The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-07-13, 05:23 PM
97.35 GB/30.76 GB/0.32

help w/ forum stats (seeding)

hi all

im rather new here, registered and downloaded 2x buckethead dvds and seeded them some short time as far as I could on my 3072/352 adsl.

now I have reinstalled windows, but saved .torrent files and actual DVDs on HDD and I want to seed back up to get my ratio 1:1 or more.

I have import .torrent files back to utorrent and point to folders with DVD's but problem is that forum doesnt see that im uploading. When i go to check actual torrents

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=34354

and

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=37417

i can see my name on peer list, and connected time, but it says im not uploading anything although im connected over 40mins and my utorrent uploaded over 250mb

maybe someone can help me ?

also if u click on my profile u can see i'm currently downloading third buckethead dvd , but that's from my job server with torrentflux ( theres symetric up and down so ratio shouldnt be a problem ;O) . Mb my ratio counter doesnt work from my home coz I have already started to down/up there 1st ?

cheers all , 1st post btw ;O)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-07-13, 06:12 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: help w/ forum stats (seeding)

I don't see you in the Peers list for the first torrent and the second torrent has five seeders and no leechers so you wouldn't be uploading on that one anyway (you need a leecher in order to upload). I see you trying to download the other torrent, but it's old and currently has no seeder, so you won't be getting any download or upload rate on it.

You are firewalled. That means you may only upload or download from users who are NOT firewalled. If you are connected to a torrent and the leecher is also firewalled, you will NOT upload to him at all. You should forward your port for your bittorrent client if you wish to not be firewalled.

Your stats won't change for about 35 minutes or so because that is how often your bittorrent client should be set to 'talk' to the tracker.

Old 2007-07-14, 07:04 AM
97.35 GB/30.76 GB/0.32

yeah, my torrent at work stopped because seeds are gone.

also i dissapeared from peers list like 10 mins after posting this 1st post and right then on forum i got stat ''firewalled'' in red .

my torrent port is open tho, forwarding and nat are fine and utorrent shows green icon and probe port works fine.

dunno why i dissapeared from peers list on both torrents and getting firewalled now ?
Old 2007-07-14, 08:03 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You are currently only showing up on the Buckethead torrent.

You should check and see if you really are not firewalled - canyouseeme.org

A green light can show up even if you are firewalled. It simply means the torrent is running fine. It doesn't mean a thing regarding firewalling. If there are a lot of peers on a torrents and you are connected to several, then you will get a green light.

Old 2007-07-14, 09:40 AM
97.35 GB/30.76 GB/0.32

i see. i tested and it says

Success: I can see your service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (xxxxx)
Your ISP is not blocking port xxxxx

and forum still says im firewalled :/

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble