The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-18, 04:01 PM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

Re: Another Newbie (burning dvd's) ???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099387466871

I have the 710. This is the newer one -- 720. Can't beat it. There is room for debate on this topic. Some swear by Plextor. They're good too.

Go internal instead of external. Cheaper. How much of a newb are you? Can you work a screwdriver? Just kidding. They are very easy to install.

Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-19, 09:32 AM
46.96 GB/23.05 GB/0.49

nero errors

Ive just finished downloading a dvd and have got a couple of messages i dont understand.I put the files into nero for burning and i got this message.Dvd video files compliance test failed.the resulting dvd-video might be unplayable,do you want to continue.So i clicked yes to continue and then i get this message.A non critical error occured during the operatin which may result in a defective burn,do you want to continue anyway.So i continued,and burnt the disc,but it doesnt play in my player.it comes up with the menu screen,but when i choose play all,it just goes back to the basic screen.Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be.

THANK YOU
Old 2005-05-19, 12:50 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Re: nero errors

Get IfoEdit then open the VIDEO_TS.ifo and click get VTS sectors

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-05-19, 01:48 PM
46.96 GB/23.05 GB/0.49

Re: nero errors

Thanks,as if by magic it works ok now. i really appreciate your help diggrd.
Old 2005-05-19, 02:36 PM
1.63 TB/2.63 TB/1.61

Re: Got problems burning DVD look here(for us Newbies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodin
Ok, this is my first post after finding this wonderful site. I just downloaded my first DVD BT. I'm all excited to watch it on my standalone (in comfort).

Her's my story I can watch it perfectly fine on my computer by>"powerdvd". Well now I need to get it on to a DVD disc so after two days of reading everything I could find on the subject and trying a few differnt software aps. (including Nero)(maybe I'm just a retard and couldn't figure it out) I was able to burn a disc but it would not play on my standalone (Mitsubishi dd4030). I believe it was burning as a Data and that was the problem.
Anyway I found a program called "Imageburn" Thanks to the Tchnobable section on this site http://www.coujo.de/ib2/index.php?ac...=download#burn
(by the way I believe you need the Nero software to run this.)
Problem solved I can now burn a DVD that is playable on my DVD standalone.

So to sum up...
1. get Image burn
2. Open Imageburn
3. find your directory where your "Video-ts" folder is
4. Make this your DVD "root"(The whole Video-ts folder)
5. Click the burn button
whala you now have a DVD that is able to play on your home DVD player.

I'm posting this in hopes it'll help out others with the same problem and save them the headache and time.

Thanks for sharing everyone
I tried this with a video I downloaded that when I try to play it, it only gives me the menu. When I click on "Play All', it won't play the video. When I try "Song Selection" it won't play any of the tracks. I am stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Nero 6 and burn in DVD-R format at 4X.
Old 2005-05-19, 08:31 PM
nodin
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan
I tried this with a video I downloaded that when I try to play it, it only gives me the menu. When I click on "Play All', it won't play the video. When I try "Song Selection" it won't play any of the tracks. I am stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Nero 6 and burn in DVD-R format at 4X.
I/m rather new to DVD burning myself, but If I were you I'd put the dvd you burned into your computer then open up your drive and see if the VOB files are there. Otherwise try "imageburn" not Nero. I originally tried Nero and had problems but with Imageburn I've never had a problem(I've done about twenty dvds with it).

If you did burn your dvd which your having problems with make sure you only burned the "VOB " files and the audio files. (don't burn the data ones. Again with Imageburn it's all automated just open the "video ts" folder into Imageburn and it transfers only the necesarry files.

If that doesent help I assume something must have gone wrong with the download or the way the seeder put it together. Maybe contact some of the other "leechers" and see if they too had problems.

Good luck
Old 2005-05-19, 08:48 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

You might look here and try it also
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=7416

Quote:
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-05-20, 06:32 AM
60.99 GB/391.09 GB/6.41

DVD ripping question

If you rip an unprotected DVD with DVD decrypter will MD5s always match between the ripped files and the original files on the disc? Is there some option you can make that screws this up?
Old 2005-05-20, 07:27 AM
1.63 TB/2.63 TB/1.61

Thanks, I tried using imageburn, but it ddnt work. I am going to quit because I don't need any more coasters, but I do appreciate the help.
Old 2005-05-20, 05:23 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Re: DVD ripping question

If it's unprotected what are you using decryter to rip it to, I mean unless you are changing file format from .vob to .mpg or something like that couldn't you just copy the files?

Quote:
Old 2005-05-26, 05:10 PM
lost dog
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Burning VOB files

Hey I just finished downloading a dave matthews band show and it's in .VOB files. I was wondering what program I can use to burn these to a DVD-R. All the programs I have just have an image burner. Perhaps there's a way to make an image out of all the .VOBs and then burn it?

Thanks for the help.
Old 2005-05-26, 05:26 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Burning VOB files

The search function is your friend.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...searchid=43300

Old 2005-05-26, 05:26 PM
spontabmark
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

if you have only .vob's and no bup's and ifo's then your best bet is to use a DVD authoring program like TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 (free month trial) and add the .vobs in order to the project, set it on no menu and it will create a video_ts directory for you
Old 2005-05-26, 05:30 PM
lost dog
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Nevermind I think I found it out, I had to update my version of nero and it installed a dvd burning tool. It had a video_ts folder and I just dragged all my stuff in there and burned. Thanks anyway.
Old 2005-06-04, 11:54 AM
86.81 GB/81.86 GB/0.94

What does "DVD-Video reallocation failed" mean

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble