The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-21, 01:23 AM
2.11 TB/1.53 TB/0.72

Error: "got bad file info" ?

Can't open torrent for Cream Remasters 20cd. Get error message - got bad file info. Being trying for last day.
Can open other torrents ok.
Tried save as & open, tried rebooting.
Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-21, 01:30 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Re: Error: "got bad file info" ?

Did you try downloading the .torrent file again?
Old 2005-05-21, 02:24 AM
2.11 TB/1.53 TB/0.72

Yes. The torrent box comes on screen but usually I then get to choose where to save it in the computer but this step isn't happening, so I don't think it is actually dling.
Old 2005-05-21, 05:43 AM
732.11 GB/326.07 GB/0.45

Got Same Message My Friend!
Old 2005-05-21, 10:21 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwfall
Yes. The torrent box comes on screen but usually I then get to choose where to save it in the computer but this step isn't happening, so I don't think it is actually dling.
I'm not sure why that would be happening. Is the file in your bittorrent client's queue?

I'd say though, if two of you are getting the same error, then maybe the file IS corrupt. Maybe ask the original seeder to re-upload it? (or whatever the staff suggests in cases such as this).

If you like, post a link to the thread (or the torrent file) and I'll see what I get.
Old 2005-05-21, 10:25 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Have you tried saving the .torrent file to your hard drive and then launching it from there?

Old 2005-05-21, 08:57 PM
2.11 TB/1.53 TB/0.72

Yes have tried to save & open. The size of the torrent saved is 63.7kb when it should be 85.8. (tried again hust now to open it both ways, still no go)

Apologies for lack of comp skills but don't know how to post a link. It's the 20cd (>6gig) audio BT Cream Remasters currently on the 3rd page of the audio downloads.

I'll send a pm to the original seeder as well.

Thanks for your input (on the upside, I dl the bd 1666 shows whilst waiting to sort this out)
Old 2005-05-21, 09:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I just downloaded the torrent and it showed up as the correct size (using firefox on a Mac). it also started fine in the official bittorrent client for me.

What OS are you using and what browser? And, have you tried using another browser to download the torrent file?

Also, please clear your cache or you'll get the same results as before. << very important!

Old 2005-05-21, 09:49 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

I just downloaded the file too and it's the correct file size. I used IE6.0 (right-click and "save as").

I can email it to you if you want me too. PM an email address.

The reason I asked you to post the link is because I've helped people before (on different boards) and when I thought I was looking at the correct thread, it turned out I wasn't and it just took more time to resolve the issue. With a link, that confusion can be avoided, plus it makes it easier for the person who is helping you (or trying to). It's kind of a "help me to help you, courtesy thing"
Old 2005-05-21, 09:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

FYI, to post a link to a thread, all you need to do is grab the url and paste it in the thread. The vBulletin software will make it into a link for you.

Old 2005-05-22, 07:40 AM
2.11 TB/1.53 TB/0.72

Cleared cache & tried again.....it worked . Thanks for the tip & thanks everyone for their input, much appreciated.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble