The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-05-11, 05:56 AM
56.17 GB/77.19 GB/1.37

Re: Burning DVDs w/ Mac & Toast

Righto,

Data tab->open the options drawer->Advanced->DVD-ROM (UDF)->Hit "New Disc" (this is vitally important) and THEN drag in your VIDEO_TS folder. You can also then hit "New Folder" and rename the freshly created, empty folder AUDIO_TS, making sure it is free standing and has not been created within the VIDEO_TS folder. You can now safely hit Burn as Toast will automatically make any disc containing a VIDEO_TS folder a DVD_Video.

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-05-11, 06:32 AM
knowustrider
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I wasn't able to do eactly what you had said

Data tab->open the options drawer->Advanced->DVD-ROM (UDF)->Hit "New Disc" (this is vitally important)

I did not have the DVD-ROM (UDF) option when I opend the Advanced tab ... I went straight to the New Disc command

It started to burn and then about halfway through I got this message :

Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x21 , 0x02
BUFFER UNDERRUN

Thanks for the help , boy I am frustrated simply because things were working before, I burned 6 audio discs this morning and they came out fine and copied a DVD as well , just cannot seem to burn a new DVD now
Old 2005-05-11, 07:29 AM
56.17 GB/77.19 GB/1.37

Bummer. Googling your error codes brought up a couple of possibly useful threads:

http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxi...ssage.id=19702

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/...p/t-89276.html

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=131713

FWIW, I have the same drive as you in my eMac and a while back it just stopped offering 8x as a burn speed. In semi-desperation I flashed the firmware to 1.18 which also enabled DVD+R burning and it's been as good as gold ever since.

If you want to try that, this thread has all the info but you'll need to sift through to find it:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=30233

Hope something works for you.
Old 2005-05-11, 08:51 AM
knowustrider
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks a ton for your assistance , at work now so I will have to sift through this tomorrow morning , checked out a couple of the links but I am a teacher and we have a nazi web filter which does not allow me to access much , thanks again !!
Old 2005-05-11, 12:02 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

you only have this prob with maxell discs?? its the discs
i have never had probs with maxell myself but if you have no probs with fuji and now used 4 maxell and had probs with them all--its the discs

check out lynns mac burning page too
http://u2lynne.sandsmuseum.com/burning.html
Old 2005-05-13, 06:04 PM
jaybird07c
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Another Newbie (burning dvd's) ???

Hello,

I finally figured out the bit turrent audio side of things and am thoroughly having a blast with sharing music of some of my favorites (ie" Crowes, Truckers, and Panic). I just recently found this site with the option of videos and I'm trying to figure out how to start the fun in that arena.

I've been lurking/studying trying to gain the knowledge to burn dvd files and have come to a point of "stuck" . I am a newbie to the dvd stuff and have what I think are all the required programs to get the job done. (ie: Nero, DVD decrypter, etc.) I just can't get my test subject to happen.

I've downloaded a Trucker's file and have the VIDEO_TS file. My question is what do I need to do to get this onto a dvd? I've read about and seen mention of ISO files within NERO, but I cannot find any such file within the download. What step am I missing to get this done. Please keep in mind that I'm new to all the techno-speak, so any "layman's terms" would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jaybird
Old 2005-05-13, 07:22 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Re: Another Newbie (burning dvd's) ???

You won't find ISO files offered here they are disc "images" which store the information in the same format that it gets burned to a DVDr or CDr and are not traded here. To burn your truckers show just start nero (I use express mostly) choose DVD-Video Files then drag or use add button to put the VIDEO-TS folder in the project. The latest version just shows the files and will create the proper folder structure on the burned disc. Hit next and burn away. In nero (not express) chose DVD-Video Files then NEW and put the contents of the VIDEO-TS folder into the projects VIDEO-TS folder and burn away

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-05-14, 03:38 AM
jaybird07c
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks for the assist.

I'm still coming up at a loss. (forgive me if this winds up being an extremely obvious mistake, which I'm sure it will).

I'm working with the latest version of Nero (Nero 6). I can't even find an option for making a dvd-video task. The only tasks I can find are VCDs, Data DVDs and photo mgmt. Do I need to upgrade, switch to some alternate software, or what?

Anyone who has the latest version of Nero and could walk me through what I'm missing, I would greatly appreciate a tip.

Thanks again.

jaybird
Old 2005-05-14, 04:17 AM
jaybird07c
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

In the immortal words of the great Homer Simpson: "WOOHOO"!!!!

I did some more reading through past threads and found a mention of IMGTOOL. Downloaded that for free and it's "me-proof" aka: idiot proof. My wife will be sooooo glad I bought that nice expensive Nero program for nothing more than supporting the free thing I downloaded . Perhaps I should'nt tell??? Nothing like going around your ass to scratch your head....
Old 2005-05-14, 06:39 AM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird07c
Thanks for the assist.

Anyone who has the latest version of Nero and could walk me through what I'm missing, I would greatly appreciate a tip.

jaybird
Open "Nero Burning ROM ." A "New Compolation" dialog box pops open. Top left hand side is a drop down to select CD or DVD. Select DVD. Sounds like your looking at CD. Then select "DVD-Video." Then it's just like burning a CD. Drop every file from your show into the red VIDEO_TS folder in the left-hand window. Do nothing with the AUDIO_TS folder.

Burn.

Rob
Old 2005-05-14, 11:23 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird07c
In the immortal words of the great Homer Simpson: "WOOHOO"!!!!

I did some more reading through past threads and found a mention of IMGTOOL. Downloaded that for free and it's "me-proof" aka: idiot proof. My wife will be sooooo glad I bought that nice expensive Nero program for nothing more than supporting the free thing I downloaded . Perhaps I should'nt tell??? Nothing like going around your ass to scratch your head....
Are you beginning in Nero "Smart Start"?
Also you may want to get updates from HERE

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-05-16, 06:50 PM
91.22 GB/90.07 GB/0.99

video_ts not opening?

so i've got the contents of a dvd on my hd. how the hell do you transfer to a dvd-r and have it play in a dvd player? i have windvd but i cannot open any of the folders. i've transfered everything to a dvd-r and it won't play on any player. do you have to convert the .ifo or .vob files before burning to dvd-r? i'm completely lost. at work they have sonic and everthing else that comes with the cpu for writing software. any help is appreciated.
Old 2005-05-16, 06:53 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: video_ts not opening?

this ?s been addressed before, try searching the "Technobabble Archive" or you can find out a bunch of ish at videohelp.com
Old 2005-05-16, 07:53 PM
91.22 GB/90.07 GB/0.99

Re: video_ts not opening?

nevermind...i'm an idiot.
Old 2005-05-18, 12:42 PM
webbmaster
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I've just been through this entire thread and done everything. What I failed to do is determine if my PC is capable of burning DVDs. I am new to this too. I just bought this PC used. It works great. How can I determine if it is able to burn DVDs?

The first clue that set me off was the ImageTool Burn program only has an "Image Recorder" device. So I assume I can't burn. I'm feeling more and more like an idiot. I knew it was too easy.

Whats the price range for an external DVD burner? Are external burners recomended?

Thanks for all your help.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble