called add new movie.
This brings up a browse screen, and i go in to the disc 1 - Video_TS Folder, and upload the Video_TS.IFO file. (From what i read in other threads this is the only file i need to upload and everything should be automatically done and ready to burn, i might be wrong though b/c this does not produce the outcome i desire.

what it does is, it just takes the file and puts it as a link on the main menu. (one problem solved, i now can add a background i desire (thou i would perfer the one what would actually be one the actuall bootleg copy) and play the movie in its entirity.

the problem next is that when watching the movie i can only fastforward, I can't hit next scene. so to fix this i was able to click a botton on the program called edit chapters. This means that i have to watch the video and when i get to the next song i push the botton "add chapter here", and i do this for the whole show until each song is its own chapter. so therefore when i pop in the dvd i get a blank white screen, with a link to play the movie. and now when watching the movie i can use the standarized fastforward button on my remote and fastforward by fastforewarding to scene selections.

so after spending tons of time making each individual scene chapter. i still have the problem with the main menu. there is no scene selection feature i can click that will bring me to a subpage where i can click each individual song (scene) seperately. I can add another link on the main menu page and title it scene selection, and when i click it brings me to another black page, as it should.

From here i just don't know how i can make links from this page to a certain part in the movie (one of the scene selection/chapters)
I would like to have it something like where all the names of each song are the the tiled link, such, as if the songs where:
1. As Long As I Have You
2. I Can't Quit You Babe
3. The Train Kept A Rollin'
4. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
5. Dazed and Confused
6. Killing Floor
7. For Your Love

so basically id like it to be that if any of those track names were to be clicked it would take me right to that chapter. (and for those who really know zeppelin and relized i just used the Live At Whisky A Go-Go!!! track listing, no i do not have a video of that. i so wish i did)

so please if ne one has information about how to go about completeing what i already have done it would be appreciated. or if someone says, your wasting your time making all those scene selections and then trying to make all these links and ect, just do this....... and insert this file, everything would be done for you, this would be the greatest of help, for i wouldn't have to spend so much time individually on each dvd i want to burn, and try to look for backgrounds to insert in that may not be those that the actual dvd should have.

Also if anyone has a knowledge of a free program that will not give me these problem and will simply do everything for me when entering the file, this would be greatly helpful aswell.

im hoping someone has a quick answer to this because my downlaod is finally complete after waiting 2 days!! and i can't wait to watch it on my big screen. but until then, if ne one wants the Led Zeppelin Show: 1977-07-17 at Kingdome, Seattle, Washington for video, im still currently seeding it, and probably will for a decent amount of time. so hop on.

thanks in advance for any help. and sorry about the extremely long post, its alot of reading but i thought specific detailed informationg about what i have done and what i want would be alot easier for others to understand the situation.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-03-07, 01:01 PM
97.51 GB/219.10 GB/2.25

Re: Dvd Burning (Scene Selection & Menu Backgrounds)

The "background and links" you talk about are called menus. I think they're within the Video_TS.IFO file.

If the DVD's pre-authored, that may be the problem.

I pulled this out of my bookmarks, haven't tested but it could work:
http://www.dimadsoft.com/menuedit/
Old 2009-03-07, 02:21 PM
302.18 GB/198.42 GB/0.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Wilbury View Post
The "background and links" you talk about are called menus. I think they're within the Video_TS.IFO file.

If the DVD's pre-authored, that may be the problem.

I pulled this out of my bookmarks, haven't tested but it could work:
http://www.dimadsoft.com/menuedit/

I Appreaciate the insight. And what you've said about The Video_TS.IFO should include the menu (the background pictures and the scene selection links) is also what i have read about prior to posting this thread.

would you know how i can tell if the DVD is pre-authored (which i don't know what that term means, as for im new to burning dvds), and if it is, is there a solution to this.

Here is the information text document that came along with the files:
Led Zeppelin
Kingdome
Seattle, Washington
07-17-1977

Liberated Bootleg DVD>PC>Torrent

Video>
Region: NTSC
Codec: MPEG2
Pic: 720x480
Seq Ext: 720x480
Average Frame Rate: 4877kbps
Frames Per Second: 29.970
Aspect: 4:3

Audio>
Codec: MPEG-1 Layer 2 (CBR)
Info: 0xc0:48000Hz 224kb/s tot, stereo

Additional Info: Manufactured by New Depression music, a division of Deep Depression Music Ltd. Printed in England.

Also this is where i got the dl (if it would help ne one, for more insight b/c im sure of the many people that have downloaded this, would have burned it aswell)
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ght=1977-07-17
Old 2009-03-07, 05:57 PM
2.32 GB/19.04 GB/8.20

TheNextJimmyPage,

In the comments for the torrent you mention, someone posted a picture of the menu. It appears the menu will function how you'd like it to.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...8&postcount=70

If you need to re-author the DVD, you'll likely need to Demux (separate) the audio/video to their elementary streams (MPV/MP2), or convert the VOB's to MPG. A free Demuxer is TMPGEnc Free A free VOB to MPG tool is VOB2MPG Once you have either the elementary streams or MPG's, you'll feed them into your authoring application to piece the DVD how you like. A free one that comes to mind is DVDStyler. If you're a complete beginner, do a little reading on it as it can be finicky. I've not used My DVD Basic v9, so cannot comment on how well it works. What I do know is, that some of these "do all" applications will "re-encode" the video even when they are input DVD compliant files. This = loss of quality.
Old 2009-03-07, 09:10 PM
97.51 GB/219.10 GB/2.25

Pre-authored means it's already in the Video_TS folders & ready to burn. At least I think that how it is. It's late...
Old 2009-03-07, 11:58 PM
302.18 GB/198.42 GB/0.66

thank you both. i think i'll be able to work it out now with all this information.
Old 2009-03-09, 05:48 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

burn as DVD-Video [in Roxio Toast, you choose "DVD from Video_TS folder"]...drag the entire VIDEO_TS folder to the window and burn

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble