The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2008-09-20, 10:16 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Questionable Trader: Funkyman

I posted a thread about some BAR-KAYS videos and this guy posts a lot on this website. I sent a Prince dvd to him back in April and he toke 4 months just to send me what he promised. the shows that he was listed on his website, he didnt have them because he told me that he was waiting for an owner or another trader to send it to him in the mail. This trader even promised to send me two additional videos in the mail since it was taking him so long to his videos in the mail. He send me one show but didnt send me all that he promised and agreed to since I sent him a Prince musicology tour dvd back in April and that is BAD BUISNESS. He hasn't replied to any of my emails. I am just letting u know that there are some bad traders at this website. here is his website:
http://members.home.nl/funkyman/index.htm

and email address:
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-09-20, 11:18 PM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Bad Trader: Funkyman

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Funkyman, but I have to say that I have traded with this person for a year and a half and I never had any problems with him at all. There must have been some sort of mistake or miscommunication because I can't imagine that he would rip you off.

I hope that you are able to settle your trade dispute amnicablly.
Old 2008-09-21, 06:34 AM
566.19 GB/483.76 GB/0.85

I can only say the same like doubleolove.

I know this guy and I never had any problems with him !!!
Old 2008-09-21, 09:50 AM
LISARDO
798.75 GB/593.72 GB/0.74

Hi,
I've traded several DVDs with him and I receive all correctly via air mail without any problem.
I think you should contact him and try to fix the problem, he's a great trader.
Old 2008-09-21, 09:54 AM
1.21 TB/1.32 TB/1.09

Good Trader: Funkyman

I have also traded with Funkyman several times. I always got what I requested and he always answers my emails. If there ever was any problems with a trade he would fix it. Funkyman is a good trader and has a great collection. Hope you can work out the problem.
Old 2008-09-21, 11:25 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I 'll never had problem with funkyman after many trade.One day , I had had problems
with 6 dvds + on my dvd player and he have send me 6 new dvds - without ask me
something in return. He is a very honest trader. Try to clarify the problem with him , I'm
sure that he will heard you.
Old 2008-09-21, 11:30 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I have sent him some emails and he hasn't replied to any of them. Most of the shows that he agreed to send me, he didnt even have. He kept saying that he was waiting for an owner to send him these shows in the mail.....
well, dont have dvd shows listed on your website that u dont have..that is plain DISHONESTY....I mean why in the hell would u have shows listed on your website that u dont have....I am very upset with Funkyman right now.
Its been two weeks and he hasnt replied to any of my emails.
Old 2008-09-21, 02:00 PM
34.77 GB/1.94 GB/0.06

I'm sorry this have to happen to you, but I also had traded with Funkyman more than once and had no problems. In fact, one time we did a trade I requested a DVD that contains a Jodeci performance and he said that he doesn't have it because he's waiting on the owner to send it to him. Some months later as soon as he got that DVD with Jodeci performance from the owner, he sent it over to me in the mail right away- so he did kept his promise and communicated with me.

Right now I'm waiting on another DVD (Prince) that he's waiting from the owner, but I don't make a fuss about it because I had traded with him more than once and he always communicates with me well through emails and always gets me the DVDs I requested; he's an honest trader.
Old 2008-09-21, 04:58 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Smile the best Trader: Funkyman

What are you saying about funkymen? He is the best trader so far, he always reply all the e-mails with great comunication, is really very easy to trade with him, you will never have problems in trading with him. I will recomended funkymen to everybody involve in trading. He have one of the best DVDs collections.
Thank you very much funkymen, since I trade with you my collection is better everyday.
Old 2008-09-21, 05:55 PM
doubleolove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Ok, well I understand that people should not list DVD's on their websites that they do not have at all or yet. Since I am a friend of Funkyman, I have e-mailed him about this to see what was happening. In this case, it seems that Funkyman had the DVD that the trader wanted but the DVD apparently has a copyguard on it. Since Funkyman does not have the software to remove the copyguard from the DVD, he could not make a copy of it. From what Funkyman says, he sent the trader some extra DVD's to make up for it. I am sorry this guy feels ripped off. I can only speak for myself that Funkyman is a great trader I have been dealing with, with no problems since April or May of last year, and it seems the majority of people on this thread feel the same way.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:39 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Funkyman promised and agreed that he would send these shows:
Prince & The Time- Houston 1999 Tour 12-29-1982
Prince & the Revolution- Ahoy Rotterdam parade tour 8-10-1986
Prince & the Revolution-first avenue warm up for parade tour 1986

he only sent me Prince & the Revolution-first avenue warm up for parade tour 1986 in the mail.....not the other two dvd shows listed that he promised....
again, it is bad buisness to promise to send things that u dont have or u will not send.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:44 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

and since he has not replied to my emails or have tried to work it out with me....THE HELL WITH FUNKYMAN....It is pretty BAD when people make promises that they know that they can't keep and I have to come to this website where I found him just to state that he is a bad trader.

Last edited by trafficjam; 2008-09-22 at 10:54 AM.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:47 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I deserve to have what he promised to send me but he didnt send all the dvds that he promised and that makes him a bad trader. I am speaking of my experience, nothing more.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:51 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

with all the frustration and anger that I am feeling right now. I am still willing to work something out with funkyman but I just dont like it when people promises to send things that they know that they either dont have or will not send. all I ask is that a person
means what they say.
Old 2008-09-22, 01:48 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

As I had many deals with Funkyman, I can certify all of you that the man is highly honest, greatly communicative and all our deals finished with success...
I advice everyone to deal with Funkyman because with all the qualities he has, you'll discover the best collection of soul music in the entire world.

Thanks

Marylene

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders