The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2021-03-22, 03:38 PM
1.99 TB/949.56 GB/0.47

Need some help renaming tracks into Sonos library

Hi,

I've been transferring my bootlegs onto a network hard drive so that I can listen to them through my Sonos. Most of my bootlegs were burned onto CD and those were all ripped and added to my Sonos library with no problem, and each bootleg lists all of the song names when I look through Sonos.

Here's where I am hoping for some help. I have a few that I recently downloaded but am not putting on CD. I converted the flac files to mp3. From this point, the process I followed was the same as after ripping my CDs to mp3.

I renamed the songs from "d1t1" etc to the actual song name, copied them to the external hard drive and then added them to the Sonos library. This time the track names did not transfer - even though the song name (ex. 1 The Weight) is what is showing on the hard drive, Sonos shows it as d1t1.

I can't figure out why the song name isn't showing in my Sonos library. If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2021-03-22, 11:08 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Re: Need some help renaming tracks into Sonos library

you need to edit your mp3 tags - whatever you used to pervert - sorry, I mean convert, your files to eMPty3 files, didn't carry over mp3 tags in the flac files - assuming they were tagged flacs, which they may not have been...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble